Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cash Grab Update 8/30/18

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited August 2018 in Classics
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

5 Wigwams
0 Butler Cabins
3 Standards

720 bucks in the hopper for the year. We need at least 30 Wigwam level donations to keep the lights on. Does that shock you?

Did you know this place costs over 4 grand a year to pay all the costs? Did you know Derek and the BOD paid some portion of this out of pocket for the first 4 years? All of it the first year, most of it in year two and three, and a small chunk of it in year four. Did you know last year was the first year, in year five, that this place actually broke even? To be honest, it turned a small profit, about enough for one non-exceptional trip to the Acrop. Like 3 lap dances and a steak. No booze. No blow. No handie in the VIP room. This place takes over 4 grand a year to break even, and would take 5 grand a year in donations for several years for Derek to even get his money back. Years and years before Derek can get a proper night out with the BOD.

What's the point of this story? This fun ain't free so support it you goddamn cheap fucks. And if you ever want Derek to party until he almost dies you owe this to him. And since I will be his tour guide you owe me as well. Pics of his near death experience in the Wam. Give until it hurts.

Edit:

Decided to add a tote board to publicly recognize people for their generous donations to Derek's future boner and rehab efforts. Also to make other people feel like assholes for being cheap. I will try to keep this updated throughout the month long giving season. And since I am asking you to give, I should as well. So here.

Wigwam Level Supporters:

@Swaye
@GrundleStiltzkin
@PurpleBaze
@LoneStarDawg
@pawz
@Williams3
@UW_Doog_Bot
@UWerentThereMan
@Dude61
@DoubleJDawg
@Fenderbender123
@Sources
@Baseman
@troutfarm
@mobey
@RaceBannon
@AEB
@DHD
@biak1
@Domicillo
@minion_doog
@89ute
@Arc
@Rapeculturedawg
@HoustonHusky
@WeakarmCobra
@UWhuskytskeet
@DuckHHunterisafag
@LesGrossman
@Cougzz
@YellowSnow
@section8
@MammaJamma
@MikeDamone
@DoogCourics
@NCDaWg38
@BearsWiin
@PostGameOrangeSlices
@godawgst
@CSEDawg
@Southerndawg
@MisterEm
@TrumpsWall
@rodmansrage
@Doogles
@StlouisDawg
@EsophagealFeces
@Doog_de_Jour
@Jamaican_Cigar

Butler Cabin Level Supporters:

@IPukeOregonGrellow
@Gilbystaint
@DeepSeaZ
@dflea

Standard Supporters:

@koopdog
@dtd
@brianwwu29
@haie
@RDR
@LaZoris
@sMeLLThEGl0vE
@BennyBeaver
@dnc
@SpiritHorse
@NEnglanddawg
@Thebourbinator
@guatedawg
@whuggy
@USMChawk
@uzi
@El_K
@doogville
@louism2wash
@ToddTurnerLIVES
@whlinder

Thanks for your support. None of you listed above are fags. Everyone else is. Simple.

Edit 2:

Thanks to @UW_Doog_Bot we now have a visual representation of our fundraising goals.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    Founders Club

Timing was off. You should cash grab second week of the month right before a friday. Not end of the month before rent to the two dads is due. Gotta know your cheap ass audience.

I'll take this as tacit agreement that your check is in the mail.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    @DerekJohnson what was peak monthly page views in-season last year?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

November 2017 at 1.22 million.

For July 2018 (with one day to go), we are at 1.059 million.

Busiest month ever was January 2018 at 1.9 million.
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018

I didn't know Swaye was going to write something this detailed in terms of costs, but I greatly appreciate his take-no-prisoners dedication to the site. And I've often been extremely transparent in the past anyway.

So... A couple minor corrections to what Swaye said... Without the front page this year, that should translate into less IT costs and therefore cut down on the overall cost a bit compared to previous years.

I have not asked the BOD for funding since 2014. In the summer of 2017, I did fund June and July out of my pocket. In 2016, Damone and VADawg donated some out of the blue, which was helpful. And we used to get $100 a month from the Taki Tiki until Tommy got thrown out the night I wasn't there (and soon after they discontinued their sponsorship).

But other than that, the site has existed solely on donations since 2014. Our posters have been dedicated and generous.

I've been told by people whose expertise I trust that if the site can grow to 5 million page views a month, then advertisers suddenly won't be so wary of all our profanity and disturbing gifs. But right now at 1-2 million per month, we are in a type of no-man's land (since we cannot use Google and other traditional advertisers).

So we're striving to grow the site to that level and then I'll get Arizona serious again about finding sponsorship. I am also thinking about bringing back a front page for the 2019 season. I am feeling more and more rejuvenated.

But first things first... I've got to finish my book before I can devote time and energy to a front page or anything else.

Appreciate the corrections to timelines. I do a lot of drugs.

But, I thought it was time that everyone understood the cost structure a bit. Before you and I dove into it a few years ago I figured this place was like $500 bucks a year. I am mostly stupid and know jack shit about internet service and hosting costs. So yeah, roughly 4 grand a year, and a little less this year because no front page. Still a shitload of money, and way more than I bet most here expected. So give! We? need it.
    Founders Club

If we get Sven back that's half a million a month right there. You get more_cock back and we ding 5 million that month.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

If we get Sven back that's half a million a month right there. You get more_cock back and we ding 5 million that month.
    HaHa, well the advertisers will ultimately want to know how many unique sets of eyeballs are on the site.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jeezus fellas, takes some of us a few days to round up some unmarked bills to drop in the mail.
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018

Swaye said:

HaHa, well the advertisers will ultimately want to know how many unique sets of eyeballs are on the site.
    I feel certain Sven is using an IP randomizer and pinging from all over Eastern Europe and Russia with what looks like about 20,000 unique users. Advertisers might wonder why a Husky Fan bored has so much support in Romania. Let's get Sven to switch his server bot network to China, and then this is much easier to explain with Larry Scott's new already failed business model.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018
    Best FREE PUB, BITCHES in some time.

Founders Club

Jeezus fellas, takes some of us a few days to round up some unmarked bills to drop in the mail.

You will go on the "not a fag" tote bored soon enough my yella friend. Just not until you send your money. For now you have to be a fag.