Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kelsey Plum Is Getting Her Reads Down

SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Her three-point shooting percentage is up to 47.1% from 36.5% last year.

Yes, I'm posting about the WNBA. COME AT ME.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,722
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485

Thanks Joey

Real recognize real
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Those dozens of people are seeing something special.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

Those dozens of people are seeing something special.

I don't follow the league closely, but Mrs Snow knows several of the HC's well. One told me, that while Kelsey was a tremendous college player, she's nothing special athletically at the pro level. That said, it was felt she could do well in the league if she can fit in the right system. Cool story bruh.

I don't follow the league closely, but Mrs Snow knows several of the HC's well. One told me, that while Kelsey was a tremendous college player, she's nothing special athletically at the pro level. That said, it was felt she could do well in the league if she can fit in the right system. Cool story bruh.

Makes sense. She's definitely the type of player who relies more on her skills than her athleticism. (Guys like Trae Young remind me of her.) I'm hoping she has adjusted to the speed and strength of the pro game.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    People that get buckets can play in any system. KP gets buckets.

I don't know if that's completely true, at least when thinking about the leap from college to the pros. I'm not as familiar with the women's game, but the list of scoring leaders in the men's college game includes very few NBA stars.

It's sort of like Jake Browning. In high school, he had the right skills to go nuts in a high-powered offensive scheme. But he doesn't have the physical talent (or the mental calm and processing speed) to achieve success when playing decent college defenses.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Squirt said:

I don't know if that's completely true, at least when thinking about the leap from college to the pros. I'm not as familiar with the women's game, but the list of scoring leaders in the men's college game includes very few NBA stars.

It's sort of like Jake Browning. In high school, he had the right skills to go nuts in a high-powered offensive scheme. But he doesn't have the physical talent (or the mental calm and processing speed) to achieve success when playing decent college defenses.
    Notice how a lot of guys on that list were from small time schools? It’s almost like the level of competition matters a little bit. KP wasn’t just a big fish in the little pond like Jimmer or Morrison.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I notice Kelsey took down all her old bathing suit photos from Instagram. Hurts the WNBA Imo.

Swaye's Wigwam

I notice Kelsey took down all her old bathing suit photos from Instagram. Hurts the WNBA Imo.

Fuck, those were amazing. The journey to the Island of Lesbos has begun. My same WNBA sources told me the league is prolly 80% or high Les Bos.
    She went for 20 points and 3 assists on 9-14 shooting (2-5 from three) in her last game.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Fuck, those were amazing. The journey to the Island of Lesbos has begun. My same WNBA sources told me the league is prolly 80% or high Les Bos.
    I heard a story once from a former straight WNBA player that opponents would talk shit because she wasn't lezzing out.
    Was it Candace Wiggins?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I heard a story once from a former straight WNBA player that opponents would talk shit because she wasn't lezzing out.
    Was it Candace Wiggins?
    Wiggins played at the same HS as Kelsey Plum so maybe there's something in the La Jolla water that prevents conversion.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Was it Candace Wiggins?
    Wiggins played at the same HS as Kelsey Plum so maybe there's something in the La Jolla water that prevents conversion.
    The fuck does does the water have to do with anything?

They're born that way, silly.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Was it Candace Wiggins?
    The fuck does does the water have to do with anything?

They're born that way, silly.
    Failure to convert is a failure of the offense.

That's at least what you told me about @Swaye