Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which program - should they win another NT - replace SC or ND on Mt Rushmore?

12346»

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

Let's say UW decides to shut down football and Pete has to find a job. Every school in America offers him, and he decides he doesn't care about anything but winning a title. Where do you think this elite coach is going?

1. Alabama - there's no better place to win
    2. USC - We know Pete doesn't want to coach there, but humor me
    3. tOSU - right there with anybody

So it's the fourth spot that is up for grabs. I think he's going to Oklahoma 100 years before ND. I'm not sure ND is top 10 in this metric at this point.

Bama
    USC
    tOSU
    Oklahoma
    Florida
    Texas
    Florida St
    LSU
    Michigan
    Miami
    ND

I get it, Rushmore is about what you've done, whereas this poast is about what you can do. But these rankings are far more pertinent.

Kill yourself for putting USC in second place.
    At a Rushmore school all you need is a good corch. Look at Bammer from 1982- 2008. One great season and that's it.
    Thats a quarter century stretch of being a nothing team. A team that goes a quarter century doing nothing, is nothing special on its own merits. All the extra hocus pocus intangibles like 'tradition' are just lipstick on a pig. Bama will go back to being a shit team again after Saban's gone, and they won't be great again until the find the next elite HC. WSU could make Mt. Rushmore with an elite head coach. Maybe Rushmore should have coaches on it instead of teams, since that's what matters most.
    You just made the entire poont.

WSU couldn't keep an elite head coach were they to ever hire one. Dennis Erickson was the closest they ever came and he made it two years before moving to an elite program.

hth
    Good call on Denny

Oregon State couldn't keep him either

Miami didn't want to keep him
    You got that right. I'm not sure there's ever been a coach who won two titles who was less appreciated than Erickson at Miami. Nobody gave him any credit for the titles, and the very minute Miami looking human people were calling for his ass. It's almost like they didn't think an ex-Kewger belonged at Miami in the first place.
    Alabama didn't even wait for Price to coach a game before they shit canned him
    It was preordained.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Miami

FSU didn't want to be there

In the middle of the 3rd quarter, they certainly did not.

That was about as bad a quarter of football I've seen a team have. They could do absolutely nothing right.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma

That was about as bad a quarter of football I've seen a team have. They could do absolutely nothing right.
    Jamis Winston was Jake Browning in that quarter
    Miami

Yes. Dreadful.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Write-in Option

Yes. Dreadful.
    Solid doog takes.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Nebraska

Doogles said:

Florida State finishing in the final AP top 5 for like 15 years straight is insane. They won multiple BCS era title, played for another, snapped the SEC streak, made it to the playoff (quack). Multiple heismans

Their recent success puts them above Miami imo. IF they won another title you'd have to say 3 coaches getting it done is no fluke.

I will grant you the top 5 finishes ... remarkable, especially when you consider that FSU is one of the few programs that can actually stand behind the "anyplace, anytime" chatter. They've played some tuff schedules.

That said, 5 > 3, and as was just discussed elsewhere, Miami is within an eyelash of 8 titles (86, 88 and 02), and a couple of eyelashes from 9 (2000). They have a ridiculous home winning streak that you know well, they once had a 19 game road winning streak, they have an absurd record vs. #1 ranked teams, they have few equals when it comes to producing impact players at the pro level, all kinds of draft pick records, soon to be fourth all-time with Pro HOFamers when Reed gets in next year for 8 and will be chasing Ohio State's 10 players soon with potential inductees Gore, Edge, Dre Johnson and Wilfork (two of those gets in). And their 2001 team was an all-timer and as close to flawless as they come ... nails across the board, strong and deep at every position on the field.

Florida State has been a little less up and down, but I have a hard time putting FSU over them just yet. They'd need a couple more titles before you could be serious about that. AND, Miami doesn't have to "IF" the coaching question. 4 different coaches have won titles there.
    Sean Taylor makes the hall rather easily if he doesn’t have his house robbed while injured. And Portis would be in the conversation if he didn’t have the bad fortune of being traded to the Redskins.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option

It was an honor for THE University of Oregon to own reigning national champion FSU and Mt. Rushmore final four finalist, on the national stage in front of millions and millions of duck fans nationwide in the playoffs.

First game Famous Jameis ever lost. He went 26-0 before falling to the duck blitzkrieg.

Only tim I've ever rooted for Oregon. No means, no. No means, no.
    Well fuck Yella, no chinvite to the Autzen porking lot for you
    Only been to the porking lot once. Some scary looking hillbillies there fer sure but 6'6" Yella and 42-14 was enuff to keep my corn hole safe that day.
    I didn't know that's how tall you are.

I'd appreciate if you reminded us all more often.

cunt
    Noted vertically challenged Beaner Kraut weighs in.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    Florida State
    I probably agree that Miami is slightly above FSU because when they are on they are on. They are also trending up because Richt > Taggert. But the consistency of the FSU program is unmatched. Last year was the only throwaway year since Bowden's last season.

Miami also doesn't have a real fan base. A bunch of retired Jews and washed up rappers do not deserve the spot over one of last teams to openly chant Indian war cries in a PC era.
    Miami
    whlinder said:

Doogles said:

Florida State finishing in the final AP top 5 for like 15 years straight is insane. They won multiple BCS era title, played for another, snapped the SEC streak, made it to the playoff (quack). Multiple heismans

Their recent success puts them above Miami imo. IF they won another title you'd have to say 3 coaches getting it done is no fluke.

I will grant you the top 5 finishes ... remarkable, especially when you consider that FSU is one of the few programs that can actually stand behind the "anyplace, anytime" chatter. They've played some tuff schedules.

That said, 5 > 3, and as was just discussed elsewhere, Miami is within an eyelash of 8 titles (86, 88 and 02), and a couple of eyelashes from 9 (2000). They have a ridiculous home winning streak that you know well, they once had a 19 game road winning streak, they have an absurd record vs. #1 ranked teams, they have few equals when it comes to producing impact players at the pro level, all kinds of draft pick records, soon to be fourth all-time with Pro HOFamers when Reed gets in next year for 8 and will be chasing Ohio State's 10 players soon with potential inductees Gore, Edge, Dre Johnson and Wilfork (two of those gets in). And their 2001 team was an all-timer and as close to flawless as they come ... nails across the board, strong and deep at every position on the field.

Florida State has been a little less up and down, but I have a hard time putting FSU over them just yet. They'd need a couple more titles before you could be serious about that. AND, Miami doesn't have to "IF" the coaching question. 4 different coaches have won titles there.
    Sean Taylor makes the hall rather easily if he doesn’t have his house robbed while injured. And Portis would be in the conversation if he didn’t have the bad fortune of being traded to the Redskins.
    Portis had a pretty great start to his career. Kind of faded there because of injuries, but he was a good one. It's crazy the one with a knee injury on both legs in college is the one who has lasted so long. Edgerin James, while productive, was never himself after just the one knee injury, and Gore goes out and runs on two completely rebuilt knees and does nothing but gain yards.

Taylor is a shoe-in HOF'er if his life isn't cut short. Perhaps my favorite Hurricane of all tim.
    Miami
    Doogles said:

I probably agree that Miami is slightly above FSU because when they are on they are on. They are also trending up because Richt > Taggert. But the consistency of the FSU program is unmatched. Last year was the only throwaway year since Bowden's last season.

Miami also doesn't have a real fan base. A bunch of retired Jews and washed up rappers do not deserve the spot over one of last teams to openly chant Indian war cries in a PC era.

Once again the Latinos take a beating on Hardcore Husky.

This is what I'm talking about @RaceBannon . Raysism!
    Miami
    Doogles said:

I will chin, though, for the non-PC warchant celebration.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma

Doogles said:

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Florida State

Doogles said:

But i'm half Puerto Rican so I'm allowed to be Carribean raycis.