Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

An Oral History of How Utah Joined the Pac-12

2»

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mormons are the last thing the conference needed.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

As much as I make fun of my Utard homeland, they were always the logical choice if you had to take a team from the WAC/MWC. Furthermore, Utah prolly has a higher ceiling than, at least, 2 or 3 schools in the old PAC. Those Mormons struck football gold when they went out into the Pacific to spread the word of a false prophet.

Just wait until they get more 27 y/o missionaries in there.
    Kreist People. Utah isn’t even the WSU of the South and they can’t even beat them. A shit program in a shit division of a shit conference.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

salemcoog said:

As much as I make fun of my Utard homeland, they were always the logical choice if you had to take a team from the WAC/MWC. Furthermore, Utah prolly has a higher ceiling than, at least, 2 or 3 schools in the old PAC. Those Mormons struck football gold when they went out into the Pacific to spread the word of a false prophet.

You're fucked in the head if you think a winner can be built with returned missionaries. For every good one I can show you a bench full of broken down couldn't cut its. Missions kill football careers.
    Don’t they have more time to physical mature?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,659
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

salemcoog said:

You're fucked in the head if you think a winner can be built with returned missionaries. For every good one I can show you a bench full of broken down couldn't cut its. Missions kill football careers.
    Getting married, fucking like rabbits and doing anal until the sun comes up hurts too.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

89ute said:

salemcoog said:

Don’t they have more time to physical mature?
    If they go to like Guatamala I don’t really think they have the means to lift and train.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

salemcoog said:

Don’t they have more time to physical mature atrophy?
    2 years of no working out and shit diet. They come back, try to get back what they lost plus gain what their counterparts have gained. Injury is inevitable and it's constant. I'll give you one example, Chase Hansen. He's yet to make it through a season without missing games from multiple injuries, this year, his senior year, will probably be no different.

Same with basketball.

Only one exception come to mind and that's Paul Kruger. The list of successful return missionary athletes is might short.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

2 years of no working out and shit diet. They come back, try to get back what they lost plus gain what their counterparts have gained. Injury is inevitable and it's constant. I'll give you one example, Chase Hansen. He's yet to make it through a season without missing games from multiple injuries, this year, his senior year, will probably be no different.

ben olson is another dude that comes to mind, went on a mission and broke/tore everything when he came back.
    89ute said:

89ute said:

salemcoog said:

Same with basketball.

Only one exception come to mind and that's Paul Kruger. The list of successful return missionary athletes is might short.
    I think it’s sad that the Mormon faith doesn’t allow a missionary to touch weights and makes them eat McDonalds everyday.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

salemcoog said:

Same with basketball.

I think it’s sad that the Mormon faith doesn’t allow a missionary to touch weights and makes them eat McDonalds everyday.
    The slave labor package often doesn't include a S&C or a nutrition program sadly.