Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's Ngata over for Joe!!!

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Some of you need to dial it back. Seriously. It’s July.

UW will continue recruiting Ngata. There is a LONG way to go. A lot going on behind the scenes. Trust me on this.

Ngata’s father didn’t make the trip. Heard he doesn’t like long flights. Sure, Ngata commited. Yes, Clemson is a top-5 program.

It’s a Long way to the east coast. This a tight family. Dad doesn’t like airplanes, especially long flights that aren’t non-stop. Don’t underestimate big brother, Arial’s influence here.

Also, and this needs to stay HERE, Swinney has pissed a lot of coaches off with his tactics. Lots of red flags and smoke about how they get players. Hearing the NCAA has gotten wind of this. Only a matter of time before the media does too. Once mom, hears what’s out there on Swinney, she’s not going to like it. At all

DDY and Coker will have a POD up soon and explain more. Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes. They’ll share what they can.

Reminder: What’s said on the POD, stays on the POD. No exceptions. If we catch someone putting it out on the boards or tweeting it out—we know who you are ;) — you’re gone. No exceptions. This means you too, Fleens ;)

lol
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of you can't handle the ups and downs. Go for a walk or Gate.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Is this the most joy you get out of life? Trolling UW fans on a UW board after UW has slaughtered Oregon the past two seasons? Did any of us give a fuck when Talanoa Hufunga committed to USC? Little brother so insecure now he can't wait to take a jab at big brother every chance he gets.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I may be in the minority here, but I'm Ngatas worried about not signing this kid simply because the WR position is not as valuable as the OL/DL and QB positions. Look at what winning rosters focus most on and it ain't WR. Clempson isn't beating Bama for the championship without the beastly D-line they had and Watson at QB. The WR who caught the winning TD was a try-hard, white slot receiver.

That being said, it's still a fuck up to not pick Ngata in when UW was the favorite in the not-too-distant past.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Missing on Ngata in 2019 doesn't matter if we get Ngata in 2020.
  • Options

Had to check my browser because I honestly thought I was on Doogman

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2018

I may be in the minority here, but I'm Ngatas worried about not signing this kid simply because the WR position is not as valuable as the OL/DL and QB positions. Look at what winning rosters focus most on and it ain't WR. Clempson isn't beating Bama for the championship without the beastly D-line they had and Watson at QB. The WR who caught the winning TD was a try-hard, white slot receiver.

That being said, it's still a fuck up to not pick Ngata in when UW was the favorite in the not-too-distant past.

Their wrs were winning 50/50 balls that whole second half vs Bama fwiw and our wrs do not look like that.

I do kInd of agree with you in that not bother me as much in that wr is one of the easiest positions to get high level talent at. But this was set up for success and the staff failed.

• Options

Their wrs were winning 50/50 balls that whole second half vs Bama fwiw and our wrs do not look like that.

I do kInd of agree with you in that not bother me as much in that wr is one of the easiest positions to get high level talent at. But this was set up for success and the staff failed.

I think WR (and the passing game in general) is underrated on this bored. You need stud receivers.

That said our WR class was full without Ngata and we have six stud underclass receivers already plus a good not great one coming in. Losing Ngata hurts because he's great. I can't think of a position it would hurt less at save maybe QB.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

It’s beyond the single recruit and single position. It’s an indication of what our coach is capable of. What his ceiling is. This is a massive signal of what the program will be capable of.

Before Ngata to Clemson, if you asked me “Will Petersen ever win a CFB playoff game at UW” my answer would have been yes.

After this, I don’t think he will.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I don’t know about you guys, but I trust the coaches
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

With no WRs set to graduate after 2018 and then bringing in Davis next year, barring any couch sales the 2019 roster will have 12 scholarship WRs. I'm pretty sure that's the most we've carried during the CP era and that's creeping into Slick Rick/Sark territory.

2019 Srs
    Baccellia
    Fuller
    McClatcher
    Pounds

2019 Jrs
    Chincredible
    Jones

2019 Sophs
    Bynum
    Cook
    Lowe
    Osborne
    Spiker

2019 Frosh
    Davis

We will graduate all our midget WRs after next year and then hopefully bring in a monster WR class. Of course still want Ngata but crying over passing on Delgado and Pittman is unnecessary.

Would not shock me if 2 of the 4 2019 Sr's left after this year as I expect the Opera Singer and Pounds to largely get passed on the depth chart …

If Jones is as good as people think he could be he could leave after 2019 …

There's no guarantee who in the 2019 Soph region will be contributors … I'm not 100% convinced that Lowe doesn't get moved to RB at some point

2020 recruiting looks fucktastic at the moment

So, in other words, you could be looking at the 2020 and 2021 season as being very, very thin

Most of you aren't very good at the projection game.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He’s gone. Get over it