Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    A little over a year ago during my last year at UW, I took a sports nutrition class and got to listen to the lead nutritionist for UW football give a presentation.

She said that the athletic nutrition department as a whole goes through like 60-70 *gallons* of chocolate milk per week
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You could eat chicken, steak, beef, eggs, whey, carbs etc after a workout to recover too. This whole chocolate milk bullshit is fucking gay.

Disagree.

I cant wait for UW players to douse Coach Pete in chocolate milk to celebrate our first CFB playoff championship!
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I fucking love chocolate milk. But I don't think drinking a bunch of saturated fat and sugar is all that good for you?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You could eat chicken, steak, beef, eggs, whey, carbs etc after a workout to recover too. This whole chocolate milk bullshit is fucking gay.

"Any food that provides carbohydrate, protein, fluid and electrolytes and is well-tolerated will help promote recovery,"

The poont is that chocolate milk is a decent balance of these, doesn't require a lot of "engineering", and is cheap.

Aka you don't need to buy Gatorade's $5/bottle "recovery" drink.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I fucking love chocolate milk. But I don't think drinking a bunch of saturated fat and sugar is all that good for you?

The sugars are one of the main reasons that chocolate milk is really good for recovery...

Sugars are some of the fastest digesting forms of carbs you can get, so it helps muscles recover quicker. Lots of fruits like bananas (and yes, PGOS) also have a lot of fast digesting sugars, which is why they’re so popular post workout
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Well most post workout shakes (the ones that aren't just protein) are a combo of protein and simple carbs.

• SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

"Any food that provides carbohydrate, protein, fluid and electrolytes and is well-tolerated will help promote recovery,"

The poont is that chocolate milk is a decent balance of these, doesn't require a lot of "engineering", and is cheap.

Aka you don't need to buy Gatorade's $5/bottle "recovery" drink.
    You mean you don't drink a recovery shake of Gatorade blended with filet mignon? You sound poor.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Chocolate Milk has about as much protein as a fucking good sized cookie. If your hooping it up for an hour sure but if you are doing something more intense then you better be complimenting it with something.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Chocolate Milk has about as much protein as a fucking good sized cookie. If your hooping it up for an hour sure but if you are doing something more intense then you better be complimenting it with something.

If it's good enough for the UW Athletic Department, it's good enough for me. I trust the coaches.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dannarc said:

Real Doogs drink bleach......

This.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

Real Doogs drink bleach......

@PurpleJ, true?!
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379