Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 1: Bone Thugs N Harmony (5) vs Mobb Deep (12)

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
After Pac, yung DNCzy bumped more Bone (NTAAWT!) than anybody else. Still the only rappers worth a damn to ever come out of Cleveland, Bizzy, Wish, Layzie, Crazie and Flesh-N each had a distinct style that made them instantly recognizable. Once called "the most melodic hip-hop group of all time", Bone was absolutely the shit.

Also immortalized in the Chris Rock line "N*ggaz are singing welfare carols!" #FirstOfDaMonth

I miss my Uncle Charles ya'll.

Legends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tzSjtuMGOQ

Mobb Deep is our first 90's entry from New York to hit the poles but they certainly won't be the last. This duo made up of Havoc and Prodigy collaborated with Capone-N-Noreaga on "LA-LA", the less successful answer to Dogg Pound's "New York, New York", together launching the East Coast-West Coast beef that Pac and Biggie would leverage to take rap to never before seen heights in the public consciousness. Pac especially hated Mobb Deep, dissing them multiple times and famously saying "Don't one of you niggas got sickle-cell or somethin?" Yung DNC did not know what sickle cell was before that, so Prodigy (RIP) was the first sufferer of sickle cell I was ever aware of.

Ain't no such thing as halfway crooks bitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYZf-lBF_U

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 1: Bone Thugs N Harmony (5) vs Mobb Deep (12) 26 votes

5. Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony
65%
whlinderThomasFremontRoadDawg55DeepSeaZgreenbloodPurpleJYouKnowItGladstonednc2001400exoregonblitzkriegbiak1Doog_de_Jourjhfstyle24BleachedAnusDawgDeepDawgRDR 17 votes
12. Mobb Deep
34%
SwayeMad_SonGrundleStiltzkinrodmansragehuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowbackthepackEl_KBlastDoor 9 votes

Comments