Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pastry Football

While some fret and fidget obout the diamonds and rust of changing head football coaches, I'll be focused on what if any changes UW's athletic director will be making in his criteria for OOC scheduling. While Chris Petersen and his bosses at BSU struggled to find bigtime FBS opponents to play for enhancing their BCS ranking in the polls or on the computers, they to my knowledge never once wasted their time and resources on FCS Division-1AA donut holes even though there were always plenty available from the nearby Big Sky neighborhood. Hell, they even dropped scheduling the state of Idaho's version of WSU sodbuster football, the U of I's vandalosers.

For the most part, Petersen as Bronco head coach had plenty of cupcakes to gorge on in the Mountain West/WAC conferences to drag his program down, often inducing Broncomania with min-season melancholy seizures and for self-serving reasons, he was adverse to adding OOC donut-holes such as Eastern Washington, Portland State, or even instate ex-rival Idaho State. As a Tyee season ticket buyer now paying an average of $136 per seat per game regardless of the quality of opponent, I'm going to be more than a little interested in whether or not Petersen will have enough influence and ambition to challenge his new UW football program to take-on a donut-hole free and lesser cupcake loaded OOC schedule.

There are rumblings about how the new FBS playoff selection process may or will take a dim view of the current practice of NT contenders padding their season records with OOC scheduling of FCS weaklings and scrimmage bait. Coach Petersen will have to de-gut himself if he is to follow pool boy down the yellow brick road to OOC softness known to all real west coast football fanatics as the Oregon Way. UW's new coach has never been afraid of playing the big boys of elite college football when they could be sucked into playing little ol' Boise State, and he now has the venue and resources at UW to attract a more prestigious class of victim.

AD Woodward has this past week received much praise for getting-it enough to hire the best new Husky head football coach available. Taken together with the significant renovation and improvement of Husky Stadium, I suppose this praise for pool boy may be warranted. However, I'm looking for more substance now in the way of not only the expected improvement in the football team and how they perform under a real coach, but just as importantly, I'l looking for better and more challenging OOC scheduling like we always expected each season way back when Husky Football was as good or better than any. UW can't get there again unless the Huskies play like they deserve it and that IMO can't happen until the program gets back to giving us the thrills we pay for. Am I mercenary? You fucking-A, I am!

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    sheesh...I'll get to this later..
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Thanks for a post that's more than a snarkey one-liner that's nothing but a BS insider joke.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Born to TL,DR, Tailgater was.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Don't know why I can't shut the fuck up, but fuck you anyway. Born to fuck-a-duck you are.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

Don't know why I can't shut the fuck up, but fuck you anyway. Born to fuck-a-duck you are.

Do you mean, born to Quack like a Duck?

• Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Tailgater said:

While some fret and fidget obout the diamonds and rust of changing head football coaches, I'll be focused on what if any changes UW's athletic director will be making in his criteria for OOC scheduling. While Chris Petersen and his bosses at BSU struggled to find bigtime FBS opponents to play for enhancing their BCS ranking in the polls or on the computers, they to my knowledge never once wasted their time and resources on FCS Division-1AA donut holes even though there were always plenty available from the nearby Big Sky neighborhood. Hell, they even dropped scheduling the state of Idaho's version of WSU sodbuster football, the U of I's vandalosers.

For the most part, Petersen as Bronco head coach had plenty of cupcakes to gorge on in the Mountain West/WAC conferences to drag his program down, often inducing Broncomania with min-season melancholy seizures and for self-serving reasons, he was adverse to adding OOC donut-holes such as Eastern Washington, Portland State, or even instate ex-rival Idaho State. As a Tyee season ticket buyer now paying an average of $136 per seat per game regardless of the quality of opponent, I'm going to be more than a little interested in whether or not Petersen will have enough influence and ambition to challenge his new UW football program to take-on a donut-hole free and lesser cupcake loaded OOC schedule.

There are rumblings about how the new FBS playoff selection process may or will take a dim view of the current practice of NT contenders padding their season records with OOC scheduling of FCS weaklings and scrimmage bait. Coach Petersen will have to de-gut himself if he is to follow pool boy down the yellow brick road to OOC softness known to all real west coast football fanatics as the Oregon Way. UW's new coach has never been afraid of playing the big boys of elite college football when they could be sucked into playing little ol' Boise State, and he now has the venue and resources at UW to attract a more prestigious class of victim.

AD Woodward has this past week received much praise for getting-it enough to hire the best new Husky head football coach available. Taken together with the significant renovation and improvement of Husky Stadium, I suppose this praise for pool boy may be warranted. However, I'm looking for more substance now in the way of not only the expected improvement in the football team and how they perform under a real coach, but just as importantly, I'l looking for better and more challenging OOC scheduling like we always expected each season way back when Husky Football was as good or better than any. UW can't get there again unless the Huskies play like they deserve it and that IMO can't happen until the program gets back to giving us the thrills we pay for. Am I mercenary? You fucking-A, I am!

Learn. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4php_B1LQiM

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Im sure Petersen will consult with Barbie Hedges on that, at least those THAT HAVENT ALREADY BEEN SCHEDULED DUMBASS
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We seemed to have discovered a concrete issue in which to anchor doogs insitu....... OOC scheduling the Oregon Way.