Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Bandes, 4* 2019 DT, Pittsburg (HS), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

“I’m visiting December 15th”, he said, “I had talked to Coach Malloe about coming up during a game weekend, but he said he’d rather have it so he could spend more time with me and they don’t usually like to have guys there on game weekends.”

Same weekend Apu Ika will be here and word on the street is Malloe is trying to get Faatui to come in same weekend. Believe in an update awhile back I saw Malloe was planning on using the same weekend to give Pa'ama his official, and I expect many of the other commits to come in that weekend as well.

Sounds to me an awful lot like the December 15th, 2017. Visitor list that weekend:

Ale, Gordon, Kaho, Culp, Sirmon x2, Ozzy, Dom, Spiker. Ended up working nicely for Kaho and Gordon.

Faatui is a major longshot. But a class of Pa'ama, Ngalu, and Ika/Bandes (why not both?).... To add to Bynum, Mosiah, Taki, and Tuli?

Why is Tuitele a long shot? I don't really see it that way, honestly.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

“I’m visiting December 15th”, he said, “I had talked to Coach Malloe about coming up during a game weekend, but he said he’d rather have it so he could spend more time with me and they don’t usually like to have guys there on game weekends.”

Same weekend Apu Ika will be here and word on the street is Malloe is trying to get Faatui to come in same weekend. Believe in an update awhile back I saw Malloe was planning on using the same weekend to give Pa'ama his official, and I expect many of the other commits to come in that weekend as well.

Sounds to me an awful lot like the December 15th, 2017. Visitor list that weekend:

Ale, Gordon, Kaho, Culp, Sirmon x2, Ozzy, Dom, Spiker. Ended up working nicely for Kaho and Gordon.

Faatui is a major longshot. But a class of Pa'ama, Ngalu, and Ika/Bandes (why not both?).... To add to Bynum, Mosiah, Taki, and Tuli?

Years of training myself not to expect nice things keeps me from dreaming of Pa'ama, Ngalu, Ika, Bandes, AND Faatui.

But if he fucking wants to come here and Malloe ascends to Lake Da God level..... Then I can start learning to have nice things.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2018
    We are only losing three D-lineman to graduation. So probably a max of four in this class if the right guys want in. The dream is to get Stephon Wright and Faatui Tuitele and then go all in on Ika. I love me some Bandes but I don't see a need to take two NT types if Ika wants in.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

I think it’s gotta be us or Bama for him. And being 2000 miles closer doesn’t hurt. How much does the Tua factor work in their favor is the question.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I think it’s gotta be us or Bama for him. And being 2000 miles closer doesn’t hurt. How much does the Tua factor work in their favor is the question.
    I don't think it's a factor. He said he's not going to choose a school based on that school having other Poly guys. If the Poly thing was a factor for him he wouldn't have eliminated SC. His top 5 is a list of elite coaches who have job security and are proven developers of talent. That's probably the biggest factor for him. After that it will probably be where he feels most comfortable which makes me think UW because of the relationships he's built with the coaches.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,288
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Jacob Bandes, the No. 6 defensive tackle in the country by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, was stellar during the individual drills and then in the 1on1's. Bandes actually spent a lot of time receiving instruction from Outland Trophy Award winner Ed Oliver, who is one of the counselors this week and then got to work against Oliver holding a pad and wasn't trying to make it easy against the defensive linemen, holding his ground to make the linemen work. In the 1on1's, he used his quick first step, variety of moves and his strength to get off his blocks and get into the backfield. Bandes was the Alpha Dog at The Opening Bay Area, earning his invitation to The Finals and is off to a great start in Frisco. Hometown Cal plus Colorado, Illinois, Washington and Washington State are among the schools sticking out to Bandes.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    dnc said:
    I like to think he read the thread and is specifically telling Ballz to go fuck himself.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Years of training myself not to expect nice things keeps me from dreaming of Pa'ama, Ngalu, Ika, Bandes, AND Faatui.

But if he fucking wants to come here and Malloe ascends to Lake Da God level..... Then I can start learning to have nice things.
    Just handicapping all these recruitments, I don't see a way we end up without a beastly DT class.

Ika is us, USC and Bama. USC wants him, but we got Taki from his HS. I don't think he's coming to UW, but I think he will make both USC and Bama work.

Wright is another kid I think we have a great shot with.

Tuitele has us and a bunch of schools that are a million miles away. Malloe fucks and we have a serious Poly/HI pipeline going right now.

Bandes - where's he going to fucking go? Cal? UCLA? USC will try with him as well and they might get him.

USC is probably going to get Pola-Mao and Drake Jackson (who they will play at DE, but we'd play at DT), Keyon Ware-Hudson is a guy they might try to flip too. They are already out of it for Tuitele.

So - when I look at all this, I see something generally really positive.
    When you go away for two weeks, and this is the Dennis you come back to, you have to question everything you know about life and the universe. Or wonder if you are still strung out.
    Keep digging, there were a few meltdowns
    Few?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’m really conflicted on Bandes. He’s an undersized, not physically imposing DT who isn’t being heavily recruited by a lot of big programs despite his high TBS rankings (which is a big red flag for me).

But he consistently dominates in these camps. On film, his first step is insanely explosive and he knifes through the LOS with ease. He reminds me a lot of Aaron Donald in that regard.

Malloe seems to be in a good spot for Ika, Tuitele, and Wright as well... have to wonder what his priority rank is for these 4 at this point
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kid just killed it at the opening. Gotta love the bowling ball DT's. Looking at twitter it looks like he really likes UW. Hope the momentum carries to a commitment.