Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

An Oral History of How Utah Joined the Pac-12

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Local Utah media would never dare bring up or out any of these facts, or even attempt to dig up the truth because it would hurt BYU's feelings. The local media narrative has always been - Utah got lucky because Larry was out of options. Utah was the plan the whole tim. Not only do people forget that, people never even new that.

Lucky or not, we're here FUCKERS!

Not a big fan of Scout/247 but this is good. Whenever the pay sites knock it out of the park with an article they make it free. Good strategy until you find out the stuff behind the paywall is pure shit.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/The-Right-Fit-An-Oral-History-of-How-Utah-Joined-the-Pac-12-119713965/

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This will be a hot topic week 3 because we beat Auburn but lose to Utah.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I assumed when I read "Utah" and "oral" we'd also get a little anal action somewhere.

Sad.

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Nary a mention of BYU who was laughed off of the phone by the conference when they approached. Utah's ascendance is their downfall. They're pretty much a FCS team now.

that might be a bit generous, but, losing to umass at home on senior day is always special.

byu fans live in a goddamn bubble, zero awareness of sports outside of their ward.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I assumed when I read "Utah" and "oral" we'd also get a little anal action somewhere.

Sad.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

As much as I make fun of my Utard homeland, they were always the logical choice if you had to take a team from the WAC/MWC. Furthermore, Utah prolly has a higher ceiling than, at least, 2 or 3 schools in the old PAC. Those Mormons struck football gold when they went out into the Pacific to spread the word of a false prophet.

I can't fucking find it but the same trend line that has Petermen's recruiting classes trending up every year also has Utah trending up. I think they are still a ways off from putting it all together but I think it's only a matter of tim until they win the South at least once. I mean fuck, if Colorado can do it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

As much as I make fun of my Utard homeland, they were always the logical choice if you had to take a team from the WAC/MWC. Furthermore, Utah prolly has a higher ceiling than, at least, 2 or 3 schools in the old PAC. Those Mormons struck football gold when they went out into the Pacific to spread the word of a false prophet.

I can't fucking find it but the same trend line that has Petermen's recruiting classes trending up every year also has Utah trending up. I think they are still a ways off from putting it all together but I think it's only a matter of tim until they win the South at least once. I mean fuck, if Colorado can do it.
    That was like an epic lucky year for Colorado. Everyone else in the South was having major down year

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

And Colorado at various times has been a major player and major conference champ and even 1/2 a natty

Given, but they still were hot garbage for a decade before winning the South.

That was like an epic lucky year for Colorado. Everyone else in the South was having major down year

What's changed?