Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Zach Charbonnet, 4* 2019 RB, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA (Offered)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

Some quotes from Biggins on ZC:

What to Like: Charbonnet is a big back with speed and power and checks off all the boxes in what you’re looking for in an every down running back. He’s not just a big back at 6-2, 215 pounds, he runs hard. He’s a between the tackles banger who never goes down on first contact and is always falling forward for extra yards. He also flashes some plus top end speed and can run away from a defense. He’s a decisive runner who doesn’t try and juke and dance too much but is all about getting up the field. Saying that, he does have some wiggle to him, can you miss in the open field and runs with a lot more fluidity then most 215+ pound backs. He also runs with good pad level, again something you don’t see a lot with 6-2 H.S running backs. He has a very good natural feel for the position and shows instincts and hole awareness. Some backs have a nose for the pile, Charbonnet has a nose for finding a seam and then exploding through it. He catches the ball well out of the backfield and should be a threat in the passing game. He’s an every down back who will never need to leave the field and barring an injury, has all the tools and makeup to play early in his college career. He's a workhorse and the kind of back you can give the rock to 30 times in a game and he can wear down a defense.

And he's committed to Cal. Fuck.
    Wait what?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Some quotes from Biggins on ZC:

What to Like: Charbonnet is a big back with speed and power and checks off all the boxes in what you’re looking for in an every down running back. He’s not just a big back at 6-2, 215 pounds, he runs hard. He’s a between the tackles banger who never goes down on first contact and is always falling forward for extra yards. He also flashes some plus top end speed and can run away from a defense. He’s a decisive runner who doesn’t try and juke and dance too much but is all about getting up the field. Saying that, he does have some wiggle to him, can you miss in the open field and runs with a lot more fluidity then most 215+ pound backs. He also runs with good pad level, again something you don’t see a lot with 6-2 H.S running backs. He has a very good natural feel for the position and shows instincts and hole awareness. Some backs have a nose for the pile, Charbonnet has a nose for finding a seam and then exploding through it. He catches the ball well out of the backfield and should be a threat in the passing game. He’s an every down back who will never need to leave the field and barring an injury, has all the tools and makeup to play early in his college career. He's a workhorse and the kind of back you can give the rock to 30 times in a game and he can wear down a defense.

And he's committed to Cal. Fuck.
    Wait what?
    It's a Michigan joke. Never mind.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

animate said:

What the fuck is kb doing? That's a bad look. A man's entitled to some rest and relaxation and teen sisters of recruits and all that shit.

But if you miss on Charbonnet you best be cancelling that trip and schedule some trips to California to double down on efforts.

Start of the dead period, sticking around isn't going to change anything.

Hopefully his ass is grass already anyway.
    Yeah, but still.

Honestly though, the whole "going on vacation is a bad look" narrative is idiotic. The reason that he should be fired is his track record which is looking worse and worse evry year.
    It's not a narrative. It's an observation. Just don't put up pics and shit, that's all. That's the bad look.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

animate said:

What the fuck is kb doing? That's a bad look. A man's entitled to some rest and relaxation and teen sisters of recruits and all that shit.

But if you miss on Charbonnet you best be cancelling that trip and schedule some trips to California to double down on efforts.

Start of the dead period, sticking around isn't going to change anything.

Hopefully his ass is grass already anyway.
    Yeah, but still.

Honestly though, the whole "going on vacation is a bad look" narrative is idiotic. The reason that he should be fired is his track record which is looking worse and worse evry year.
    Oh I agree. It’s his overall track record the past 5 years which has been underwhelming to say the least. It has nothing to do w/ this trip. All of the coaches are taking their last vacations before the season. However the timing of this one is particularly irritating due to ZC. Like Coker and DDY have stated; a bunch of pars and bogeys. Not one out of state birdy outside of Mcgrew who hasn’t shown much so far. He’s not the man for the job.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Fire his ass and hire Kaufman. He’s black, played at UW, played in the NFL, has connections in California, and would be a Romar type father figure without having to actual really coach (except RB’s).

I have no idea if he’d have any interest and there are probably a lot more qualified options, but he won coach of the year in California in 2016 and he’d crush recruiting.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Nip leaving the church and go recruiting and shit? Unlikely.

Unless he's got an opportunity to land at a church in the Seattle area.

Yeah, he would crush it for sure.

Pastor? Check.
    Someone kids look up to? Check
    Legit football credentials? Check.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    animate said:

Nip leaving the church and go recruiting and shit? Unlikely.

Unless he's got an opportunity to land at a church in the Seattle area.

Yeah, he would crush it for sure.

Pastor? Check.
    Someone kids look up to? Check
    Legit football credentials? Check.

Yea, I doubt he's leaving. I just threw the name out there. I assume he'd need to find another gig at a church, but at least his kids will all be high school age or older. Let's find him a church in central area.... somewhere close to Garfield to fix that issue, land Austin Jones, and get rid of Bonerpop. Don't see what is not to like.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dawgs206 said:

Fire his ass and hire Kaufman. He’s black, played at UW, played in the NFL, has connections in California, and would be a Romar type father figure without having to actual really coach (except RB’s).

I have no idea if he’d have any interest and there are probably a lot more qualified options, but he won coach of the year in California in 2016 and he’d crush recruiting.

I doubt he's leaving his church, but I'd be all for it. Pretty sure his twitter would give DDY @jecornel a heart attack.

#ChurchSchool
    #SermonSeekers
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm just waiting for Petermen to give Trump a football during a visit

Some here may not get this

• Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Charbonnet is a borderline 5 star in the latest 247, and Breece Hall is top 150

Fucking kill me
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Charbonnet is a borderline 5 star in the latest 247, and Breece Hall is top 150

Fucking kill me

We don't need good RB recruits. Bonerpop can turn a braindead sea lion into an All-Conference RB. He's an elite coach, you know.
This discussion has been closed.