Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Enjoy Petersen

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Because there were a lot of big time coaches available at the time? Enjoy Petersen. He's so good no else is even trying to steal him. I'd rather roll the dice with Cristobal for a year or two than take Pete, make the playoffs once, get our asses totally kicked, then peter out for 4 or 5 years before getting fired.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Quook Quook Quook Quook it up
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

OBK gonna OBK

Really? That seemed like highest levels in a football state shit.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pete is an excellent regional coach. One of the best. But he's too damn stubborn to compete on the national stage. Not taking the initiative and firing Smiff? Starting Jake Browning in 2018? If I were the AD of a lower tier program (think WSU or ASU), or any number of division II/III programs, I would be happy to have him, no question. He just simply isn't duck material, that's all.
    TTJ said:

I know, right? I'd be butthurt too.

You didn't want to go there.....

What happens when UW goes to the Fiesta Bowel for a big game:

What happens when UO goes to the Fiesta Bowel for a big game:

dnc said:

Pete is an excellent regional coach. One of the best. But he's too damn stubborn to compete on the national stage. Not taking the initiative and firing Smiff? Starting Jake Browning in 2018? If I were the AD of a lower tier program (think WSU or ASU), or any number of division II/III programs, I would be happy to have him, no question. He just simply isn't duck material, that's all.

He'd be the best straight coach Oregon has ever had rather easily.
    We don't hire straight coaches.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    dnc said:

He'd be the best straight coach Oregon has ever had rather easily.
    This is incorrect. Bellotti was a better coach before his wife went heavy on the sauce. He was tremendous then lost the fire and drug out seven years of half-in/half-out coaching.

You'd have to be fucking retarded to say Mario is a better coach than Pete today. Pete is a very good coach, not a great one. There are only usually two or three great coaches in college football at any one time and none of them are sticking around at any Pac-12 not named SC once they start being great.

TTJ said:

Big gayme? K State?
    This could have easily been the natty game if the cards were dealt right that year.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TTJ said:

Big gayme? K State?
    This could have easily been the natty game if the cards were dealt right that year.
    And you yucks talk about the pac 12 being down now.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

TTJ said:

Big gayme? K State?
    Quite honestly Mitch, I don’t deal in hypotheticals
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Watching you guys transform into the fags that our fans were 8 years ago has truly been a blessing.
    Sad part we remained fags too
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

Two blatant blocks in the back on that return. Right in front of referees
    Pole most quooks and they'd agree, we? don't want Petersen. We never did. We still don't. We hired Helfrich over Pete. Let that sink in. The clown from Coos Bay went most of the distance. He got there, Pete didn't. Oops.

Ouch?

Nike U specializes in being elite. That's why you'll find us in Final Fours, in playoff games, in natty games. When we're not doing chit like that, we're bringing home the hardware at track n field championships and grooming Olympic athletes. Wherever world class athletes gather to compete, you will find duck competitors that exceed and excel. Please try to understand, we respect Pete and think he's a really good coach. But Mosster is right, he's not a great one, and that disqualifies him from corching at UO. Oregon is seeking championships after all, not PAC 12 titles.