Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Phil Knight's Money Couldn't Keep Oregon Out Of College Football's Middle Class

jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
https://deadspin.com/phil-knights-money-couldnt-keep-oregon-out-of-college-f-1828059887

"College football—any sport really, but especially college sports—does not have a long memory. Shiny recruiting classes fade and go their separate ways, once-great coaches are fired after a couple bad seasons, top-25 programs become afterthoughts with one postseason miss, shitty coaches are rehired after sitting out a couple years. It’s the way of the college football world and it ain’t going to change anytime soon, not even for Phil Knight and his precious Ducks. "

"Oregon has been down in the dumps for three years now and I’m not quite sure they’re done wallowing in the slop. Last season was an improvement over their 4-8 2016 season, sure. Head coach Willie Taggart came to town, iced out reporters for no good reason and hired defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, a man who knows college defense and how to get away with grabbing players by the throat and slapping them. With a quarterback in his second year and an improved defense, the Ducks finished 7-6, losing to Boise State in their bowl game.

But past some marginally better coaching, Oregon didn’t truly impress me one time last season. They beat the teams they should have and got fucking clobbered by anyone with a rank next to their name—their average scoring margin against top-25 teams was -27.5 points. I know quarterback Justin Herbert was up-and-down with his broken collarbone recovery, but damn. "

Mooseturd certainly has something to say about this one!!!!

Comments