Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Duck's are America's Team?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Apparently Oregon doesn't have a lot of haters and their only rival really is the Beaves. We all know the SEC isn't known for its academis, but wow...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/who-deserves-to-be-called-americas-team-cfb-2018/

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Couldn't finish the article. Dude definitely has P12 dialed in.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

That is about the most shit article I've ever read.

Miami ? America's team? Uh, no. Never. And I like it that way.

Oregon? Seriously? Also, the Oregon/Washington rivalry may be the best in the Pac (arguably at least) and he didn't even know that?

I honestly believe that 80% of this board could write sports blogs for a living and get away with it. Like, for serious. We could actually do it.

Those that can't teach write sports blogs.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,700
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Oregon? Seriously? Also, the Oregon/Washington rivalry may be the best in the Pac (arguably at least) and he didn't even know that?

I honestly believe that 80% of this board could write sports blogs for a living and get away with it. Like, for serious. We could actually do it.

Those who that can't teach write sports blogs.
    Please to be demonstrating the Engrish from the perspective of a son of immigrants.

Damn it rowboat. The grammars!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

Please to be demonstrating the Engrish from the perspective of a son of immigrants.

Sorry. I got the quote wrong. It's "Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym."
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,700
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Writing a sports blog pays less than pumping gas for just that reason.
    Good to know!
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    I have been very surprised at the amount of people that will talk about the Ducks with me randomly in public whenever I have a shirt or a hat on. I guess when your team wins the NC 90% of the time shit gets boring. What do Bama fans talk about?

Is our head coach awesome? Yes
    Will this recruit pan out? Yes
    Will we beat everyone? Yes

There is no guess work anymore. They had a down year in 2017 and won the NC. What does a good year look like?
  • JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sorry. I got the quote wrong. It's "Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym."
    The legend of the rent, is way hardcore...
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    JECAR said:

The legend of the rent, is way hardcore...

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Did Mooster or Hondo write that article? Jesus Christ...
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

T's and P's to our resident prof(s).
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Both of you left out the all important comma.
  • LeachNeedsMoreTimLeachNeedsMoreTim Member Posts: 190
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes