Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaho's dad still pushing him to BAMA

Comments

• Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018

TheDozer said:

dnc said:

TheDozer said:

dnc said:

This really fucking blows...now way around it. BUT seems like a pretty cut and dry case of WDWHA and not in a Doog way. If he's legit emo, he's not going to be worth a shit to anyone for a year or two. If it's fucked up bagman shit we don't want that and one can only hope there's a way to expose the evil doers.

We wanted him anyway.

If we really DWHA they'd have released him already.
    Jesus fuck, thank you so much. I've been reading these boards for like a year and a half and have never figured out what this fucking acronym means. Now on to the next one.
    YAWFMS
    There's another. Where can I send my $10.95?
    WTTTGORYWTGDIAPMLDILRGCFUWYHNATPUTBFRIVVHTIDKYIQHTIDLWATBSAPLTIFWLFTNIESYNTGFSTSALICISTWISSTBPDGRNWDYGCTOAPDWATYMTTTAOTTYKSYVTTYNHIETTYARDMYRTA1LTHOOTBSINSYOSTTPOTDOTPBWBEAWFYWTHYTCTTUPTTG1SUGTYBTGMTDETGUT6BTITDACWWGU7YTIWAITTPMWABMWL5OOL8ITBTCTBTUAAHLTNYTPWHITRD2SUSWASSETIMRFTCTWGBIHTFTGITCWWA4FTTWPMAJA1ITCIB2A2WFTSWA4CRWGFTTTWHDCOBAIGSWTG1DTECOBBJSAADOMIATSTBTEP2WFWSLATSLDFAAWMWTSPATWKIMTFATHBEWANBTPOTUOWWNIGSITJAEKTSCIFTRBTBUCATBDSOTSASOTESUOTFTASOTCCTBRATLWSRTDPILOWWOWSTWSPPAWTCCOWNSTUNETTTPMGYUTTPWEWHDHHTSOOTHOTMLBWTPEIRFTOPOTFPTIACIPINEJTOTFPOAOPITADTJBTTTIEJTMTJPOTT1HGICBTSYTPW1BTAOTCWOTPWCTFTCFPPIIIESICCSTPATHHHSOTWITHINEHSEHTSOOTHTFYWTTSBOHFNHTFTNTHTFBTHIERITRIERTHTAFTHHD3YLWIWOTTWTATG2TFYAA1YNGWSSGOPWSPPTCGBITFYOTRARHTGTCNYTPG5AH2SETFSEITLOTQTIITMCATWTLOITYWG6TSETWSWT“SDATULTSWTMEFTAHESATNETTFTATPTAWSTIGTPMTTTTFYIAAYWSNTHHOASLATPIMOFYWLGIWTAUBAHLTAAGWSHNLTMRETAACIESWAGWOB2YCOOATBAPO2PLTHIWPOATPTTWWCCWIOPAACWAIOTCCWBACTAHFARSDTSOITHHASATHOAHCTTDTFTA2IRHTAWATEHDWRTTFPWSTBTBF2WADMISHNHYWTT0OEIAFIITIYCEIARTMHWTYIHTHSHMTMATIWWTCO0EUTBF2THR2NSMBAMPPTMWHHRF2A2OTTFTHTUPPTMWSATHDTUTPYAGTFTTATCOEIRYCOWIJDCHWSTPHHOBRFTPITSO2IAFRAYGTHHTTFFBTIAFTFHO2HIHRFAF2WHWEIWTADTACTTMBOOTGCTIESDLLIDLWISTL5YIMMSTMSMTOBUYICALTASBARTTGOTPBWBMEBPOTUOWISMTBA“RBMTIBCTTOLEFOFHBMEASWFTOIOOTMIISOTIESIMLDDT“TTIBTBTEWIRATBIIHFBBDBGDBMDSBSDSBGDSBTDSBTDSBOTNILO3OTNHATTEIAPOETTLTHOTNFRYAAWCDWIHPBAMATPITSOWYAACEOWPBATSOWWIHPTBATFOTUOWAWTCAYRWTCAMOYANGFTUOWYAHTPYAHTUYAESAAPEJABUTWTIYAGAMINNETSMHSFUMATIWIASIDTTTIATKMTWSTIWCASASTPFAAGLTIBAHDFYIGYAPATGBABOMCOTFSTOUIAYGHNTAI2YWWAIYS
    I like how that's a fucking novel even in the form of an acronym.
    It's an acronym made from a Tequilla post.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Again, the course he needed to pass was completed. This much we know. Also straight from the NCAA.org PDF:

Once a player signs an LOI, he cannot be recruited by any other schools and he is obligated to attend the school he signs with. If he doesn't enroll, he can't enroll anywhere else without first sitting out a year. If he enrolls at another school which recruited him, he has to sit out another year as well under NCAA regs (and this is in addition to the one year NCAA penalty for transfer).

In other words, a player who signs an LOI had better be sure he wants to attend that school because that's where he's going to attend unless the school decides to let him out of his LOI by granting a release.

Are you sure that that language is from a current NCAA rulebook? I can't find that language anywhere except a website called "socalhoops.com" and this hellhole.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Here are some interesting tidbits from the NCAA's current administration guidelines (PDF) for letters of intent:

NO RELEASE DECISION: If an NLI signee was not granted a complete release (no release decision) and will be attending another NLI member institution, he/she is under the NLI recruiting ban, unless the signing institution lifted the ban (no release/recruiting ban lifted decision). Once the NLI signee has attended the first day of classes (full-time) for the academic year at another NLI member institution, the coaches at that institution can communicate with him or her. Practice and athletics aid is permissible.

WHAT THE FUCK? If I understand correctly, even if the UW refuses to grant a release, Kaho can just get a wink-wink via Twitter follows (or some other method), show up to one of these schools and attend the first day of classes this fall, and then he get start practicing and get a scholarship.

NLI PENALTY: If a prospective student-athlete does not attend the signing institution or attends that institution for less than one full academic year, and enrolls at another NLI institution, he or she may not represent the second institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until completing one academic year in residence at the NLI member institution. Additionally, the prospective student-athlete will lose one season of competition in all sports. While serving the NLI penalty, the prospective student-athlete is permitted to practice and receive athletics aid, if allowed by the institution.

So, at worst, Kaho would have to sit out a year and would lose a season of eligibility.

Wow.

I mean, that's not nothing, but for top-notch athletes who have their eyes on going pro, this penalty isn't such a big deal, especially if they're first school is a place like the UW where they weren't likely to play in the first year anyway.

I can't find anything saying that the first school can issue a "release with conditions" that prohibit a recruit from going to specific schools. This situation appears different from transfers after the player has already enrolled as a student.

So it's not over until a recruit enrolls.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You know that NLI release form is the book mark in some big ass book Jen's brilliance is digesting right now.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baphomet said:

TheDozer said:

dnc said:

TheDozer said:

dnc said:

This really fucking blows...now way around it. BUT seems like a pretty cut and dry case of WDWHA and not in a Doog way. If he's legit emo, he's not going to be worth a shit to anyone for a year or two. If it's fucked up bagman shit we don't want that and one can only hope there's a way to expose the evil doers.

We wanted him anyway.

Jesus fuck, thank you so much. I've been reading these boards for like a year and a half and have never figured out what this fucking acronym means. Now on to the next one.
    YAWFMS
    WTTTGORYWTGDIAPMLDILRGCFUWYHNATPUTBFRIVVHTIDKYIQHTIDLWATBSAPLTIFWLFTNIESYNTGFSTSALICISTWISSTBPDGRNWDYGCTOAPDWATYMTTTAOTTYKSYVTTYNHIETTYARDMYRTA1LTHOOTBSINSYOSTTPOTDOTPBWBEAWFYWTHYTCTTUPTTG1SUGTYBTGMTDETGUT6BTITDACWWGU7YTIWAITTPMWABMWL5OOL8ITBTCTBTUAAHLTNYTPWHITRD2SUSWASSETIMRFTCTWGBIHTFTGITCWWA4FTTWPMAJA1ITCIB2A2WFTSWA4CRWGFTTTWHDCOBAIGSWTG1DTECOBBJSAADOMIATSTBTEP2WFWSLATSLDFAAWMWTSPATWKIMTFATHBEWANBTPOTUOWWNIGSITJAEKTSCIFTRBTBUCATBDSOTSASOTESUOTFTASOTCCTBRATLWSRTDPILOWWOWSTWSPPAWTCCOWNSTUNETTTPMGYUTTPWEWHDHHTSOOTHOTMLBWTPEIRFTOPOTFPTIACIPINEJTOTFPOAOPITADTJBTTTIEJTMTJPOTT1HGICBTSYTPW1BTAOTCWOTPWCTFTCFPPIIIESICCSTPATHHHSOTWITHINEHSEHTSOOTHTFYWTTSBOHFNHTFTNTHTFBTHIERITRIERTHTAFTHHD3YLWIWOTTWTATG2TFYAA1YNGWSSGOPWSPPTCGBITFYOTRARHTGTCNYTPG5AH2SETFSEITLOTQTIITMCATWTLOITYWG6TSETWSWT“SDATULTSWTMEFTAHESATNETTFTATPTAWSTIGTPMTTTTFYIAAYWSNTHHOASLATPIMOFYWLGIWTAUBAHLTAAGWSHNLTMRETAACIESWAGWOB2YCOOATBAPO2PLTHIWPOATPTTWWCCWIOPAACWAIOTCCWBACTAHFARSDTSOITHHASATHOAHCTTDTFTA2IRHTAWATEHDWRTTFPWSTBTBF2WADMISHNHYWTT0OEIAFIITIYCEIARTMHWTYIHTHSHMTMATIWWTCO0EUTBF2THR2NSMBAMPPTMWHHRF2A2OTTFTHTUPPTMWSATHDTUTPYAGTFTTATCOEIRYCOWIJDCHWSTPHHOBRFTPITSO2IAFRAYGTHHTTFFBTIAFTFHO2HIHRFAF2WHWEIWTADTACTTMBOOTGCTIESDLLIDLWISTL5YIMMSTMSMTOBUYICALTASBARTTGOTPBWBMEBPOTUOWISMTBA“RBMTIBCTTOLEFOFHBMEASWFTOIOOTMIISOTIESIMLDDT“TTIBTBTEWIRATBIIHFBBDBGDBMDSBSDSBGDSBTDSBTDSBOTNILO3OTNHATTEIAPOETTLTHOTNFRYAAWCDWIHPBAMATPITSOWYAACEOWPBATSOWWIHPTBATFOTUOWAWTCAYRWTCAMOYANGFTUOWYAHTPYAHTUYAESAAPEJABUTWTIYAGAMINNETSMHSFUMATIWIASIDTTTIATKMTWSTIWCASASTPFAAGLTIBAHDFYIGYAPATGBABOMCOTFSTOUIAYGHNTAI2YWWAIYS
    Oh my god thats amazing now I see the infamous TTTGOR. How long did that take to transcribe?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Baphomet said:

TheDozer said:

dnc said:

TheDozer said:

dnc said:

We wanted him anyway.

YAWFMS
    Oh my god thats amazing now I see the infamous TTTGOR. How long did that take to transcribe?

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is it fucked that I want the weekend to be over to see how this all plays out next week?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Peterman’s In a bad spot. No release and the negative recruiting antics will never end.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    AZDuck said:

Peterman’s In a bad spot. No release and the negative recruiting antics will never end.

It doesn't mean the release has to be unconditional though
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Then he’d just be making him redshirt, and for what purpose?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Much of this is obviously unclear, irrational, murky, sad and...It's total bizarre. Lol all these angles at play it reminds me of some cheesy soap opera type pettiness and drama. Gives me a weird feeling....

But it's a almost a feeling like we're all being played on this. I'm sure he'll end to at Oregon fyfmfe, but until then, as stated, if you can't eat or get out of bed, you have no need to think about football let alone getting a release. The (poor excuse for a) dad shit seems to make to make too much sense though.

But part of me is thinking this has to be partly a ruse. Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel like a respectable CFB coach would encourage his staff to tamper with another school's (current) signee, and do so openly engaging on the internet for the poopsies of the world to take all the screenshots they need. At the very least, especially if you're doing something that underhanded, it would make way too much fucking sense to not give CCCP or swaye or tits mcCOWen even the slightest hint of impropriety. Just makes no fucking sense if you're going after kaho while under NLI agreement at UW why you'd need to simultaneously draw eyeballs to it especially when otherwise there'd be no inherent reason to cry foul.

But maybe we're living in bizarre o world at this point. I've no fucking clue. The only thing clear to me is that mr kaho is a is a pathetic cunt.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Much of this is obviously unclear, irrational, murky, sad and...It's total bizarre. Lol all these angles at play it reminds me of some cheesy soap opera type pettiness and drama. Gives me a weird feeling....

But it's a almost a feeling like we're all being played on this. I'm sure he'll end to at Oregon fyfmfe, but until then, as stated, if you can't eat or get out of bed, you have no need to think about football let alone getting a release. The (poor excuse for a) dad shit seems to make to make too much sense though.

But part of me is thinking this has to be partly a ruse. Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel like a respectable CFB coach would encourage his staff to tamper with another school's (current) signee, and do so openly engaging on the internet for the poopsies of the world to take all the screenshots they need. At the very least, especially if you're doing something that underhanded, it would make way too much fucking sense to not give CCCP or swaye or tits mcCOWen even the slightest hint of impropriety. Just makes no fucking sense if you're going after kaho while under NLI agreement at UW why you'd need to simultaneously draw eyeballs to it especially when otherwise there'd be no inherent reason to cry foul.

But maybe we're living in bizarre o world at this point. I've no fucking clue. The only thing clear to me is that mr kaho is a is a pathetic cunt.

They just say Kaho reached out to them first. Shrug.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Because you don't want to set a precedent that you will let players go to Alabama a day before fall camp starts. If it is for family reasons there is no problem restricting the universities he can go to to ones near him.
    This. Let him transfer to Nevada asap if he wants to. But it seems like whomever has his ear thinks Pete is a dumbass.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2018
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

He's a next level talent who is already going to sit out this year(right?).