Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

This kid is a MIK in 2 years. I swear he might be a Luke Kueckly game changer in the middle. Fuck me!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. This is white Feeney. Now we just need to find white Littleton. 2020 wil be special.
    We have specifically said no racist shit on these boreds
    U gnu hear?
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Bread said:

This kid is a MIK in 2 years. I swear he might be a Luke Kueckly game changer in the middle. Fuck me!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. This is white Feeney. Now we just need to find white Littleton. 2020 wil be special.
    Don't call him white Feeney. First of all he's half Poly, not white. Second of all, Feeney was a 7th round pick. We have higher hopes for this kid than that.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye said:

Woof said:

Still on vacation but returning soon...

Wanted to check out his testing because I like his film the more I watch it, but was curious about his speed. Seems very quick in space but not necessarily a straight line speed guy. From the 2017 Opening in LA, when he was a rising Junior:

6'3.5" and 190 lbs (he big)
    4.87 40 - decent enough speed and he'll get faster (5* Jaiden Woodbey ran a 4.85 at the same camp)
    4.26 short shuttle - this is a good time, and again he'll get quicker (5* Isaac Taylor-Stuart ran a 4.27 at the same camp)
    36' PB - who the fuck cares, this test is useless
    38.9" VJ - HOLY SHIT this kid can fucking fly. This was the 4th highest vertical and the only guys that beat him were unrecruited midgets that weighed 140 lbs

In looking for other comparables, I noticed his testing was very similar Spiker's. MS had an otherworldly 4.09 short shuttle and a decent vertical, the opposite of Spam Chancellor, but in line on everything else.

Needless to say his testing numbers were much more impressive than I anticipated, and made me even more excited than I was before, and I've loved him from the beginning. He's Pola-Mao 2.0 (who I wanted badly).

This kid is ELITE.
    Could he get a 5th star? Just asking for a friend. Stars are for dorks.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Passion said:

Swaye said:

Woof said:

Wanted to check out his testing because I like his film the more I watch it, but was curious about his speed. Seems very quick in space but not necessarily a straight line speed guy. From the 2017 Opening in LA, when he was a rising Junior:

4.87 40 - decent enough speed and he'll get faster (5* Jaiden Woodbey ran a 4.85 at the same camp)
    4.26 short shuttle - this is a good time, and again he'll get quicker (5* Isaac Taylor-Stuart ran a 4.27 at the same camp)
    38.9" VJ - HOLY SHIT this kid can fucking fly. This was the 4th highest vertical and the only guys that beat him were unrecruited midgets that weighed 140 lbs

In looking for other comparables, I noticed his testing was very similar Spiker's. MS had an otherworldly 4.09 short shuttle and a decent vertical, the opposite of Spam Chancellor, but in line on everything else.

Needless to say his testing numbers were much more impressive than I anticipated, and made me even more excited than I was before, and I've loved him from the beginning. He's Pola-Mao 2.0 (who I wanted badly).

This kid is ELITE.
    Nope.

He gave up that chance when he spurned ND.
    Measurables, film and offer sheet are all 5 star material. On pure skill/ceiling, he's the best addition to the class so far.

Standing by for @Dennis_DeYoung to yell at me and tell me I'm an idiot.
    I think he has a 5 star ceiling but probably not 5 star film.

I agree he's probably the most exciting commit in the class so far. And after Tuputala, Ah You, and Horn.

Recruiting momentum is overrated.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Bread said:

Don't call him white Feeney. First of all he's half Poly, not white. Second of all, Feeney was a 7th round pick. We have higher hopes for this kid than that.
    Feeney was a good fucking player. He got thrown into action way too early and battled a shoulder for the rest if his time because of it. He was a 200lb safety who had to try to bulk up to play linebacker and then Buck, and did a good fucking job of it...good enough to get drafted.

I'd take Feeney. Turner could be better given better coaching, likelihood if staying at one position for a whole career, andbetter S&C,but Feeney quality wouldnt = bust.
    Yep. I think Feeney level production is probably a reasonable outcome with his ceiling much higher than that.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Swaye said:

Woof said:

This kid is ELITE.
    Lol no. He's barely got a 4th star in the composite. I could maybe, MAYBE see 247 bumping him up into their top 100 when it's all said and done, but not a 5th star.

The other services are not gonna give a fuck now that he's committed to a (non-USC) west coast team. He might fall for ESPN, if anything.
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Passion said:

Swaye said:

Woof said:

This kid is ELITE.
    Nope.

He gave up that chance when he spurned ND.
    Measurables, film and offer sheet are all 5 star material. On pure skill/ceiling, he's the best addition to the class so far.

Standing by for @Dennis_DeYoung to yell at me and tell me I'm an idiot.
    But you like denis yelling and spitting on you
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

Bread said:

Feeney was a good fucking player. He got thrown into action way too early and battled a shoulder for the rest if his time because of it. He was a 200lb safety who had to try to bulk up to play linebacker and then Buck, and did a good fucking job of it...good enough to get drafted.

I'd take Feeney. Turner could be better given better coaching, likelihood if staying at one position for a whole career, andbetter S&C,but Feeney quality wouldnt = bust.
    I swear to fucking god half the people on this board don't understand nuance. I never said Feeney fucking sucked. He was a good player for us but he got Sarked and Ivaned early in his career and was forced to play out of position later in his career but did an admirable job. Never the fucking less, saying this kid is the next Feeney is cringe worthy because I think he will have a much better career at UW and be drafted much higher because he will be developed properly and won't be thrown into the fire too early.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

I swear to fucking god half the people on this board don't understand nuance. I never said Feeney fucking sucked. He was a good player for us but he got Sarked and Ivaned early in his career and was forced to play out of position later in his career but did an admirable job. Never the fucking less, saying this kid is the next Feeney is cringe worthy because I think he will have a much better career at UW and be drafted much higher because he will be developed properly and won't be thrown into the fire too early.
    Ladies and gentlemen, BallzDeep, nuance superiority guy!
    That being said, the amount of twisting that goes on on this board is out of control. Can't believe I'm taking BallzDeep's side, but here we are. First time we've agreed on something since Charbonnet.

dnc said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Ladies and gentlemen, BallzDeep, nuance superiority guy!
    That being said, the amount of twisting that goes on on this board is out of control. Can't believe I'm taking BallzDeep's side, but here we are. First time we've agreed on something since Charbonnet.
    U might need a walk for some perspective
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Bread said:

Don't worry about it. We still appreciate you being here Ballz.

Having moderate Asperger's gives you a bit of breathing room around these parts.

So, get that looked into, okay?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Bread said:

You're such a putz Ballz. You almost have a point but not quite because you're such a tantrum throwing girl about it. He could be better than Feeney, sure. I guess he shouldn't be compared to past player that was really good, even if he has similar attributes (aside from not being as fast), because you're jacking off to highlights of him playing at age 16.

The rest of my post was a bit off topic I guess. You used Feeney's 7th round status to illustrate why expectations should be higher for Turner though, which is also off topic. Draft status doesn't always reflect how good a player was in his college system. It's a function of how NFL GMs think a guy projects and fits on their team. Feeney was hurt in that regard by being undersized for an NFL LB or edge guy and spending four years trying to rehab.