Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tax law virtually paid for

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Not really but looking forward to more macroeconomic education by @HoustonHusky

Kudlow, “Face the Nation,” July 29: Even the CBO numbers– even the CBO numbers show now that the entire one-and-a-half-trillion-dollar tax cut is virtually paid for by higher revenues and better nominal GDP.

The CBO does estimate that the tax law will prompt some economic changes that reduce its impact on the deficit.

The congressional budget analysts expect the tax law will boost average annual real GDP, or gross domestic product, by 0.7 percent over the 2018 to 2028 period, for example.

And without the “effects of the macroeconomic feedback,” as CBO describes the law’s economic effects, it would add more than $2.3 trillion to the deficit over the next 11 years, including a more than $1.8 trillion increase in the primary deficit and a $471 billion increase in debt-service costs. (See Table B-3.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/02/cbo-didnt-say-tax-cuts-were-virtually-paid-larry-kudlow-fact-check/895004002/

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    HondoFS...

How's your "dynamic modeling" comparing to actual revenues? (Hint...actual revenue is much higher).

Speaking of revenues, you paid up yet for Spamming the board, or you going to avoid the question some more?
  • Options

HondoFS...

How's your "dynamic modeling" comparing to actual revenues? (Hint...actual revenue is much higher).

Speaking of revenues, you paid up yet for Spamming the board, or you going to avoid the question some more?

It's actually dynamic scoring and it discusses that right there in the article, although they don't call it that.

And no actual revenue isn't much higher. But ok!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2018
    2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

It's actually dynamic scoring and it discusses that right there in the article, although they don't call it that.

You should go back to the "dynamic scoring" of the tax bill and compare it to the actual revenues...you'd be wrong again (for the 324,433,735 today alone).

Nice duck on the donation question...wonder why you skipped it?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

You should go back to the "dynamic scoring" of the tax bill and compare it to the actual revenues...you'd be wrong again (for the 324,433,735 today alone).

Nice duck on the donation question...wonder why you skipped it?
    You do realize that the more you bitch about donations. The more I'll wait just to piss you off. Sorry to Derek but that's how I roll.

And show me where revenues are way higher than projected. A link would be nice.
  • Options

The notion that a tax cut needs to be “paid for” is absurd and is just political language . If you don’t understand why, you’re a fucking dumbshit.

Conservatives have bashed the deficit for years. And they ran on a platform of being budget hawks. This bill by the conservatives makes the deficit worse.

You understand?
  • Options

The notion that a tax cut needs to be “paid for” is absurd and is just political language . If you don’t understand why, you’re a fucking dumbshit.

Only in government is a budget deficit or debt seen as a revenue problem and not a spending problem.
    Da fuq? Have you never worked in any business ever? Grow revenue is the mantra at every business.

That being said, it's a both problem. And right now conservatives are also spending like drunken sailors.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Only in government is a budget deficit or debt seen as a revenue problem and not a spending problem.
    Da fuq? Have you never worked in any business ever? Grow revenue is the mantra at every business.

That being said, it's a both problem. And right now conservatives are also spending like drunken sailors.
    Government is a business?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Government is a business?
    Read what I quoted for context.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018
    My twilio stock is up another 20% today. I'm up 301% over the last 27 months overall. The economy works for me
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

My twilio stock is up another 20% today. I'm up 301% over the last 27 months overall. The economy works for me

Twilio is great. So fuckin easy and cheap
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

Conservatives have bashed the deficit for years. And they ran on a platform of being budget hawks. This bill by the conservatives makes the deficit worse.

You understand?
    Yes. Congress should cut spending. No fucking shit. What way does to with anything I said?

Government is not a business. They don’t “generate revenue” or create wealth. They can take by force without provding comeasureate value.

You fucking dumbshit.
    Agree. I've always hated the Internal Revenue Service. Name should be changed to Internal Theft Service.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Nice trade. Why did you pick Twilio when you did?