Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Colt Ellison, 2019 4* DE, Aledo HS, TX (Offered 4/11/2018)

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

We knew it was coming, but it still hurts.

I don't want to hear any bullshit about there being no chance UW pulls this kid. UW should win this battle!
    They should have. Getting smoked by TCU for two kids back to back and watching ASU beat them for two kids is fucking embarrassing.
    Idiotic take
    "Maybe we'd be better off without Jimmy Lake."
    That’s some mediocre deflecting and major league caliber taking comments out of context
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I don't want to hear any bullshit about there being no chance UW pulls this kid. UW should win this battle!
    They should have. Getting smoked by TCU for two kids back to back and watching ASU beat them for two kids is fucking embarrassing.
    Idiotic take
    That’s some mediocre deflecting and major league caliber taking comments out of context
    Then fucking explain what you disagree with or think is idiotic with what I said. Don't worry I'll wait.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take
    Then fucking explain what you disagree with or think is idiotic with what I said. Don't worry I'll wait.
    Often times it's all about the delivery.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take
    Where do I start? Let's just go with the comments tied to "getting smoked by TCU" and "ASU beat them for 2 kids"

As for the ASU kids, the class ASU is putting together is a fucking joke. Kerley from Austin I'd be willing to bet wasn't high enough up on TCU's board for him to hold on given that he's got family ties to the program. My guess is that the original offer was extended because of the family reason and then when everybody does their due diligence everybody comes to the conclusion that he'd be better off elsewhere. Moreover, his offers are a mix of P5 and non P5 offers. In other words, I doubt TCU would have accepted the verbal at this point. The TE prospect out of the DFW area basically had a list of offers that were middling at best.

When you say that we "got smoked by TCU' you show a clear lack of understanding where TCU is in the world of college football. For kids like the above, they are the definition of kids that they are following but are willing to let go to others because they are in on bigger fish. They are the 3rd program in the Big 12 and recruit at a strong enough level that when mixed in with their coaching has regularly placed them in the upper tier of that conference.

More things you should understand about TCU:
    • If you buy that Chris Petersen's the 4th ranked coach in college football per Athlon's latest rankings, then you have to recognize that Gary Patterson is the 5th best coach in America.
    • Since joining the Big 12, TCU is 32-22 in Conference Play including a 26-10 record over the last 4 seasons.
    • It's been said that a hallmark of a good program is their ability to win bowl games. Since Patterson's been the HC of TCU, they are 10-5 in Bowl Games including wins in the Rose and Peach Bowls.
    • Regardless of conference that you are in, generally speaking, it's hard to materially lap the field in terms of the talent that you have relative to your conference. In Patterson's 17 seasons at TCU, he has won 10+ games 11 seasons. To put that in relative perspective, over the same time period Alabama has won 10+ in a season 12 times, Ohio State and Oklahoma 14 times, USC 11 times, and Clemson 6 times.
    • Over the last 10 years, TCU has finished in the Top 10 in the country 6 of those years. If you're looking for schools that can match or beat that, you're looking at the blue bloods of college football and the upper, upper middle class. You don't get into that real estate by accident.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take
    Where do I start? Let's just go with the comments tied to "getting smoked by TCU" and "ASU beat them for 2 kids"

As for the ASU kids, the class ASU is putting together is a fucking joke. Kerley from Austin I'd be willing to bet wasn't high enough up on TCU's board for him to hold on given that he's got family ties to the program. My guess is that the original offer was extended because of the family reason and then when everybody does their due diligence everybody comes to the conclusion that he'd be better off elsewhere. Moreover, his offers are a mix of P5 and non P5 offers. In other words, I doubt TCU would have accepted the verbal at this point. The TE prospect out of the DFW area basically had a list of offers that were middling at best.

When you say that we "got smoked by TCU' you show a clear lack of understanding where TCU is in the world of college football. For kids like the above, they are the definition of kids that they are following but are willing to let go to others because they are in on bigger fish. They are the 3rd program in the Big 12 and recruit at a strong enough level that when mixed in with their coaching has regularly placed them in the upper tier of that conference.

• If you buy that Chris Petersen's the 4th ranked coach in college football per Athlon's latest rankings, then you have to recognize that Gary Patterson is the 5th best coach in America.
    • Since joining the Big 12, TCU is 32-22 in Conference Play including a 26-10 record over the last 4 seasons.
    • It's been said that a hallmark of a good program is their ability to win bowl games. Since Patterson's been the HC of TCU, they are 10-5 in Bowl Games including wins in the Rose and Peach Bowls.
    • Regardless of conference that you are in, generally speaking, it's hard to materially lap the field in terms of the talent that you have relative to your conference. In Patterson's 17 seasons at TCU, he has won 10+ games 11 seasons. To put that in relative perspective, over the same time period Alabama has won 10+ in a season 12 times, Ohio State and Oklahoma 14 times, USC 11 times, and Clemson 6 times.
    • Over the last 10 years, TCU has finished in the Top 10 in the country 6 of those years. If you're looking for schools that can match or beat that, you're looking at the blue bloods of college football and the upper, upper middle class. You don't get into that real estate by accident.
    I scrolled straight to the bottom of the page and saw the last piece of this comment. I didn't know who posted it, but considering it looked really fucking long and drawn out and is about TCU I figured it is probably Tequilla

SHOCKED

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take

Let me guess you went to TCU?

1. The two prospects ASU pulled were top TCU targets. If you have a 247 sub you can go to their board an see that. Their fans were baffled as to why two top TCU targets who are from Texas would choose ASU over TCU. Their mod who is a pretty big homer (most are) said nothing about TCU cooling on those recruits or those recruits not having committable offers and instead he posted this:

"I felt like it was slipping a little with Kerley within the last week and Matthews within the past few days. With Kerley I was told once he didn't commit to TCU that it could mean other things. I found it odd that I reached out to him and never heard back a few times after his OV.

Then I was told that his mom really wanted him to wait it out and not commit without taking other visits. Apparently ASU was more impressive to both. Matthews is definitely the bigger loss as they wanted to get a featured TE...if there is one in TCU's offense. I'm honestly not surprised by their decision."

So yeah, those are two head-to-head wins for Herm Edwards against Gary Patterson and TCU for two Texas kids and both committed to ASU back-to-back on the same day.

2. I don't argue that TCU isn't a good program and Patterson isn't a top-10 coach. But they play against cracker jack defenses in the no-defense having Big-12 which results in them frequently being overrated. UW has a higher ceiling, better campus, better stadium, better local environment, better tradition, better coach, and more draft picks.

3. I call going 0-2 getting smoked because that's what it is. Overall, UW is better than TC fucking U. I understand UW's place in college football and it's above TCU and always will be. Have some fucking pride for fuck sake. I'm not saying UW should just beat TCU for any Texas kid they want but I expect better than what I've recently witnessed and if they're going to continue to recruit the state of Texas I expect them to do it better than Herm Edwards and ASU.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take

1. The two prospects ASU pulled were top TCU targets. If you have a 247 sub you can go to their board an see that. Their fans were baffled as to why two top TCU targets who are from Texas would choose ASU over TCU. Their mod who is a pretty big homer (most are) said nothing about TCU cooling on those recruits or those recruits not having committable offers and instead he posted this:

"I felt like it was slipping a little with Kerley within the last week and Matthews within the past few days. With Kerley I was told once he didn't commit to TCU that it could mean other things. I found it odd that I reached out to him and never heard back a few times after his OV.

Then I was told that his mom really wanted him to wait it out and not commit without taking other visits. Apparently ASU was more impressive to both. Matthews is definitely the bigger loss as they wanted to get a featured TE...if there is one in TCU's offense. I'm honestly not surprised by their decision."

So yeah, those are two head-to-head wins for Herm Edwards against Gary Patterson and TCU for two Texas kids and both committed to ASU back-to-back on the same day.

2. I don't argue that TCU isn't a good program and Patterson isn't a top-10 coach. But they play against cracker jack defenses in the no-defense having Big-12 which results in them frequently being overrated. UW has a higher ceiling, better campus, better stadium, better local environment, better tradition, better coach, and more draft picks.

3. I call going 0-2 getting smoked because that's what it is. Overall, UW is better than TC fucking U. I understand UW's place in college football and it's above TCU and always will be. Have some fucking pride for fuck sake. I'm not saying UW should just beat TCU for any Texas kid they want but I expect better than what I've recently witnessed and if they're going to continue to recruit the state of Texas I expect them to do it better than Herm Edwards and ASU.
    Might Be an Alumnus

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take

Might Be an Alumnus
    Hey TCU MBA just got kicked out of the US News Rankings for inflating GMAT scores. Which means somehow they were relevant enough to be ranked to begin with.

That’s a PRESTIGIOUS MBA program.

They don’t just let anyone off the mean IMA streets in.
    Yep - shocking I’m sure to those here who look down on the school to find out that they have had some favorable rankings over the years

As for the other stuff, not the first or last school that will fall into something like that ... Stanford was busted as well for inaccurate statements
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

This is fucking stupid. Kwat is the worst recruiter I've ever seen. Can't even get a white kid he can relate to. Why the fuck didn't we hire a young OLB coach? Preferably a black OLB coach. Jimmy Lake is not turning over any DB coaching or recruiting duties to Will Harris. So basically WIll Harris is a glorified graduate assistant right now and Lake is putting down roots in Seattle and said he gonna be here a "long, long time". What the fuck are we doing? The Harris hire looks like shit right now. There better be some good news coming down the pipe for Buck recruiting. Trice is fine but the next best guy after Ellison is Latu who everybody fucking wants. What am I thinking? We probably won't getting either of them.

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you.

Kwat is a Dawg he bled in the pressbox in Husky Stadium and you fucking manlet are gonna shit on for some stiff from Aledo. FoH.

Here is me not giving two fcks what you thing is smart or dumb.
    Kwat fucking sucks as a recruiting period. That is a fact.

You're fine watching UW take L's at this position over and over again. I'm not.

Fuck off retard doog. Die of diabetes you fat fuck.
    That's not cool, dude. Diabetes is a serious illness, you AIDS-ridden cancer patient.
    It's fine if I don't die of Diabetes this year as long as I get some sweet death inducing Diabetes next year.
    Hit me up by dm.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take

So your "source" is the TCU equivalent of Ektard and the Doogman boards? Got it.

Reading through the tea leaves, what you put out there regarding Kerley says that he and his family wanted him going elsewhere for whatever reason. That happens. As for Matthews, the comment "they wanted to get a feature TE if there is one in TCU's offense" tells the story. In some ways, TCU's use of TEs is similar to how UW gets viewed by DEs/BUCKs in recruiting in that they are tough sells with how they run their respective offense/defense.

If you want to hold these 2 kids up as a sign that Patterson is losing his way or whatever that's your prerogative. I promise you that come December when you look at TCU's class versus ASU's class TCU's class will look significantly better.

What's overrated? It would seem to me that you have bias against the Big 12 and allow that cloud your mind. TCU by and large DOES play defense … so why would I care what the rest of the conference does? If you want to say that TCU's overrated because they play the Big 12, then how do you explain their success when playing against programs from the PAC12 or the SEC in bowl games or in the non-conference? I'm not arguing that TCU has a higher ceiling than UW - never have.

Why do you think Dennis and Pepsi always lose their shit about local recruiting? It's because you're far more likely to secure local kids than kids from far away. So if UW was 0-2 against TCU for local kids in the greater Seattle area that both schools are aggressively recruiting, then I'd be more open to your conclusion. To say that UW is getting blown out because they lost recruiting battles to TCU for 2 local kids in the DFW market ... that's always an uphill battle. The thing with UW recruiting Texas is that it's about getting 1-3 kids there a year that help fill in gaps from positions that may not be particularly strong in our stronger recruiting markets. And moreover, comparing 2 kids that have offers from a number of legit P5 programs that we're recruiting against TCU on is way different than 2 kids that have limited P5 offers that ASU pull in. Kids that ASU are taking that we wouldn't even kick the tires on is comparing apples and oranges.

As for having pride ... that's laughable. I'm quite happy that the 2 schools I went to have 2 of the Top 5 coaches in College Football. I'm quite happy that going into each college football season from now going forward in the foreseeable future that I can book the fact that those 2 schools are likely going to get 20+ wins during the season. I'm quite happy that it's realistic to expect that at least one of them will be playing for a conference championship. And I'm quite happy that there's a path each year where you can see how at least one of them will be in the conversation for not only the Group of 6 Bowls, but a berth into the CFP.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Idiotic take

So your "source" is the TCU equivalent of Ektard and the Doogman boards? Got it.

Reading through the tea leaves, what you put out there regarding Kerley says that he and his family wanted him going elsewhere for whatever reason. That happens. As for Matthews, the comment "they wanted to get a feature TE if there is one in TCU's offense" tells the story. In some ways, TCU's use of TEs is similar to how UW gets viewed by DEs/BUCKs in recruiting in that they are tough sells with how they run their respective offense/defense.

If you want to hold these 2 kids up as a sign that Patterson is losing his way or whatever that's your prerogative. I promise you that come December when you look at TCU's class versus ASU's class TCU's class will look significantly better.

What's overrated? It would seem to me that you have bias against the Big 12 and allow that cloud your mind. TCU by and large DOES play defense … so why would I care what the rest of the conference does? If you want to say that TCU's overrated because they play the Big 12, then how do you explain their success when playing against programs from the PAC12 or the SEC in bowl games or in the non-conference? I'm not arguing that TCU has a higher ceiling than UW - never have.

Why do you think Dennis and Pepsi always lose their shit about local recruiting? It's because you're far more likely to secure local kids than kids from far away. So if UW was 0-2 against TCU for local kids in the greater Seattle area that both schools are aggressively recruiting, then I'd be more open to your conclusion. To say that UW is getting blown out because they lost recruiting battles to TCU for 2 local kids in the DFW market ... that's always an uphill battle. The thing with UW recruiting Texas is that it's about getting 1-3 kids there a year that help fill in gaps from positions that may not be particularly strong in our stronger recruiting markets. And moreover, comparing 2 kids that have offers from a number of legit P5 programs that we're recruiting against TCU on is way different than 2 kids that have limited P5 offers that ASU pull in. Kids that ASU are taking that we wouldn't even kick the tires on is comparing apples and oranges.

As for having pride ... that's laughable. I'm quite happy that the 2 schools I went to have 2 of the Top 5 coaches in College Football. I'm quite happy that going into each college football season from now going forward in the foreseeable future that I can book the fact that those 2 schools are likely going to get 20+ wins during the season. I'm quite happy that it's realistic to expect that at least one of them will be playing for a conference championship. And I'm quite happy that there's a path each year where you can see how at least one of them will be in the conversation for not only the Group of 6 Bowls, but a berth into the CFP.
    @Tequilla Holy fuck shut the fuck up! What is the equivalent of a TCU doog? A froog? That's you.

I present facts. TCU wanted the two recruits that committed to ASU and took two L's. That is undisputable. You respond to that with "reading the tea leaves" bullshit speculation. Yeah, insight from a TCU insider you is in contact with these recruits is a better source than your speculative dumb ass.

I don't give a fuck about TCU's class versus ASU's class. That's fucking irrelevant. When did I say anything about Patterson "losing his way". That's random shit you just made up.

Apples to oranges? Fuck you're retarded. It doesn't fucking matter if UW wouldn't be interested in the two recruits that committed to ASU over TCU. The point is TCU wanted both and ASU won. TCU wanted Ellison and Lewis and UW lost.

Of course it's easier to recruit fucking in-state kids than out-of-state kids. But guess what. The majority of our recruits come from out-of-state. UW has to beat out the in-state schools in whatever state those recruits are from. They beat out California schools for California recruits, Oregon schools for Oregon recruits, Arizona schools for Arizona recruits, etc. Sure it's a bit harder to pull Texas kids out of Texas than West coast kids out of West coast states. Doesn't mean I as a fan should just accept losing because "it's hard". I don't give a fuck that it's hard. Winners win and losers lose. UW mostly has a staff of winners when it comes to recruiting but they still took those L's. I'm not unreasonable and I don't expect too much. Losing to Texas and A&M for Texas recruits is completely understandable. But if they're going to continue to recruit Texas for 1-3 recruits per year then they need to beat TCU. Otherwise they're wasting their fucking time either losing recruiting battles or beating Texas Tech and SMU for JAGs like Aaron Fuller.

We've done it before. TCU wanted Levi O and Curne and we beat them because the position coaches that recruited them can fucking recruit.

TCU can suck dick. As soon as Herman gets Texas rolling they will be irrelevant again. And you can't be a fan of two college teams bitch. You have to fucking pick one. Otherwise you're not really all in for either one which explains your apathy and lower expectations for UW.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Otherwise you're not really all in for either one which explains your apathy and lower expectations for UW.

Truth