Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's a blackeye for Buckeyes, IMO

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2018
    chinteresting but, did he participate in the beatings (he hasnt said 'no' so this door is still open) and/or did he act as authority figure over said beatings, photo evidence:

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If tOSU is smart, they suspend him without pay for a year. He goes on the mea culpa tour for a year, Pays a bunch of money and opens up a center for abused women. After a year, tOSU is happy with the way he has "grown" and brings him back.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't have a problem with colleges holding corches to higher standards re: the actions of their subordinates and players. Times change - especially when it comes to technology and the ability to cover up - and fatter paychecks mean DO BETTER. Plus, advantage us if all programs are forced to become church school teams.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583

dnc said:

tOSU is a perfect fan base to explore the wonderful paradox of trying to act like you give a shit about an abused woman and also being willing to set an orphanage on fire to keep your coach

Fuck those guys

everywhere.

There were a few gf beaters on the mid-90s Nebraska teams, the worst of which was Lawrence Phillips, who never could just stop punching and choking his lady friends. No real consequences from Dr. Tom.

And then there's our? own? Curtis Williams, who was known to throw a right hooks at the ladies. I will be drawn and quartered for this here by some posters who will, with a few tears flowing down their cheeks, say, "hey you don't talk about CW like that!" But there you have it. He was a wife beater.

And a pretty bright coach, who liked to play his guitar around a camp fire and place a few bets, loved him. "We love you buddy!"

It is, indeed, a paradox.

As for me, I have no sympathies for anyone who beats on someone who really can't fight back. Be a man and fight someone who can hurt you.

Whether people who knew and did nothing should be fired is a tuff one. Pedo State's entire history was effectively wiped out on that very basis. It's the difference between one bad dude and the entire organization going down.

Guarantee you that Meyer and his wife were not the only people in the Buckeye machine who knew about it.
    Domestic violence is awful shit but if we're ranking scandals it's hard to top child rape.
    For sure. My only point in that comparison was the "who goes down?" part. This is a repeat of that. Obviously Meyer wasn't beating the woman, but probably know Smiff was.

And, while I agree that child rape is worse, wife beating isn't that far behind. Especially if there are kids in the house to watch it.
    I'll play devil's advocate.

What if that triflin bitch was askin for it?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Jay Paterno just went on espn and implored Ohio State not to cave in to "mob mentalities". Classy dude.

Go Lions!!!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832

In defense of Urbs
  • Options

In defense of Urbs

wait I cant even figure out what the story is here. Was he banging this chick?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

In defense of Urbs

He put his Oscar Meyer weiner in that chick's momma
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832
    dnc said:

In defense of Urbs

He put his Oscar Meyer weiner in that chick's momma
    TWICE!

• Options
    I thought this thing was about domestic abuse by one of his assistant coaches.

I still don't see why people act all crazy when they find out a rich guy is banging hot chicks. It's surprising when guys who are successful are NOT.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,906
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018
    salemcoog said:

Give me a break. So He may have known or not known that a peon committed dv. So he has to be put on trial worse than the alleged dv suspect was?

Here’s the thing, I ambled down to the hipster bar downtown this evening and had a seat after a bike ride and convo came free and easy. And one of the dudes came up with a great exercise. He asked what is your most controversial viewpoint. And the hot blonde around 22 y/o of Age on summer break from UO, called out the metoo movement. No pics so FYFMFE .She said that she’s witnessed so many b/s allegations and @Feld it was due mostly to shame and immaturity and if someone can’t stand up for themselves in the work place, it’s on them and equal pay for equal work has been a thing for decades.

I stated that illegal immigration hurts immigrants that went through the process and have hurt our native lower wage earners.

There was a moment of silence but there was healthy debate about it and most agreed, mostly.

I have faith in our younger generation where the rubbers meet the road in real life. They aren’t all buying into the hysteria.

So you're telling me @salemcoog that if I give up on the Seattle rat race and get a lazy guvmint jerb (hi @creepycoug ) I'd still be able to find some kultur in Salem?