Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My thoughts on the class so far (long)

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

Boobs taps out and J subs in. Need to hit our mental illness quota I guess.

Boobs is one of the most knowledgeable football posters on this site.

He gets it.

And if we're gonna make fun of mental illness after what happened to the WSU QB, I am OUT. Not classy.
    Tierbs is the best cuog on this bored.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boobs was funny before he came down with TDS.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Boobs was funny before he came down with TDS.

TDS?
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bringing this shit thread back on topic, am I the only one who feels underwhelmed thus far with this class? Or, am I completely off base?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    tvoie said:

Bringing this shit thread back on topic, am I the only one who feels underwhelmed thus far with this class? Or, am I completely off base?

naw, u are just retarded like most of us. pretty solid class so far in IMO.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    tvoie said:

It feels like any momentum that UW had for recruiting died harder then Ballsdeep trying to make a point. And what in the world is drawing kids to Oregon right now?
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

tvoie said:

It feels like any momentum that UW had for recruiting died harder then Ballsdeep trying to make a point. And what in the world is drawing kids to Oregon right now?
    It flatters me that you go and find this post so frequently. Stop being so obsessed with me.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

tvoie said:

It’s sort of underwhelming in that there's only one kid the TBS sites love and our resident TBS sexperts don't love him. Fabiculanan is the only DDY 3/247 top 300 and even he is only a 3* on other sites. IIRC Kalepo and Cam Davis are DDY 3's/247 4*. But that's it for kids that *REALLY* excite you.

Then there's kids like Paama and Taj Davis who *WE* love but the sites don't (opposite of Morris). Then there's the back of the class yawners like Ah You and Tuputala. And there's a JUCO OL and a Kicker.

We? are in on a ton of guys who could make us BRBYO, and I think we're going to get a number of them. The commit list right now doesn't move the needle as much. But I think it's a solid set of commits and the next 10 will be more exciting than the first 11.
    Agree.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

tvoie said:

It’s sort of underwhelming in that there's only one kid the TBS sites love and our resident TBS sexperts don't love him. Fabiculanan is the only DDY 3/247 top 300 and even he is only a 3* on other sites. IIRC Kalepo and Cam Davis are DDY 3's/247 4*. But that's it for kids that *REALLY* excite you.

Then there's kids like Paama and Taj Davis who *WE* love but the sites don't (opposite of Morris). Then there's the back of the class yawners like Ah You and Tuputala. And there's a JUCO OL and a Kicker.

We? are in on a ton of guys who could make us BRBYO, and I think we're going to get a number of them. The commit list right now doesn't move the needle as much. But I think it's a solid set of commits and the next 10 will be more exciting than the first 11.
    You're saying all the same shit I already said in the kicker "WOOF" thread you fat idiot. What the fuck are you smoking? You down vote my shit and then say the same exact shit yourself?

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I think we should recruit some of these French guys to play running back. Everyone KNOWS you don't need to coach running backs. FAST STRATEGY!!!!1

I don’t mind stupid posts that are idiotic and troll-y, but at least be funny.
    I'm being completely serious, Dennis! We are missing a HUGE pool of fast strategy recruits in Africa. So what if they've never played? Just sign them up and let them rip it brah! Instant supply of Heisman winners! Surprised no one has thought of it yet!!!
    I would appreciate this if it was actually funny, but since it's not... That's not even what I said. I said being a good runner is mostly talent. Athleticism is part of that, but it's not the only thing. Jomon Dotson is athletic, but a shitty RB.

Gaskin is a decent athlete, but he doesn't have elite speed or size. However he is a really instinctive and agile runner, and he's tough. He would've suceeded here with any coach. My whole point is we need a coach who can recruit players with that kind of talent.

If you think we can just luck into another Gaskin, or luck into underrated local recruits every year, and thus recruiting doesn't matter... Then you're even dumber than you pretend to be when you're "trolling".
    Ummm... Show me a vid of Gaskin getting caught from behind. And wasn’t He a champion sprinter in HS as well. Us? Cougs judge our recruits by other offers because a few short years ago, we rarely got guys that HAD other PAC 12 offers and some with no D1 offers.

Champion programs don’t care about that shit. They offer the best guys for their programs and the other offers for them come in after that. Stanford doesn’t care who else offered their recruits and they usually end up top 15-20 too.

You had enough talent to make the playoff last year, you just don’t have the QB. You all showed a video of your favorite whipping Boy against ASU and I saw maybe 2 plays that He could have done better. You had the talent, maybe still do. But unless your QB play improves, it will be the same season as last.

dnc said:

tvoie said:

You're saying all the same shit I already said in the kicker "WOOF" thread you fat idiot. What the fuck are you smoking? You down vote my shit and then say the same exact shit yourself?

New Bored motto???
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I think we should recruit some of these French guys to play running back. Everyone KNOWS you don't need to coach running backs. FAST STRATEGY!!!!1

I'm being completely serious, Dennis! We are missing a HUGE pool of fast strategy recruits in Africa. So what if they've never played? Just sign them up and let them rip it brah! Instant supply of Heisman winners! Surprised no one has thought of it yet!!!
    I would appreciate this if it was actually funny, but since it's not... That's not even what I said. I said being a good runner is mostly talent. Athleticism is part of that, but it's not the only thing. Jomon Dotson is athletic, but a shitty RB.

Gaskin is a decent athlete, but he doesn't have elite speed or size. However he is a really instinctive and agile runner, and he's tough. He would've suceeded here with any coach. My whole point is we need a coach who can recruit players with that kind of talent.

If you think we can just luck into another Gaskin, or luck into underrated local recruits every year, and thus recruiting doesn't matter... Then you're even dumber than you pretend to be when you're "trolling".
    Ummm... Show me a vid of Gaskin getting caught from behind. And wasn’t He a champion sprinter in HS as well. Us? Cougs judge our recruits by other offers because a few short years ago, we rarely got guys that HAD other PAC 12 offers and some with no D1 offers.

Champion programs don’t care about that shit. They offer the best guys for their programs and the other offers for them come in after that. Stanford doesn’t care who else offered their recruits and they usually end up top 15-20 too.

You had enough talent to make the playoff last year, you just don’t have the QB. You all showed a video of your favorite whipping Boy against ASU and I saw maybe 2 plays that He could have done better. You had the talent, maybe still do. But unless your QB play improves, it will be the same season as last.
    That's what you took from that post? I wasn't shitting on Gaskin. I fucking love Gaskin. I loved Gaskin as a recruit. My whole fucking point is that we can't expect underrated three-stars like Gaskin and Rapp to fall in our lap every year. We have to win battle for highly rated recruits, too.

But since you want to twist what was basically an aside in my post: Who cares if he was an elite sprinter in high school? Is he an elite sprinter in college? Didn't fucking think so. Do you also care about high school stats? Because by that metric, your boy Browning is fucking elite.

Hey everyone! Salemcoog just said Browning is elite! That's not a twist either, that's a direct quote! Everyone point and laugh! Fucking dipshit.
    edited July 2018

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

That's what you took from that post? I wasn't shitting on Gaskin. I fucking love Gaskin. I loved Gaskin as a recruit. My whole fucking point is that we can't expect underrated three-stars like Gaskin and Rapp to fall in our lap every year. We have to win battle for highly rated recruits, too.

But since you want to twist what was basically an aside in my post: Who cares if he was an elite sprinter in high school? Is he an elite sprinter in college? Didn't fucking think so. Do you also care about high school stats? Because by that metric, your boy Browning is fucking elite.

Hey everyone! Salemcoog just said Browning is elite! That's not a twist either, that's a direct quote! Everyone point and laugh! Fucking dipshit.
    So you couldn’t find any vids of Gaskin being caught from behind then.