Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kasen Williams, ASJ, Kavario

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2018
    Mad_Son said:

This shows that even 5*s need to pick the right coach.

It also shows that we’re bad at remembering who were actually five stars. Kasen wasn’t. Izbicki wasn’t. I don’t think Middleton was. ASJ probably was.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,074
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

It also shows that we’re bad at remembering who were actually five stars. Kasen wasn’t. Izbicki wasn’t. I don’t think Middleton was. ASJ probably was.
    I didn't remember Izbicki being 5 but I thought Kasen was. My point remains that talent alone is not enough. Being talented and working hard is not enough.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Kasen was on scout at least, as was ASJ. Middleton and Izbicki were high 4* I think.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Kasen was on scout at least, as was ASJ. Middleton and Izbicki were high 4* I think.
    Kavario was definitely a 5 at some point
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Back when eDuck was tolerable we used to constantly make fun of the King County All-Stars and how shitty they always ended up.

Is Cody Bruns a senior yet? I still haven't seen him play.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster do you not have any real-life friends or family you can hang out with when you hit the sauce?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Izbicki was a joke ranking. He was a decent HS TE that wasn't even dominant. Somewhat fat and slow. He was no different or better than the kids that Central would sign.

A kid on my high school team used to get articles written about him by Fetters. The kid was 6'4" 220 and looked good at underwear camps. He didn't even start for a .500 high school team. He was terrible. The rankings used to be a total joke (still are, but they are better) and kids that's didn't go to the camps were not ranked.

Kavario had great hands but probably ran a 5.2 40. That's no 5 star prospect.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster do you not have any real-life friends or family you can hang out with when you hit the sauce?

I don't drink. I'm sorry. I'll let you guys bask in your one year run. I remember spirits were high in Husky land before the 2002 season also.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam

Izbicki was a joke ranking. He was a decent HS TE that wasn't even dominant. Somewhat fat and slow. He was no different or better than the kids that Central would sign.

A kid on my high school team used to get articles written about him by Fetters. The kid was 6'4" 220 and looked good at underwear camps. He didn't even start for a .500 high school team. He was terrible. The rankings used to be a total joke (still are, but they are better) and kids that's didn't go to the camps were not ranked.

Pics of him in underwear?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Pics of him in underwear?
    Unclad?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Such kill yourself, J

Maybe I will.
    Cry for help or CTE?
    He hasn't logged on since this day. Maybe it WAS a cry for help.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Mosster47 said:

I don't drink. I'm sorry. I'll let you guys bask in your one year run. I remember spirits were high in Husky land before the 2002 season also.
    LEAVE!! !
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This shithole will pin anything

People like me.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

PurpleJ said:

Huh? Both ASJ and pre-injury Kasen were great college players. And that was while half-assing it under Sark.

GREAT?!?!?!

How many conference titles did they win?
    A tight end or receiver has to win a title to be considered great? That's a tough criteria.

I don't think Williams comes close to earning a great label though. He was just good, and came nowhere near to living up to his hype and lofty recruiting ranking. That's because he was overrated. Way too slow.

ASJ, on the other hand comes pretty damn close. He put up huge stats and was, at least at times, a great run blocker.
    They're all loser Sark pussies. At very least win the conference while you're here, and maybe we can talk about GREAT. Jerramy was a GREAT UW TE. Idgaf about individual awards. I care about WINNING.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

chuck said:

PurpleJ said:

Huh? Both ASJ and pre-injury Kasen were great college players. And that was while half-assing it under Sark.

GREAT?!?!?!

A tight end or receiver has to win a title to be considered great? That's a tough criteria.

I don't think Williams comes close to earning a great label though. He was just good, and came nowhere near to living up to his hype and lofty recruiting ranking. That's because he was overrated. Way too slow.

ASJ, on the other hand comes pretty damn close. He put up huge stats and was, at least at times, a great run blocker.
    They're all loser Sark pussies. At very least win the conference while you're here, and maybe we can talk about GREAT. Jerramy was a GREAT UW TE. Idgaf about individual awards. I care about WINNING.
    An individual receiver or TE is not making the difference between 7 and 11 wins. Blaming individual players for Sark's mediocrity is stupid.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

PurpleJ said:

chuck said:

PurpleJ said:

GREAT?!?!?!

An individual receiver or TE is not making the difference between 7 and 11 wins. Blaming individual players for Sark's mediocrity is stupid.
    I'm not blaming anyone! I'm merely clarifying the difference between GOOD and GREAT.

But yes, ASJ is a drunk pussy Sark recruit and probably didn't deserve the Mackey anyways. No idea who else would have won it. Must have been a down year. Give me a tuff winner drunk like Jerramy any day of the week. That Rose Bowl performance was TRUE greatness. WOOF!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

John Ross, the greatest Sark recruit, was worth two wins for what it's worth.

Worth 3 under Peterman.