Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If you believe in the people, believe in article 5

13»

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

On the Yella Party platform we would just tax all political contributions and call it good.

Or just let free people do what they want....
    Like vote without an ID?
    Great false equivalency as always. Also very racist.
    I don’t think you know what a false equivalency is, Michael. See I asked a question, in order for me to say that two things are equivalent I would have to make a statement.

Stop using big words when you don’t know what they mean.
    We all know what you meant and it was fucking stupid.
    What did I mean?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Octavian said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's easy, overturn citizens United. Both parties govern in the best interest of the big donors. Obama made his money on crowdfunding small donations but still governed for the big corporations.

Progressives would love to tax corporations without allowing corporations engage in the same political process that is taking their money. Mute money buckets are best, yes?

If you? want to be symmetrical about it, eliminate corporate taxes, political donations, lobbyists and all that messy redress of grievances business, and shift all tax burden to real persons.

Of course, that will never happen politically because real persons get really pissed when there's real transparency.
    What does the corporate tax rate have to do with lobbying? They are two different issues.

And honestly, I think all lobbying with money should be gone, not just lobbying from corporations.

Look at it this way, the electoral college was setup so the large wealthy states didn't have a disproportionate advantage in voting than smaller states. Why is our lobbying system setup where it favors the wealthy and corporations? Not only federal politics but local City politics too.
    Fuck, Hondao, seriously?
    Talk it out. What's wrong with my position?
    Feels non sequitur ( @Octavian?) but I guess this is the larger question about "money in politics." Whatever.

The easy but impossible way to remove money from politics is to remove money from politicians.
    Plebes gonna plebe.
    Quod edit ad te?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I do not believe in the people.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I do not believe in the people.

Neither did the founders.
    Juicy subtext...
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Octavian said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's easy, overturn citizens United. Both parties govern in the best interest of the big donors. Obama made his money on crowdfunding small donations but still governed for the big corporations.

Progressives would love to tax corporations without allowing corporations engage in the same political process that is taking their money. Mute money buckets are best, yes?

If you? want to be symmetrical about it, eliminate corporate taxes, political donations, lobbyists and all that messy redress of grievances business, and shift all tax burden to real persons.

Of course, that will never happen politically because real persons get really pissed when there's real transparency.
    What does the corporate tax rate have to do with lobbying? They are two different issues.

And honestly, I think all lobbying with money should be gone, not just lobbying from corporations.

Look at it this way, the electoral college was setup so the large wealthy states didn't have a disproportionate advantage in voting than smaller states. Why is our lobbying system setup where it favors the wealthy and corporations? Not only federal politics but local City politics too.
    Fuck, Hondao, seriously?
    Talk it out. What's wrong with my position?
    Feels non sequitur ( @Octavian?) but I guess this is the larger question about "money in politics." Whatever.

The easy but impossible way to remove money from politics is to remove money from politicians.
    Plebes gonna plebe.
    Quod edit ad te?
    Ita.