Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018
    That seems about right. Oregon is at a disadvantage with weather, location, academics, and basically everything else, except for money and facilities. But money and facilities are fairly large aspects of a program's success.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018

That seems about right. Oregon is at a disadvantage with weather, location, academics, and basically everything else, except for money and facilities. But money and facilities are fairly large aspects of a program's success.

There are only three factors in determining the ultimate success of a program. Unlike my expectations for UW football, these factors never change and never waiver. They are the IRON LAWS of College Football. Learn them. Live them. Love them.

Money. Location. Tradition.

Facilities are a function of money, by the way.
    Oregon has the easiest route to recruiting nationally due to their money.

I would probably argue that's their biggest advantage.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

There are only three factors in determining the ultimate success of a program. Unlike my expectations for UW football, these factors never change and never waiver. They are the IRON LAWS of College Football. Learn them. Live them. Love them.

Their money is a huge advantage. Their location is mediocre and their tradition is shit.

Not top 40.
    Lol. I agree the article has Oregon (cal?) too high..but please name 40 programs that should be higher. That’s stupid af.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Their money is a huge advantage. Their location is mediocre and their tradition is shit.

Not top 40.
    Lol. I agree the article has Oregon (cal?) too high..but please name 40 programs that should be higher. That’s stupid af.
    Fuck off to educk. You're as servile as doogs are to USC. Oregon is a destination job, bitch.
  • AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Not top 40.
    I figured OBK would get whooshed here but I didn't expect it to be you. Or @AZDuck for that matter.

NYBEs

Not top 40.
    Tradition doesn't mean shit anymore. These kids could care less. Which is good for Washington, because sorry, you don't have tradition. Oregon doesn't either

Money and Location are huge though.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

But Oregon has an unlimited piggy bank at it's disposal. That resource is a massive selling point to coaches. Oregon being 17th is debatable, but saying it isn't top 40 is the DPOTW.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Not top 40.
    Tradition doesn't mean shit anymore. These kids could NOT care less. Which is good for Washington, because sorry, you don't have tradition. Oregon doesn't either

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

But Oregon has an unlimited piggy bank at it's disposal. That resource is a massive selling point to coaches. Oregon being 17th is debatable, but saying it isn't top 40 is the DPOTW.
    Jeeb jeeb jeebus.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not top 40.
    Tradition doesn't mean shit anymore. These kids could care less. Which is good for Washington, because sorry, you don't have tradition. Oregon doesn't either

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Oregon is legit top 25 easily because of 2009- 14 and money. I don't have a problem with this. I still think UW has a somewhat higher ceiling because location and better in-state talent pool. But until Pete wins a CFP game it's going to be hard for us to separate ourselves from the Quooks.

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Frankly I don't think either Oregon or Washington are top 40. Watching you guys have your daily pillow fight is cute. When a kewg jumps in trying to belong, it's down right precious.

You're all fighting over a collective 1/2 of a title.
    edited June 2018

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Frankly I don't think either Oregon or Washington are top 40. Watching you guys have your daily pillow fight is cute. When a kewg jumps in trying to belong, it's down right precious.

Fuck off

As a Duck, I give full credit to Washington's 1991 title. But you're right...Washington State is a once published dynasty.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Medz dialed in today for creep.

Not top 40.

Seattle>>>>>>>>>Eugene

Jesus fucking Christ - we're not top 40?

We're 19th all time in wins for Div I A. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins

Evidence trumps dumb, effeminate, non-manly opinions.
    [Washington's All-Tim Wins]**

** On the backs of the USS Beatme Intramural, UPS, Whitman and Washington Teacher's College teams. Thanks Gil Dobie!

Jim Jim Jimminy Christmas this fanbase takes itself seriously. What a somber bunch.