Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump 1 - NATO 0

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
So, just as we all thought, it turns out that playing hardball with your allies, and actually demanding they do what they pledged to do, works better than grovelling with them hat in hand. I guess we should have all known that a billionaire real estate tycoon might be better at this negotiating shit than a community organizer from Chicago.

#winning

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-nato-germany-allies-pressure-defense-spending-brussels-4-percent/

BRUSSELS -- President Donald Trump appeared to declare victory on Thursday in his battle with America's closest allies to get them to contribute more money to the NATO alliance. Mr. Trump acknowledged that he had taken a tough stance with the European allies, demanding they contribute more of their national budgets to defense and saying after Thursday's meetings, "they upped their commitments and I am very happy."

He said the NATO member states had committed to quickly increase their national spending on defense to the benchmark 2 percent agreed previously, pending, in some cases, approvals from their respective legislatures.

Comments

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited July 2018
    Amazing work by trump!1!2

Of course, the official communique states 2% by 2024 that Obama negotiated, and Macron immediately denied trump’s statement. Gotta be fake news. Trump is a stable genius after all. MAGA!
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Without the US there is no NATO. Trump knows it and the other members know it. I wonder what would happen if the US only gave 1.24%?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Without the US there is no NATO. Trump knows it and the other members know it. I wonder what would happen if the US only gave 1.24%?

There'd be a helluva lot fewer little mixed race fuckers running around in places like Germany.

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Defense spending as percent of GDP is a measurement of military preparedness. Not of what nations “give” to NATO. Are you suggesting the US reduce military spending? That’ll show those freeloading eurotrash!
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It will never cease to amaze me how you people see Trump, who sits in front of the TV and whines for 6 hours a day, as some kind of master negotiator.

Also no one gives a fuck about NATO spending. The other countries have it right and it’s a shame that we don’t cut our GDP spent on the military to 2%. But that would mean that fewer retired generals on the board of defense contractors could afford their suburban Virginia mcmansions.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Sounds great to me.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It will never cease to amaze me how you people see Trump, who sits in front of the TV and whines for 6 hours a day, as some kind of master negotiator.

Also no one gives a fuck about NATO spending. The other countries have it right and it’s a shame that we don’t cut our GDP spent on the military to 2%. But that would mean that fewer retired generals on the board of defense contractors could afford their suburban Virginia mcmansions.

The parties they throw are pretty fucking boring, too
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    BearsWiin said:

The parties they throw are pretty fucking boring, too
    No story on how you were in Beverly hills and you had a party with the Germany PM and Anna Kendrick?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2018

I cant figure out why you can't see that trump is hilarious and that's basically the extent of why people like him.

Why you make it out to be more than that is beyond me.

Not fair!!
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    There goes the Space Force budget
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

There'd be a helluva lot fewer little mixed race fuckers running around in places like Germany.

i laffed - loud at that
    BearsWiin said:

Shut your whore mouth, we need those kids for the national soccer team
    Except like all good American athletes, they end up playing basketball. And since they aren't quite American, they play for the German national team.

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

Except like all good American athletes, they end up playing basketball. And since they aren't quite American, they play for the German national team.

You obviously haven't been paying attention
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention
    I said GOOD American athletes.