Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

End of One-and-Done Rule Could Lead to Expansion

SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
Chinteresting thought:

Adam Silver is openly leaning towards the NBA eliminating the one-and-done rule. The next step? Meeting with the Players Association. If that's the case, expansion by 2 teams is going to be a heavily favored bargaining chip, as it protects vet jobs from the influx of young talent https://t.co/9mHrpsrmQw

— Andrew Klump (@AndrewJKlump) July 11, 2018

Yes, I got this tweet from Kim's twitter page. Come at me.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Supersoonic til I die bitches!!!
  • Options
    Seattle and Mexico City are going to get the next teams, IMO. This will move New Orleans and somebody else to the East. Minnesota maybe?
  • Options

If a vet needs protection from an 18 year old he should be cut anyway

True, but the realpolitick of the issue will mean the NBA will have to cut a deal with the NBAPA.

We really don't need two more teams with no shot of ever winning a title

Couldn't agree more. But fuck it, unless the NBA orchestrates a move of the Sonics back from OKC, I want an expansion team in Seattle and don't care whether it's good or not for the broader NBA or other NBA fans.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Seattle and Mexico City are going to get the next teams, IMO. This will move New Orleans and somebody else to the East. Minnesota maybe?

Jk they’ll only need the move one team to the east
  • Options

If a vet needs protection from an 18 year old he should be cut anyway

We really don't need two more teams with no shot of ever winning a title

Just realized that you also might have meant that an expansion Sonics team would have no shot.

I'm the same guy who thought the NBA would give the Sonics a fair shot at winning Game 7 of the 1993 Western Conference Finals, so I don't mind being a delusional NBA fan.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Expansion is a horrible idea. The league is so watered down as it is. There should only be 24 teams. Sacramento, Charlotte, Orlando,Brooklyn, Minnesota and the Clippers should all be relegated to D league teams.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Expansion is a horrible idea. The league is so watered down as it is. There should only be 24 teams. Sacramento, Charlotte, Orlando,Brooklyn, Minnesota and the Clippers should all be relegated to D league teams.

Agree on it being watered down, but disagree on teams. Disband New Orleans, OKC, Sacramento, Minnesota, Atlanta, Memphis, Charlotte. Shit cities (NO excepted) who will never compete for a title.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,774

salemcoog said:

Agree on it being watered down, but disagree on teams. Disband New Orleans, OKC, Sacramento, Minnesota, Atlanta, Memphis, Charlotte. Shit cities (NO excepted) who will never compete for a title.
    Memphis is a kick ass town. Love that place. They'll never win an NBA title but it is an awesome city.

Merge Atlanta/Charlotte and move it to Nashville. Merge Minnesota/Sacramento and send the team to Seattle.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This entire thread is hurtful.