Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maninoa Tufono, 4* LB 2019, Punahou HS, HI (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just going to reiterate the things I don’t like about this situation:

1. Legacy getting led on then cold shouldered
    2. Hurt feelings of an important asset in both HI and poly pipeline (especially with a ‘family’ situation, again looking at the legacy aspect here)
    3. We can sit here and say we are waiting on bigger fish, but why haven’t they just closed these big fish already? Quit letting them run around and make them commit already (see Ngata)
    4. How can they say offers ‘mean something’ when they aren’t commitable just like all those ‘meaningless’ offers for shitbag schools that offers 300 kids?
    5. Our lb depth is not good enough to throw all our eggs in one basket, let them compete and figure it out on the field, who knows if one of these kids will end up washing out or getting injured?!
    6. StrongBallz disagrees with me so I must be right

I agree I don't like it if we are slow playing a legacy and an important Hawaiian relationship. That shit will come back to bight you in the future. Given that though, who the fuck knows if that's actually what's going on. I doubt Pete is speaking out of the side of his mouth to these kids and their parents. I'd guess that there are some honest conversations with some of our "lower on the board" targets about earning their spot or whatever.

Doog poast, doog poaster.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

2. Hurt feelings of an important asset in both HI and poly pipeline (especially with a ‘family’ situation, again looking at the legacy aspect here)
    3. We can sit here and say we are waiting on bigger fish, but why haven’t they just closed these big fish already? Quit letting them run around and make them commit already (see Ngata)
    4. How can they say offers ‘mean something’ when they aren’t commitable just like all those ‘meaningless’ offers for shitbag schools that offers 300 kids?
    5. Our lb depth is not good enough to throw all our eggs in one basket, let them compete and figure it out on the field, who knows if one of these kids will end up washing out or getting injured?!

1. Him being a legacy means absolutely fucking nothing. Nobody gets preferential treatment because of who their dad is (see Cale Millen).
    2. We're not throwing our eggs in one basket. We'll also be getting an official visit from Joshua Calvert.
    3. Our LB depth is pretty good. I've seen nothing to complain about when Wellington and Beavers have been on the field. They just need to stay healthy and will likely be the starters in 2019.
    4. This is what big boy recruiting looks like. Be glad that somebody with bigger balls than you is running the program and making tough recruiting decisions.
    5. Stop being a pussy.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

1. Him being a legacy means absolutely fucking nothing. Nobody gets preferential treatment because of who their dad is (see Cale Millen).
    2. We're not throwing our eggs in one basket. We'll also be getting an official visit from Joshua Calvert.
    3. Our LB depth is pretty good. I've seen nothing to complain about when Wellington and Beavers have been on the field. They just need to stay healthy and will likely be the starters in 2019.
    4. This is what big boy recruiting looks like. Be glad that somebody with bigger balls than you is running the program and making tough recruiting decisions.
    5. Stop being a pussy.
    I like Cale more than Dylan
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

5. Stop being a pussy.
    Who cares?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Having looked back and consulted a certain post some of you may remember we? only had one ILB target listed. That means unless we whiff on Heimuli, Tufono is probably SOL. Things change and maybe they take two or maybe they consider some of these targets OLB's but the big board says otherwise. I'll post more in the Wam for you insiders.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018
    <<del class="Delete"<i class="Italic">vblockquote class="Quote" rel="Thebourbinator">Just going to reiterate the things I don’t like about this situation:

1. Legacy getting led on then cold shouldered We have no idea what the staff's communication with psa is. They generally play above board and have been honest with psa for better or worse.
    2. Hurt feelings of an important asset in both HI and poly pipeline (especially with a ‘family’ situation, again looking at the legacy aspect here) Being honext with psa may stingvegos initially but are for the psa and programs best interest inbthevend
    3. We can sit here and say we are waiting on bigger fish, but why haven’t they just closed these big fish already? Quit letting them run around and make them commit already (see Ngata) Very few big fish sign early outside skill positions most wait till the end. See 2018
    4. How can they say offers ‘mean something’ when they aren’t commitable just like all those ‘meaningless’ offers for shitbag schools that offers 300 kids? i could be wrong but the offers are commitable when offered. If the psa wants to wait things change Ergo if they take it when offered it is committable. If they want to look aroound well things change.
    5. Our lb depth is not good enough to throw all our eggs in one basket, let them compete and figure it out on the field, who knows if one of these kids will end up washing out or getting injured?! Valid point but even though Gregory gets shit he has always produced
    6. StrongBallz disagrees with me so I must be right Obviously i am wrong.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If we don't get Heimuli I am killing everything. With fire.

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

5. Stop being a pussy.
    His name is Cale.

Nuff said.

#TeamDylan
    Which one is the werewolf and which one is the pasty vampire? Because that'll affect my decision.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I truly appreciate all the hard work you put into plagiarizing people's shit. Thank you sir.

I don’t pay no $10.95 for nuttin
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Squirt said:

From the UT site
    Like we reported last week, Texas has been surging in this recruitment, and we have reason to believe the Longhorns are now in the pole position. UT will host Tufono for an official visit this fall/winter and with a big season, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Longhorns close the deal. I’m told Todd Orlando and Jake Langi, who has strong Polynesian ties, have done a tremendous job recruiting Tufono and his family and that they have bought into the program.

Sounds like something Ektard would say. Unlike Ektard, at least this guy has the ballz to put in a CB and stand by his prediction.

LOL. Whenever these recruiting "insiders" say "I'm told" or "sources say," they're getting their info from the coaching staff. Otherwise, the article would include direct quotes from the recruit or his family. No recruit or family member insists on anonymity.

So basically Texas coaches Orlando and Langi are telling the UT recruiting site, "We're doing a tremendous job, our Poly ties are really paying off, and the PSA and his family are buying into the program, so we feel like we're in the pole position."

It's the same reason why the Doogman dudes were always telling their marks subscribers that Sark and Co. were killing it in recruiting and every PSA had a tremendous visit.
    — I put in my Crystal Ball based on what I heard on the Texas side of things. Again, there is confidence around the program. But it appears USC feels the same way.

This is what dialed in looks like.

(I mean @Squirt, not the Texas queers.)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Huh....late night Cristobal. Tufono to USC from Wiltfong. Texas247 "Insider" then posted this right after lol:

— Washington, which was considered his leader for most of the process isn't a factor.

— Steve obviously put in a Crystal Ball for USC tonight. We have not been able to confirm anything on that side of things, but there appears to be confidence around the USC program that Tufono is leaning that way. We have been told that USC is the only threat to Texas.

— From what we have been able to gather, there is also confidence around the Texas program that the Longhorns are in a great spot to land him. Todd Orlando and Jake Langi, who has strong Polynesian ties, have been working extremely hard in this recruitment. UT commit De'Gabriel Floyd is also close to Tufono.

— Tufono has not informed either staff of his decision, so this one appears to still be open. Texas is going to continue to throw everything at Tufono. However, this makes the decision to move up his timeline really interesting.

— I put in my Crystal Ball based on what I heard on the Texas side of things. Again, there is confidence around the program. But it appears USC feels the same way.

@GaryFromTeenMom and @DoogCourics should be the new mods of this bored
    I am thinking @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi finally just went insane after the Ngata commit and are both in intensive care somewhere.
    5150'd

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,061
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I truly appreciate all the hard work you put into plagiarizing people's shit. Thank you sir.

I don’t pay no $10.95 for nuttin
    He duz it fo da chins!