Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hunting Hitler -- a question that is bothering me

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
A few weeks ago I finished watching the final season of Hunting Hitler. Nazi colonies in South America that were going strong well into the 1970s (and the communities still exist today numbering tens of thousands of Germans in South America). I feel like Hitler probably did live out his years down there, possibly into the 1960s.

So even within my lifetime, the Fourth Reich was truly a goal that the Nazis were still building toward. They were perpetrating horrific experiments on South American children, even into the 1970s.

But what brought it to a stop? The show never addresses the question. Something stopped that Nazi momentum in the 1970s. What happened?

(Here comes Hondo to credit Jimmy Carter.)

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

I never have thought Hitler survived but if he did I liked the image of him chained up in your basement, Stalin

Did the show convince you he ended up in SA?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Hitler is literally everywhere. Go outside Derek
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

I never have thought Hitler survived but if he did I liked the image of him chained up in your basement, Stalin

Yes, too many of the Nazi higher-ups died in South America. The things they built and organized down there were too involved to be done by just a few random fleeing Nazis. There was maniacal leadership driving what was going on in SA through the 1950s and 1960s.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

You might like this book Derek.

Spoiler alert, Stalin(!) catches Hitler and keeps him in a little monkey cage below the Kremlin for years.

That's the book I was thinking of

I used to read books. Paper things with words and stuff
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Hitler either died in a bunker in 1945 or from syphilis soon after escaping. No way he lived into the 1960s.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

A few weeks ago I finished watching the final season of Hunting Hitler. Nazi colonies in South America that were going strong well into the 1970s (and the communities still exist today numbering tens of thousands of Germans in South America). I feel like Hitler probably did live out his years down there, possibly into the 1960s.

So even within my lifetime, the Fourth Reich was truly a goal that the Nazis were still building toward. They were perpetrating horrific experiments on South American children, even into the 1970s.

But what brought it to a stop? The show never addresses the question. Something stopped that Nazi momentum in the 1970s. What happened?

I don't have a dog in the fight. But I do appreciate the free pub.
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

I couldn't resist.
    Founders Club

Hitler either died in a bunker in 1945 or from syphilis soon after escaping. No way he lived into the 1960s.

well it sounds like you've got it all figured out.
    Founders Club

Ouff... the guy on the bottom looks like Emmert.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

I couldn't resist.
    I lagged. Like the double meaning with "resist" too.
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
    Swaye's Wigwam

It is alleged that Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun lived here from 1945 until 1955 when Juan Perón was overthrown. Thousands who escaped the crumbled 3rd Reich had lived in Argentina under the umbrella of protection that Martin Bormann bought from the Perón Government. With the fall of the Peron government many left Argentina for more remote places like Bolivia and Paraguay while some went deeper into even more remote parts of Argentina.

The FBI has made it clear in several reports they were aware Adolf Hitler had survived and made it to Argentina.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dude61 said:

It is alleged that Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun lived here from 1945 until 1955 when Juan Perón was overthrown. Thousands who escaped the crumbled 3rd Reich had lived in Argentina under the umbrella of protection that Martin Bormann bought from the Perón Government. With the fall of the Peron government many left Argentina for more remote places like Bolivia and Paraguay while some went deeper into even more remote parts of Argentina.

The FBI has made it clear in several reports they were aware Adolf Hitler had survived and made it to Argentina.

and we all believe everything the FBofI says
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Yes, too many of the Nazi higher-ups died in South America. The things they built and organized down there were too involved to be done by just a few random fleeing Nazis. There was maniacal leadership driving what was going on in SA through the 1950s and 1960s.
    Hitler wasn't the only maniac in German leadership during the Nazi era, and a fuck ton of those assholes did escape. Not saying he didn't survive, but I'm highly skeptical.

FWIW - https://www.history.com/news/hitler-death-cause-teeth-analysis
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2018
    LebamDawg said:

Dude61 said:

and we all believe everything the FBofI says
    Dude61 is a big time FBI guy.