Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Meanderings...NW Championship. A look back

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Most of us never realized during all those years and trips down to Eugene when UW was kicking Oregon butt in football just how much the ducks hated our canine guts. While Don James during his eighteen years as Dawgfather was dominating our supposed south-of-the-Columbia rival 15-3 and the ducks continued to slum it in their bermed armpit of a stadium with it's bent and rusting chain-linked fence, I believe most of us were much more focused on beating USC, UCLA, ASU or even the Palouse sodbusters than we were on plowing under the lowly green and yeller one more time. We were going to bowl games every year winning most and our stadium was packed with rabidity nearly every Saturday, and who can forget when we helped pack Autzen to capacity with upwards of 15,000 traveling Dawgfans.

I first started to notice the duck hatred for all that we were to them in Eugene at the 1992 game, which was a hard fought affair that the Huskies won 24-3 in front of a packed SRO capacity Autzen crowd of 48,000. Everything went against the ducks that day who according to their fans in the stands had to battle the Pac-10 refs as well as the "Fucking Arrogant Huskies". It was the first game at which I noticed ducks combining their favorite F-word with Arrogance in describing us and the first time I sensed their true Husky hatred. I had as was my habit purchased a bunch of tickets for my extended family living in Oregon including my parents as well as for all my crew of eight Dawgs travelling down from Seattle. At the post-game tailgate which was then a family tradition I was reminded of the Bee bee King classic: "Nobody loves me but my Mother, and she may be jiving me too." Of course, the 1994 embarrassment two years later, which my daughters still refer to as that "that ball-grabbing game" need not be hashed over again here.

I could be off-base on this, but I believe we have an entire generation of Huskyfans who cannot realize why the ducks must hate us so and many of this new millennium generation have chosen not to partake in our traditional Husky arrogance because they've neither seen nor experienced anything in Husky Football to be arrogant about. This kind of pseudo-loserism inevitably leads to envy by some of us especially for an Oregon program that has dominated UW for nine straight wins and that envy I suppose can only result in obsession with anything aside from moribund Husky Football that might come along to limit-out on ducks. However, believe me when I protest that although there may be few of us hanging around on the Internet, there are still mobs of us in the stands on Saturdays and relaxing at pregame and postgame tailgates who are still arrogant and remember why duckfuckers will always avoid the C-word ......... which has something to do with that sodomy-of-seduction thing all ducks fear.

Comments

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So is your Oregon rivalry only about 30 years old? What about WSU?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    89ute said:

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,073
    edited July 2018
    89ute said:

1948 for Oregon.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Oregon is a good team in our division who hated us. We didn’t even know they existed.

Then we destroyed our own program and they acted like they did something.

IDGAF about Oregon. They will never be a real rival.

It reminds me of when Nebraska dropped Oklahoma as their rival because Okie sucked and took CU as their “NEW RIVALRY”!!!

Fucking stupid shit.

Say that to Tailgaiters face!
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Baseman said:

Oregon is a good team in our division who hated us. We didn’t even know they existed.

It reminds me of when Nebraska dropped Oklahoma as their rival because Okie sucked and took CU as their “NEW RIVALRY”!!!

Fucking stupid shit.

Say that to Tailgaiters face!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

Fucking stupid shit.

Oregon lives in your head
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fucking stupid shit.

Oregon lives in every dwags Head. 2 recent butt kickings aren’t close to being enough to heal the wounds of double barreled Owentwelve
    Only haie could possibly disagree.

Haie you are a joker!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking stupid shit.

How the fuck did Oklahoma, CU and Nebraska all end up in different conferences? If just makes no fucking sense. Make the Big 8 Great Again put Texas in the SWC.

@89ute and @Pitchfork51 have to go back to the WAC.

God, Americans are fucking stoopid.

Fucking stupid shit.

How the fuck did Oklahoma, CU and Nebraska all end up in different conferences? If just makes no fucking sense. Make the Big 8 Great Again put Texas in the SWC.

Die! In a fire!

Don't lump me in with the Utes!

Been in the pac since before I was born
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking stupid shit.

Die! In a fire!

Don't lump me in with the Utes!

Been in the pac since before I was born
    You don't belong. Ain't no PACIFIC ocean front property in Arizona.

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fucking stupid shit.

This guy gets it.