Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ASJ wins the MacKey Award

2»

Comments

• Options
    JuicyHawgCoogJuicyHawgCoog Member Posts: 122
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TTU tight end... 1300 yards receiving on 100 catches. 7 tds as a freshman. Da Fuq.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Passion said:

What is the Mackey award? Worst production to skill ratio?

Blame sark, not ASJ.
    are you saying Sark is to blame for sponsoring a party with alcohol(allegedly)? or for letting his star TE leave the party drunk to drive away with chicks in the car(allegedly)? or for something else?

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

TTU tight end... 1300 yards receiving on 100 catches. 7 tds as a freshman. Da Fuq.

I might be wrong but I think you have to be on the pre season watch list to win.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anybody else notice ASJ (1) hired a prominent Coug to defend his DUI charge and (2) was the first to take joyfully to the twatters when Sark resigned? I don't think ASJ's eventful offseason did much to boost his loyalty to the cooldudebrah.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Does Pablo Escobar still play for the Aztecs?
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Congrats to ASJ. This award must have been given 11 months ago, and they already engraved it before the DUI and the season. Must be the first time a best in nation award was given to a second team All PAC 12 player.

ASJ was overweight most of the season and out of shape in the early part. A few clutch catches, and a few key drops.

But he was a darn good blocker, I will give him that. He kept Price alive this year. Maybe the award is for that....
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Award was for last year, lifetime achievement, whichever the fuck.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Texas Tech's TE was without a doubt the best TE in the nation.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Still soft. A year with Petersen will do him good but he will leave.
  • Options

If ASJ stays, Petersen might be exactly what he needs for a personal transformation... If he's willing to undergo one.

Agree, he's NFL either way. The key is can he have a career or be a flash in the pan?

If he leaves now I'm afraid he'll have an NFL career like Jerammy Stevens where he is a wash out.

With Petersen, perhaps he can guide him to see the light. Become this kick ass TE that we all know he's capable of. Having him finally meet his potential so when he goes to the NFL he is actually ready.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Still soft. A year with Petersen IVAN! will do him good but he will leave.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

If ASJ stays, Petersen might be exactly what he needs for a personal transformation... If he's willing to undergo one.

Agree, he's NFL either way. The key is can he have a career or be a flash in the pan?

If he leaves now I'm afraid he'll have an NFL career like Jerammy Stevens where he is a wash out.

With Petersen, perhaps he can guide him to see the light. Become this kick ass TE that we all know he's capable of. Having him finally meet his potential so when he goes to the NFL he is actually ready.
    if he comes out this year I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. If #myseahawks draft him I might go ballistic