Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,438
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

What everyone missed this last week due to the Teq v. Ballz/Roof retard fest, was that the pain from losing Ngata isn't because we'll? go get JAGs to fill the class at WR. Nor does it matter that his spot can be used to grab another guy on the lines. It also doesn't matter that we? can miss on him because the last two classes were really solid at WR and we? can take the blow.

All it takes to understand why losing Ngata is crippling is to imagine the last two UW seasons (with runs to both the Playoffs and the Fiesta Bowel) with a 6'4" 216 pound N'Keal Harry on the team.

We? got Byron Murphy but were unable to lock down his best friend Harry. While Ross and Dante were lighting it up in 2016, Harry would have been getting valuable playing time as a Freshman as a Day 1 physical force. In 2017, Harry would have made an elite pairing with Dante that would have allowed Fuller/Pounds/Baccellia to figure out who is the #3 WR. Going into 2018, instead of zero fucking clue who is going to emerge at WR, you'd have a grown ass man Harry as a JR who is he best WR in the league and can figure out who's going to jump into that #2 and #3 spot between Jones/Fuller/etc.

Ngata is that kind of dominant WR. The pain from losing Ngata comes from the lack of an absolute physical dominance. A 3 year starter then guaranteed early NFL entrant. Jones, Bynum, Cook, Spiker, Osborne should all be good WR. But it will be critical to get Ngata to flip back to UW so that those other WR can be Elite #2 and #3 WR's that pair with the physical presence of Ngata.

If you can't see that, there's Ngata fucking thing I can do to help you.

Ty Jones is 6'4 215 with 4.5 speed and a 40 inch vert. Who's to say he won't become our version of N'keal Harry?

Yes, getting N'keal Harry would have been huge because of the the JAGs we've had to deal with at WR the past couple years outside of Ross and Pettis. But, the comparison to Joe Ngata potentially coming to UW now and Harry back then is apples to oranges. Yes, Ngata is a freak but if he comes to UW the JAGs will be on their way out the door and he'll be competing for playing time against other stud WRs who will have a leg up on him in terms of knowledge of the system and experience. Ngata would not have the early impact on the team that Harry would have because the WR depth and overall talent when Ngata would arrive will be far better than it was back then.
    I think Jones will be pretty good, but he was also overrated as a recruit by us here on the boards.

He was elite at jump balls. He doesn't really look quick twitch of fast to me though. I really doubt he runs a 4.5 and he didn't look all that physical to me.

Ngata looks like a physical force like Reggie Williams who can take a slant to the house after breaking a tackle. That's not Jones and I doubt it ever will be.

That said, John Ross flashed a little his freshman year but wasn't a huge factor. String had the one game against UCLA, but that was it.

LIPO, but Ngata looks like a different beast than anyone we have. I can also see us being pretty happy with the WR core we already have a year from now.
    This. Ty Jones was a very good recruit with a ton of upside. Joe Ngata is simply on another level. I didn't expect much out of Jones as a true frosh. I would expect Ngata to be a game changer as a freshman.
    For other teams with a simple offense he could be. But for UW, Ngata would not be a true Freshman game changer. More of a rotational guy.

He wouldn't start at UW as true Freshman. Our offense is too complicated. This has been covered already. Not even worth arguing anymore. He's not coming here. But UW will continue to slaughter Oregon regardless.
    Aaron Fuller started as a freshman. No reason why Ngata wouldn't start as a freshman.
    Ummmm Ross and Pettis were the starters and if you want to go three wide McClatcher was the slot.
    Doogs hate facts.

"2016: Played in all 14 games of his true freshman season, starting four times"

https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4890
    Started four times is a lot different than being the starter. So he was in on the opening formation a couple times. There's no way he played close to starter minutes.

But if you're point is Ngata could go in for a play or two at the beginning of a handful of games as true frosh, sure.gif
    Reading is hard.

All I said was that Fuller started and that the offense isn't too difficult for a freshman to learn. Those are facts.

Never said anything about him being a starter, just that he started as a freshman. Don't twist.

What are you trying to argue?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

What everyone missed this last week due to the Teq v. Ballz/Roof retard fest, was that the pain from losing Ngata isn't because we'll? go get JAGs to fill the class at WR. Nor does it matter that his spot can be used to grab another guy on the lines. It also doesn't matter that we? can miss on him because the last two classes were really solid at WR and we? can take the blow.

All it takes to understand why losing Ngata is crippling is to imagine the last two UW seasons (with runs to both the Playoffs and the Fiesta Bowel) with a 6'4" 216 pound N'Keal Harry on the team.

We? got Byron Murphy but were unable to lock down his best friend Harry. While Ross and Dante were lighting it up in 2016, Harry would have been getting valuable playing time as a Freshman as a Day 1 physical force. In 2017, Harry would have made an elite pairing with Dante that would have allowed Fuller/Pounds/Baccellia to figure out who is the #3 WR. Going into 2018, instead of zero fucking clue who is going to emerge at WR, you'd have a grown ass man Harry as a JR who is he best WR in the league and can figure out who's going to jump into that #2 and #3 spot between Jones/Fuller/etc.

Ngata is that kind of dominant WR. The pain from losing Ngata comes from the lack of an absolute physical dominance. A 3 year starter then guaranteed early NFL entrant. Jones, Bynum, Cook, Spiker, Osborne should all be good WR. But it will be critical to get Ngata to flip back to UW so that those other WR can be Elite #2 and #3 WR's that pair with the physical presence of Ngata.

If you can't see that, there's Ngata fucking thing I can do to help you.

Ty Jones is 6'4 215 with 4.5 speed and a 40 inch vert. Who's to say he won't become our version of N'keal Harry?

Yes, getting N'keal Harry would have been huge because of the the JAGs we've had to deal with at WR the past couple years outside of Ross and Pettis. But, the comparison to Joe Ngata potentially coming to UW now and Harry back then is apples to oranges. Yes, Ngata is a freak but if he comes to UW the JAGs will be on their way out the door and he'll be competing for playing time against other stud WRs who will have a leg up on him in terms of knowledge of the system and experience. Ngata would not have the early impact on the team that Harry would have because the WR depth and overall talent when Ngata would arrive will be far better than it was back then.
    I think Jones will be pretty good, but he was also overrated as a recruit by us here on the boards.

He was elite at jump balls. He doesn't really look quick twitch of fast to me though. I really doubt he runs a 4.5 and he didn't look all that physical to me.

Ngata looks like a physical force like Reggie Williams who can take a slant to the house after breaking a tackle. That's not Jones and I doubt it ever will be.

That said, John Ross flashed a little his freshman year but wasn't a huge factor. String had the one game against UCLA, but that was it.

LIPO, but Ngata looks like a different beast than anyone we have. I can also see us being pretty happy with the WR core we already have a year from now.
    This. Ty Jones was a very good recruit with a ton of upside. Joe Ngata is simply on another level. I didn't expect much out of Jones as a true frosh. I would expect Ngata to be a game changer as a freshman.
    For other teams with a simple offense he could be. But for UW, Ngata would not be a true Freshman game changer. More of a rotational guy.

He wouldn't start at UW as true Freshman. Our offense is too complicated. This has been covered already. Not even worth arguing anymore. He's not coming here. But UW will continue to slaughter Oregon regardless.
    Aaron Fuller started as a freshman. No reason why Ngata wouldn't start as a freshman.
    Ummmm Ross and Pettis were the starters and if you want to go three wide McClatcher was the slot.
    Doogs hate facts.

"2016: Played in all 14 games of his true freshman season, starting four times"

https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4890
    Started four times is a lot different than being the starter. So he was in on the opening formation a couple times. There's no way he played close to starter minutes.

But if you're point is Ngata could go in for a play or two at the beginning of a handful of games as true frosh, sure.gif
    Reading is hard.

All I said was that Fuller started and that the offense isn't too difficult for a freshman to learn. Those are facts.

Never said anything about him being a starter, just that he started as a freshman. Don't twist.

What are you trying to argue?
    Calling someone a starter as a freshman suggests that they were at the top of the depth chart. Fuller never was. Apparently that's not what you were trying to suggest but that's how I read it.

No biggie.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Ngata and Kaho are supposed to be big buddies.

Bad developments with both of them lately ... coincidence?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Squirt said:

I have been reflecting on Joseph Ngata's recruitment. An important question springs to mind, and I'm really hoping that @Tequilla and BallzDeep can weigh in:

Was John Ross drafted in the top 10 or top 15 of the first round?

Squirt said:

I have been reflecting on Joseph Ngata's recruitment. An important question springs to mind, and I'm really hoping that @Tequilla and BallzDeep can weigh in:

Was John Ross drafted in the top 10 or top 15 of the first round?

One could argue Pettis was drafted above his projection. SF is a great place for him
    I see what you did there.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

"I know that Washington is still recruiting Joe Ngata. And his family will be coming back up to Seattle to see Ariel play — we believe that Joe may be coming to town too. While we’ve heard that his family is letting him make his own decision, a source close to the family said that the real wish would have been for both brothers to play together."

Come on tight knit African family!!! Win out on this shit.

Is this from Ektard? I didn't see this blurb in his blog today.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

"I know that Washington is still recruiting Joe Ngata. And his family will be coming back up to Seattle to see Ariel play — we believe that Joe may be coming to town too. While we’ve heard that his family is letting him make his own decision, a source close to the family said that the real wish would have been for both brothers to play together."

Is this from Ektard? I didn't see this blurb in his blog today.
    Sounds like ROOF's optimism oops i meant LIES!
  • Options

Find the thread where this belongs fucko!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,052
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

We have a less than a 0% chance to flip Ngata.

RemindMe! 121 days
  • Options

We have a less than a 0% chance to flip Ngata.

Learn to do math you idiot! HAHAHAHA
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Still doubt we have a chance. Ariel coming to Seattle to watch Joe is a water is wet statement. They are brothers. Still, someone is saying we have a chance.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Still doubt we have a chance. Ariel coming to Seattle to watch Joe is a water is wet statement. They are brothers. Still, someone is saying we have a chance.
    ISAFNRC
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Think about how many times brothers go different places. All the time.

Shaq to UW instead of Cal. Thanks Tosh! But thats beside the point...
  • Options
    animate said:

Think about how many times brothers go different places. All the time.

Shaq to UW instead of Cal. Thanks Tosh! But thats beside the point...

Brothers don’t always go to the same school but that’s a bad example. Shaq wouldn’t have been able to play two to three years with his brother had he gone to Cal.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Thanks for pouring salt in the wound.