Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 3: The Notorious B.I.G. (2) vs Ol' Dirty Bastard (15)

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
The eastern half of rap's greatest rivalry, Christopher Wallace aka Biggie aka Biggie Smalls aka Big Poppa aka The Notorious B.I.G. was only 24 when a shooter in Los Angeles took his life. Like with his lyrical enemy Tupac, his killer was never identified. Life Pac, Poppa went out at the absolute top of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phaJXp_zMYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEiPXAYE-U

Ol' Dirty Bastard aka Big Baby Jesus, aka Dirt McGirt, aka ODB aka Ol' Dirty Chinese Restaurant was a founding member of the Wu Tang Clan. Another who spent too much time in prison then died too yung, Dirty consequently only released two albums on his own, though he was featured on collaboration after collaboration (including famous appearances on radio megahits Fantasy and Ghetto Superstar).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxP9g3uVpm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zgB93KANE

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 3: The Notorious B.I.G. (2) vs Ol' Dirty Bastard (15) 29 votes

2. The Notorious B.I.G.
58%
whlinderThomasFremontRoadDawg55Mad_SonPurpleJGladstone2001400exBad_MotherDuckerIPukeOregonGrellowDoog_de_JourNEsnake12YellowSnowEl_Kjhfstyle24BleachedAnusDawgRDRBlastDoor 17 votes
15. Ol' Dirty Bastard
41%
SwayeDeepSeaZgreenbloodYouKnowItdncoregonblitzkriegbiak1GrundleStiltzkinPitchfork51BaldwinIVUW_Doog_BotHorrifyinglyAlluring 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard
    Fuck Biggie. Anybody who spent that much time with Puff Daddy's sugar ass can't be that gangsta.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard
    I fucking love the song ghetto superstar.

It was one of the songs I always played in the car when I picked girls up in high school

I remember taping it off the radio when I was like 7
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    dnc said:

Fuck Biggie. Anybody who spent that much time with Puff Daddy's sugar ass can't be that gangsta.

Pull yer head of yer arse. Biggie had one of the best rap crooner voices of all tim.
  • Options
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard

dnc said:

Pull yer head of yer arse. Biggie had one of the best rap crooner voices of all tim.
    I'm well aware. He's a two seed for a reason.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Snoop, of course, is the smoothest rap crooner of all tim.
  • Options
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard

dnc said:

dnc said:

Snoop, of course, is the smoothest rap crooner of all tim.

• Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    Biggie is pretty overrated. Outside of Big Poppa (one of the greatest rap songs, true), Long Kiss Goodnight, Going Back to Cali and maybe Kick in the Door, his career is average and I can't get the news that Faith Evans used to eat his ass out of my mind. But while I love Wu-Tang, ODB shit never resonated with me. He was the worst of the big names in the group.
  • Options
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard
    BlastDoor said:

Biggie is pretty overrated. Outside of Big Poppa (one of the greatest rap songs, true), Long Kiss Goodnight, Going Back to Cali and maybe Kick in the Door, his career is average and I can't get the news that Faith Evans used to eat his ass out of my mind. But while I love Wu-Tang, ODB shit never resonated with me. He was the worst of the big names in the group.

The loose cannon/crazy rap schtick never connected with me either. I always hated Busta Rhymes. I didn't hate ODB but I'd take Method Man, Ghostface, GZA, the RZA or Raekwon over him rather easily.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

The loose cannon/crazy rap schtick never connected with me either. I always hated Busta Rhymes. I didn't hate ODB but I'd take Method Man, Ghostface, GZA, the RZA or Raekwon over him rather easily.
    Honestly, I would take even Inspectah Deck underrated albums over him. ODB has some good songs, but I find that listening to him gets really tiresome after the first song.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    I'm glad Biggie and Pac won't coast to the final like they would in most of these tournaments. That said, this shit is a joke if ODB wins. And I like ODB.
  • Options
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard

I'm glad Biggie and Pac won't coast to the final like they would in most of these tournaments. That said, this shit is a joke if ODB wins. And I like ODB.

He's not going to win
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard
    I can't get over how fucking lame a "rap rivalry" is
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard
    That fat ass is easily one of the most overrated artists of all time.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    ODB is fucking awful.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

Liquid Swords > *
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    I struggle with biggie because he's an awful rapper but has some great songs.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2. The Notorious B.I.G.
    The Biggie hate is weird.
  • Options
    15. Ol' Dirty Bastard
    BIG takes ODB in this battle from beyond the grave, 17-10.