Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which WSU team was the best ever?

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018

salemcoog said:

1997,2002,2003 were the best teams with 1988 and 2001 honorable mention. 1994 had a top 3 All time PAC defense and no QB. The 1988 may have been their best end of Season team. The dynasty of 01-03 had a major shortcoming that all but one of Leachs Coug teams has had, They couldn’t run the ball inside the 5. It cost us? at least 2 of those ACs, if not all 3 during the too soon years.

My favorite was the 2003 team. They weren’t supposed to do shit and then the D had 48 takeaways before the bowl game. But unfortunately they? Lived and died by the big play on Offense and left a ton of points on the board that Season with shitty inside the 10 Offense. They also turned it over quite a bit themselves on Offense.

The '88 Coog team beat a crappy UW team by one point, and had to come from behind in the fourth quarter to do it.
    But they won. Doesn’t happen all that often. 88,92 and 94 are the only teams I remember that backed up an AC win with a bowl win.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    1997 WSU team was legitimately very good. probably not quite great but they were fun to watch until they broke my heart

fuck lambo
  • LeachNeedsMoreTimLeachNeedsMoreTim Member Posts: 190

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opyh5tGXNgI

I love Mike Leach and think he's an amazing coach. TTU and WSU are no joke. Wulff had them worse than I've ever seen a P5 program. Worse than Willingham. To have them upper tier P12 (P12 being down WGAF) is a monster accomplishment. Sucks for him and WSU that his tenure coincided with Petersen.

WOOD

stock
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opyh5tGXNgI

I love Mike Leach and think he's an amazing coach. TTU and WSU are no joke. Wulff had them worse than I've ever seen a P5 program. Worse than Willingham. To have them upper tier P12 (P12 being down WGAF) is a monster accomplishment. Sucks for him and WSU that his tenure coincided with Petersen.

He’s done as well as you could expect. The end of Season meltdowns have been maddening. There’s clearly a ceiling as his system doesn’t fare well against big boy Ds But he took over a borderline high school team that couldn’t keep anyone on the field due to injuries and made them a top north team within 4 years with relatively few injuries. And USC respects him.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMaaDxp3grY

i just watched this entire thing lmao

fat little girlfriends? how did i miss that one
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BaldwinIV said:

Fat little girlfrens put him on the map while he was still at TTU
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Probably the 1982 Apple Cup team was the best ever if only for a single game.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

Cool Story Bro Tim:

I went to go see Primus last year and some asshole started talking shit and threatening my wife's friend that we were there with for no particular reason. He didn't realize that she was there with other people I guess. Anyways, I got in the guy's face and told him to go fuck himself at which point his friend decided to also get involved. In probably my favorite all time shit talk moment I pulled a line from what I had been reading here on HH that week, "I'm going to fuck you up and then make you watch as I rape your fat little girlfriend here too." Dead fucking silence after that from them and everyone else in the area. They quietly collected their things and left without further incident. Thanks for that one guys!
    never fight the crazy guy
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

Cool Story Bro Tim:

I went to go see Primus last year and some asshole started talking shit and threatening my wife's friend that we were there with for no particular reason. He didn't realize that she was there with other people I guess. Anyways, I got in the guy's face and told him to go fuck himself at which point his friend decided to also get involved. In probably my favorite all time shit talk moment I pulled a line from what I had been reading here on HH that week, "I'm going to fuck you up and then make you watch as I rape your fat little girlfriend here too." Dead fucking silence after that from them and everyone else in the area. They quietly collected their things and left without further incident. Thanks for that one guys!
    never fight the crazy guy
    Since no one that was there follows football or this hobby bored the running joke is now about how I like to fuck fat little girlfriends. Gives me an extra smile on the inside everytim one of them makes the joke.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

God I hope he stays as long as Petermen does. He's so perfect for the cuoog.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

What year was the one where the dude blew himself up and the other guy blasted his arm off?

That one.

Payam Saadat was the one that lost his hand.

back before my over 9000 handles got banned at ginafarm i made some poast about 'saadat was the bomb, yo!' before an apple cup.

that day i was down to 8999 handles, theyre a soft bunch over there.
  • CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 276
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

What year was the one where the dude blew himself up and the other guy blasted his arm off?

That one.

Payam Saadat was the one that lost his hand.

back before my over 9000 handles got banned at ginafarm i made some poast about 'saadat was the bomb, yo!' before an apple cup.

that day i was down to 8999 handles, theyre a soft bunch over there.
    He said he was “...practicing to be a SEAL.” And nobody thanked him for his service.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The 1959 WSC squad led by future Charger, Keith Lincoln gave the Huskies all they could handle

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

salemcoog said:

1997,2002,2003 were the best teams with 1988 and 2001 honorable mention. 1994 had a top 3 All time PAC defense and no QB. The 1988 may have been their best end of Season team. The dynasty of 01-03 had a major shortcoming that all but one of Leachs Coug teams has had, They couldn’t run the ball inside the 5. It cost us? at least 2 of those ACs, if not all 3 during the too soon years.

My favorite was the 2003 team. They weren’t supposed to do shit and then the D had 48 takeaways before the bowl game. But unfortunately they? Lived and died by the big play on Offense and left a ton of points on the board that Season with shitty inside the 10 Offense. They also turned it over quite a bit themselves on Offense.

The '88 Coog team beat a crappy UW team by one point, and had to come from behind in the fourth quarter to do it.
    Your point?

The question was, greatest Coug team? I answered.

Jeebus Derek.
    chuck said:

Agreed, I think. Was that the year I watched them beat Houston on Christmas day...Aloha Bowl? Rosenbach was good.
    Yes, and beat #1 UCLA on the rode. Of course, they dropped to both Zona schools, and WHOREgon, but it's the kewgs. You're going to have some losses in there no matter which team you pick.
    salemcoog said:

I feel you my brother. I feel the Kewg love and bond through the interwebs. How 'bout you?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I know everyone thinks he is a total fucking disaster, but he has gotten really shitty teams to an 8 win seasons. Something 7 win sark could barely do