Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to @YellowSnow

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    It darn well ought to be, but Henley style match racing is harder to explain to all these cretins.

I got to go over there as an alternate and the V 8 got homered by the refs, when the British crew won by a bow ball. I watched the race up close and Worshington won damn it.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    That’s awesome. You need to bust out #InternationalAthleticCompetitorForWashingtonSuperiorityGuy more frequently.

With my household focusing on Tennis these days, we have it on the list to try to do a Wimbledon/Henley RR combo one of these years. This year pulling off Peach Bowel Runner Up Consolation Game plus US Open worked out.
    I’d still go to Henley if UW wasn’t competing but it would be cooler if we* were.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Is this the place for all Henley Royal Regatta Hawt(y) talk?

Hey, I've taken classes at OCC.
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

You sound pour.

So CSB tim. In the summer and fall, UW does a lot training in pairs (shell with 2 rowers, each with one oar and no coxswain). The program typically will sell it's older shells to other "pour" schools like Orange Coast. One summer I was driving down the PCH in Newport Beach with my old man and decided to pop into the OCC boathouse to have look around. I noticed some of our? old shells which had recently been shipped down to OCC. Mentioned to their corch that I had crashed one in particular into a partially submerged, floating log. He laffed.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

That’s awesome. You need to bust out #InternationalAthleticCompetitorForWashingtonSuperiorityGuy more frequently.

With my household focusing on Tennis these days, we have it on the list to try to do a Wimbledon/Henley RR combo one of these years. This year pulling off Peach Bowel Runner Up Consolation Game plus US Open worked out.
    I’d still go to Henley if UW wasn’t competing but it would be cooler if we* were.

Right!? I can say I've bled for Worshington on domestic as well as foreign waters.

Henley is tits. Top .1% of British Aristocracy descends on the place similar to Ascot and Wimbledon.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

You sound pour.

So CSB tim. In the summer and fall, UW does a lot training in pairs (shell with 2 rowers, each with one oar and no coxswain). The program typically will sell it's older shells to other "pour" schools like Orange Coast. One summer I was driving down the PCH in Newport Beach with my old man and decided to pop into the OCC boathouse to have look around. I noticed some of our? old shells which had recently been shipped down to OCC. Mentioned to their corch that I had crashed one in particular into a partially submerged, floating log. He laffed.
    It's where all the fast strategy orange county people end up. Lots of smoking hot girls too dumb to get into a rill school.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:

You sound pour.

It's where all the fast strategy orange county people end up. Lots of smoking hot girls too dumb to get into a rill school.
    Ykw
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

Right!? I can say I've bled for Worshington on domestic as well as foreign waters.

Henley is tits. Top .1% of British Aristocracy descends on the place similar to Ascot and Wimbledon.

is that off the IQ scale or the money scale?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

whlinder said:

is that off the IQ scale or the money scale?
    British Pounds.
    Standard Supporter
    Won again today, rematch with Yale tomorrow.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Apparently they set a new course record for the first half of that stretch of the Thames. Cool video below. I'd be curious to know how different ours? and Yale's lineups are from IRA's. Yale's crew had a ton of the foreign hordes and I assume a lot of the those Eurofag rowers are on national teams this summer.

#makeamericanrowinggreatagain (hi @creepycoug )

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

whlinder said:

Apparently they set a new course record for the first half of that stretch of the Thames. Cool video below. I'd be curious to know how different ours? and Yale's lineups are from IRA's. Yale's crew had a ton of the foreign hordes and I assume a lot of the those Eurofag rowers are on national teams this summer.

#makeamericanrowinggreatagain (hi @creepycoug )

Go Dawgs!
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    whlinder said:

Fuck off Yale

It wasn't even close. Revenge beat down. Fuck off @yaledawg.