Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Five Reasons I like this hire

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
1. Looking forward to hating Oregon again with a real shot to kick their fucking ass on the field again

2. No longer embarrassed to be associated with Husky Football

3. Woodward might be his own man now that his fucking pool boy Emmert is gone

4. UW might be serious about football again

5. We have a program building fucking adult in charge who develops players.

Comments

• Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Yep. He passes the "Does More With Less" Test.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So Sven was the only one who hated the idea of Petersen being coach?
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Five Reasons UW won the coaching search:

1. Chris Peterson - He is the best in the conference, enough said on that. He doesn't NEED five years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the conference.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 337 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Kennedy, Matt Rodgers, Shelton, Kohler, Ossai, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New defensive scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Wilcox and Holt, we will see a much improved defense on Saturday.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest this team has been in a long time. Jordon Polk, Ja’Warren Hooker, Kearse , Kevin King, Mathis, etc. The new guys will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think they can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the games and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the conference.

I think UW will win the Pac 12 rather easily....say, 10-2?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

1. Chris Peterson - He is the best in the conference, enough said on that. He doesn't NEED five years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the conference.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 337 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Kennedy, Matt Rodgers, Shelton, Kohler, Ossai, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New defensive scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Wilcox and Holt, we will see a much improved defense on Saturday.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest this team has been in a long time. Jordon Polk, Ja’Warren Hooker, Kearse , Kevin King, Mathis, etc. The new guys will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think they can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the games and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the conference.

I thought you said 5 reasons had gotten stale?

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I thought you said 5 reasons had gotten stale?

Just needed IrishDawg (aka BroncoBlue4U) to help freshen it up.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

1. Looking forward to hating Oregon again with a real shot to kick their fucking ass on the field again

2. No longer embarrassed to be associated with Husky Football

3. Woodward might be his own man now that his fucking pool boy Emmert is gone

4. UW might be serious about football again

5. We have a program building fucking adult in charge who develops players.

Big if true.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dialed in as always

70-21

38-3
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I like Pete, but in all honesty, this program feels more like Oregon or Kansas State under Snyder V1.0 than an old School Husky program. They're proven winners in a weak conference, but not at the beating a Switzer led Oklahoma team in an Orange bowl level, at least not yet.