Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

QPOTD

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

That seems about right. Oregon is at a disadvantage with weather, location, academics, and basically everything else, except for money and facilities. But money and facilities are fairly large aspects of a program's success.

There are only three factors in determining the ultimate success of a program. Unlike my expectations for UW football, these factors never change and never waiver. They are the IRON LAWS of College Football. Learn them. Live them. Love them.

Money. Location. Tradition.

Facilities are a function of money, by the way.
    Oregon has the easiest route to recruiting nationally due to their money.

I would probably argue that's their biggest advantage.
    Their money is a huge advantage. Their location is mediocre and their tradition is shit.

Not top 40.
    Tradition doesn't mean shit anymore. These kids could care less. Which is good for Washington, because sorry, you don't have tradition. Oregon doesn't either

Money and Location are huge though.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

But Oregon has an unlimited piggy bank at it's disposal. That resource is a massive selling point to coaches. Oregon being 17th is debatable, but saying it isn't top 40 is the DPOTW.
    Frankly I don't think either Oregon or Washington are top 40. Watching you guys have your daily pillow fight is cute. When a kewg jumps in trying to belong, it's down right precious.

You're all fighting over a collective 1/2 of a title.
    Fuck off

As a Duck, I give full credit to Washington's 1991 title. But you're right...Washington State is a once published dynasty.
    I chinned that and barely understand your poont. It's just fun to have you come out and play.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That seems about right. Oregon is at a disadvantage with weather, location, academics, and basically everything else, except for money and facilities. But money and facilities are fairly large aspects of a program's success.

There are only three factors in determining the ultimate success of a program. Unlike my expectations for UW football, these factors never change and never waiver. They are the IRON LAWS of College Football. Learn them. Live them. Love them.

Their money is a huge advantage. Their location is mediocre and their tradition is shit.

Not top 40.
    Tradition doesn't mean shit anymore. These kids could care less. Which is good for Washington, because sorry, you don't have tradition. Oregon doesn't either

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

But Oregon has an unlimited piggy bank at it's disposal. That resource is a massive selling point to coaches. Oregon being 17th is debatable, but saying it isn't top 40 is the DPOTW.
    Frankly I don't think either Oregon or Washington are top 40. Watching you guys have your daily pillow fight is cute. When a kewg jumps in trying to belong, it's down right precious.

Jesus fucking Christ - we're not top 40?

We're 19th all time in wins for Div I A. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins

Evidence trumps dumb, effeminate, non-manly opinions.
    [Washington's All-Tim Wins]**

** On the backs of the USS Beatme Intramural, UPS, Whitman and Washington Teacher's College teams. Thanks Gil Dobie!

Jim Jim Jimminy Christmas this fanbase takes itself seriously. What a somber bunch.
    Please forgive us. College Football didn't start until 1983. Christ.
    ... and,

getting all boned up about 19th all-tim and overreacting to my poast in the first place is super manly.

or it's not.

At least you got the old man to wake up from his nap.

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

We're 19th all time in wins for Div I A. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins

** On the backs of the USS Beatme Intramural, UPS, Whitman and Washington Teacher's College teams. Thanks Gil Dobie!

Jim Jim Jimminy Christmas this fanbase takes itself seriously. What a somber bunch.
    You'd kill for US(C) to have half as much respect for WSU as we do WASHINGTON, dammit
    This is true. You got me there.

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

I may be Oregon-esque in my date preferences, but you'll have to forgive me if I don't assign a lot of weight to the pre-television era. I'm unique that way.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

I may be Oregon-esque in my date preferences, but you'll have to forgive me if I don't assign a lot of weight to the pre-television era. I'm unique that way.
    Jeeze. You think Hyman Roth was watching Miami on TV in the late 50's, when plenty of college game were televised?

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

Jeeze. You think Hyman Roth was watching Miami on TV in the late 50's, when plenty of college game were televised?

Hyman didn't ask (weird noise) who gave the order. He knew Moe, knew he was headstrong, talking loud, saying stupid things, so when he turned up dead, Hyman let it go. And Hyman said to myself, ‘This is the business we’ve chosen! (weird noise again) I didn’t ask who gave the order! (weird noise again) Because it had nothing to do with business. (weird noise again)

Yes, he was watching the Canes. The guy was in Miami at the tim. Do you think he was watching Washington play Arizona Women's College? Keep up.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

Jeeze. You think Hymen Roth was watching Miami on TV in the late 50's, when plenty of college game were televised?

Swaye's Wigwam

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

Hyman didn't ask (weird noise) who gave the order. He knew Moe, knew he was headstrong, talking loud, saying stupid things, so when he turned up dead, Hyman let it go. And Hyman said to myself, ‘This is the business we’ve chosen! (weird noise again) I didn’t ask who gave the order! (weird noise again) Because it had nothing to do with business. (weird noise again)

Yes, he was watching the Canes. The guy was in Miami at the tim. Do you think he was watching Washington play Arizona Women's College? Keep up.
    Pretty sure it was a Notre Dame vs SC game. Never forget, Creep, that Washington made its bones when Miami was still going out with cheerleaders.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

Jeeze. You think Hymen Roth was watching Miami on TV in the late 50's, when plenty of college game were televised?

that'sthejoke.jpg
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

Such mooslum, OBK. NOC cares about intact hymens other than those guys.

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

Pretty sure it was a Notre Dame vs SC game. Never forget, Creep, that Washington made its bones when Miami was still going out with cheerleaders.
    I no, but making your bones with the local battleship intramural squad isn't very chinpressive.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

I no, but making your bones with the local battleship intramural squad isn't very chinpressive.
    True, but we won 2 @oregonblitzkrieg NTs ON THE FIELD between 1960 and 1984.

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

When your team starts making up titles from the past based on induction, reflection, manipulation and speculation, you know that your team has an inferiority complex and is trying to put lipstick on a pig.

But anyway, ....

Swaye's Wigwam

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Good call.

When your team starts making up titles from the past based on induction, reflection, manipulation and speculation, you know that your team has an inferiority complex and is trying to put lipstick on a pig.

But anyway, ....

I can't imagine how much the mean UW students must have bullied and picked on you, Creep, outside Kayne hall for this level of loathing of our? beloved Worshington.