Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaho's dad still pushing him to BAMA

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2018
    I say don't grant him his release and hope this situation blows over. The kid was photographed three days ago smiling and throwing up his dubs. Obviously he still loves UW and wants to be a Dawg. Maybe some parental interference going on here preventing him from doing what HE wants to do? Maybe it was just a bad time for him to be away from home? I would not release him until I need his scholarship for the 2019 recruiting class close to Signing Day. Wait it out and hopefully it blows over and he enrolls at UW for Fall or Winter quarter.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I say don't grant him his release and hope this situation blows over. The kid was photographed three days ago smiling and throwing up his dubs. Obviously he still loves UW and wants to be a Dawg. Maybe some parental interference going on here preventing him from doing what HE wants to do? Maybe it was just a bad time for him to be away from home? I would not release him until I need his scholarship for the 2019 recruiting class close to Signing Day. Wait it out and hopefully it blows over and he enrolls at UW for Fall or Winter quarter.

He never attended a practice or class. They’ll have to release him. Who to, and with what restrictions is another matter.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018
    Act 2:

We see a Twitter feed....“Hardest thing I’ve ever had to do...please respect my descison...no interviews please....”

A thank you emoji

Another tweet: “Much respect”

fade to black

[end it]
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Baseman said:

He never attended a practice or class. They’ll have to release him. Who to, and with what restrictions is another matter.
    No they don't. Releasing people from their LOI is voluntary. We didn't HAVE to release Michael Porter Jr. from his LOI or any of those other Romar recruits. We could have said "fuck you if you want to go one and done at a college you'll have to do it at UW". I'm too lazy to look it up but I think it's one year from the day the LOI is signed that the recruit is bound to attend that school.

I know when a mission kid signs an LOI it's meaningless because after one year (I think) of not enrolling at the school the LOI is void and he can be recruited again.

Fuck releasing him. Marlon and his family were able to get a clean break from UW because he was just a verbal commit. This kid not only gave his word but signed a letter of intent and now he's going to try to back out a day before Fall camp? Personal issues or not that's fucking bullshit and a slap in the face. Fuck that, don't make it easy for him and just give him an easy way out. Make him sit on his ass all of Fall and Winter watching UW win games and his teammates having fun and then see if things change down the road with either him or his parents.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Baseman said:

No they don't. Releasing people from their LOI is voluntary. We didn't HAVE to release Michael Porter Jr. from his LOI or any of those other Romar recruits. We could have said "fuck you if you want to go one and done at a college you'll have to do it at UW". I'm too lazy to look it up but I think it's one year from the day the LOI is signed that the recruit is bound to attend that school.

I know when a mission kid signs an LOI it's meaningless because after one year (I think) of not enrolling at the school the LOI is void.

Fuck releasing him. Marlon and his family were able to get a clean break from UW because he was just a verbal commit. This kid not only gave his word but signed a letter of intent and now he's going to try to back out a day before Fall camp? Personal issues or not that's fucking bullshit and a slap in the face. Fuck that, don't make it easy for him and just give him an easy way out. Make him sit on his ass all of Fall and Winter watching UW win games and his teammates having fun and then see if things change down the road with either him or his parents.
    Or uw can not waste a scholarship? I think I sit down with Petersburg and Jimmy would be a good idea before releasng him but if lavar wants his son out of uw so bad might as well let him go

• Options
    theLSkid said:

Baseman said:

I know when a mission kid signs an LOI it's meaningless because after one year (I think) of not enrolling at the school the LOI is void.

Or uw can not waste a scholarship? I think I sit down with Petersburg and Jimmy would be a good idea before releasng him but if lavar wants his son out of uw so bad might as well let him go

The scholarship is already wasted at this point in terms of the 2018 class. As I said, do not release him until you need that scholarship to add your last commit to the 2019 class. Then they can release him if he still doesn't want to come back.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

theLSkid said:

Baseman said:

The scholarship is already wasted at this point in terms of the 2018 class. As I said, do not release him until you need that scholarship to add your last commit to the 2019 class. Then they can release him if he still doesn't want to come back.
    In the terms of the 2018 class, yes. Maybe we can find a try hard white guy to give the scholarship to, better look than 'UW makes kid with family issues stay even though he won't play' Peteraman has his hands tied
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Chinteresting this happens the day before camp.

Wonder who was working with dad over the summer for this to happen today.

whoever it is, Jude needs to find him and get the scoop! He could win a pultizer for it!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Chinteresting this happens the day before camp.

Wonder who was working with dad over the summer for this to happen today.

whoever it is, Jude needs to find him and get the scoop! He could win a pultizer for it!
    more like get bama in sanctions issues
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Its out of our hands. Im putting my faith in the big J.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    If he hasn’t been admitted to UW... the LOI is toilet paper. I’m hearing he needs a class to get into UW.

a. Admissions Requirement. This NLI shall be declared null and void if the institution named in this document notifies me in writing that I have been denied admission or, by the opening day of classes in fall 2018, has failed to provide me with written notice of admission, provided I have submitted a complete admission application. It is my obligation to provide, by request, my academic records and an application for admission to the signing institution. If I fail to submit the necessary academic credentials and/or application to determine an admission decision prior to September 1, the NLI office per its review with the institution will determine the status of the NLI.