Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will we sign ten or more 4 star teen bois in 2019 or not?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Look, I'm mad as hell like everyone else here and want to give Cempsun, SC the full William Tecumseh Sherman (America's greatest general ever) treatment, BUT in the end I don't really care about Ngata as long as we sign 10 or more 4 star or better kids. Presently, we're at 4 or 5 (depending on the recruiting site) for the 2019 class.

Will we sign ten or more 4 star teen bois in 2019 or not? 49 votes

Ngata chance
46%
whlinderpat_hmMad_SonDeepSeaZlongduckdonggreenbloodAtomicDawgJECAR2001400exoregonblitzkriegtheknowledgebackthepackYellowSnowEl_KFireCohenNurplejhfstyle24RubberfistBleachedAnusDawgTheDawgFan1227 23 votes
Yes, most likely we will
53%
PostGameOrangeSliceswhuggyHoustonHuskydncExtraChrisBTequillabiak1DoogleshaieEsophagealFecespurpledoogfanjarlsbergraygunSourcesHuskyClawsNEsnake12Ice_HolmvikjuhsoonDawgsAllDay36Neighbor29722five3fouronthehop 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Ngata chance
    I don't think Pete will, but he doesn't need to. Pete gets way more out of his high level 3 stars than what most coaches get with 4 star players. Pete likes to go after kids that are hungry, and some of the three star kids feel disrespected and want to prove something.

Que: Petersen "stars" gif
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ngata chance
    According to this metric Dabo, that Wisco dude, and Pete, and the top 3 coaches in America for Talent Adjusted Coaching Impact and it's not even close. Just get me my 10 four stars and 10 stars with a high ceiling and I will be happy.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ngata chance
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Composite, no.

247, yes.

To wit, right now we have 4 composite 4 stars and 9 (!) composite 3 stars. Getting to 10 4 stars by composite is highly unlikely.

But by 247 we 7 4 stars and 6 3 stars. Not getting to 10 4 stars in 247 is highly unlikely, especially with Buelow basically in the bag and rumors Ah You will be making the jump to a 4 star (that's a hell of a leap from where he's at now).

My best guess is we end with 8 or 9 composite 4 stars and something like 12 or 13 247 4 stars.

This is going to be a very good but not great class (not as good as last year's).

IMO the 2020 and 2021 classes are going to define this program's future. If we are ever going to start getting elite talent those have to be the years.
    You must have taken a long walk along the Muddy Miss to gain some perspective, because this is a solid take.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yes, most likely we will

dnc said:

dnc said:

Composite, no.

247, yes.

To wit, right now we have 4 composite 4 stars and 9 (!) composite 3 stars. Getting to 10 4 stars by composite is highly unlikely.

But by 247 we 7 4 stars and 6 3 stars. Not getting to 10 4 stars in 247 is highly unlikely, especially with Buelow basically in the bag and rumors Ah You will be making the jump to a 4 star (that's a hell of a leap from where he's at now).

My best guess is we end with 8 or 9 composite 4 stars and something like 12 or 13 247 4 stars.

This is going to be a very good but not great class (not as good as last year's).

IMO the 2020 and 2021 classes are going to define this program's future. If we are ever going to start getting elite talent those have to be the years.
    You must have taken a long walk along the Muddy Miss to gain some perspective, because this is a solid take.
    If there's no grass play in the TBS mud!

huh?
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Ngata chance
    Apparently it’s doom and gloom from here on out. Time to move on to basketball I guess.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ngata chance
    Program is shutting down
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Yes, most likely we will

According to this metric Dabo, that Wisco dude, and Pete, and the top 3 coaches in America for Talent Adjusted Coaching Impact and it's not even close. Just get me my 10 four stars and 10 stars with a high ceiling and I will be happy.

Not surprising the coaches on that list ... look for Matt Campbell from Iowa St to make that list in the near future
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I’m slow and don’t think I am tracking how to interpret this chart. Using Ohio State as an example - average 24/7 ranking from 2014-2017 was #4 (I don’t know what the fuck a composite is in this context so I’ll just use that site’s ranking). But Ohio State is ranked #8 in this adjusted ranking. So does that mean Urban Meyer did less with more? Or does this mean he got #4 talent and was #8 best at maximizing that talent?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ngata chance
    We don’t want anyone.