Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My thoughts on the class so far (long)

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I'll let you know in four or five years! Time will tell! Either way it will be interesting!

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

I'll let you know in four or five years! Time will tell! Either way it will be interesting!

If only there were some way to predict how classes will turn out.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Why even play the games at all? We can determine championships based on gold stars being handed out! The Ducks are back!

Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Why even play the games at all? We can determine championships based on gold stars being handed out! The Ducks are back!

Take it to the 'Alabama is doing it the wrong way' bored.
    Let's hire Sark as their head coach and see what happens to all that talent.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Irregardless it's fucking June and I trust the coaches. OKG!
    edited June 2018
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You might like to read this: https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-changed-college-footballs-recruiting-culture

I'll summarize: Saban thinks recruiting is the most important thing he does.

I'll summarize the relevance to this bored: Pete is much closer to Saban than to Sark.

I will do some extra math for you:

If you don't think recruiting matters, you are wrong.

If you are arguing 'what matters more' then you are a fucking idiot who doesn't understand simple path models of causation.

Most fucking Americans are so fucking retarded they cannot even conceptualize a world in which an outcome can have more than one variable affecting it... but it turns out...

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT

WAIR FOT IW

WAIT... JUST A LITTLE LONGER...

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!! WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOW!!!!

If you want to pass freshman stats, J, you might want to brush up on this super complicated conceptual model explanation that takes TWO WHOLE FUCKING PARAGRAPHS to explain.

http://mdcw.socsci.uva.nl/?p=55
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not denying that recruiting is important, but LIPO you homos.

Azeem, Gaines, Kevin King were all 3* recruits. Sounds like we should totally listen to the teen boy stalkers! They get it!
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you want to pass freshman stats, J, you might want to brush up on this super complicated conceptual model explanation that takes TWO WHOLE FUCKING PARAGRAPHS to explain.

http://mdcw.socsci.uva.nl/?p=55

I passed freshman stats in high school. FWIW.

Trying to quantify something that is qualitative is silly. So is using performance in high school to try to predict collegiate success. Good luck with that.
    Oh my fucking god - before you lose your mind over there... just hold on for a second.

I will draw you an analogy:

Imagine a stereo...

imagine there is music going into it at level 10. Imagine now we have a MAGIC KNOB...

That can either leave the music at it's level. Turn it up to 20. Or turn it down to 0.

In this case - WHAT MATTERS MORE - THE MUSIC OR THE KNOB?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh wait...

You can't quantify it because music is qualitative!!!!
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oh my fucking god - before you lose your mind over there... just hold on for a second.

I will draw you an analogy:

Imagine a stereo...

imagine there is music going into it at level 10. Imagine now we have a MAGIC KNOB...

That can either leave the music at it's level. Turn it up to 20. Or turn it down to 0.

In this case - WHAT MATTERS MORE - THE MUSIC OR THE KNOB?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh wait...

You can't quantify it because music is qualitative!!!!

What a silly analogy.
    I know you are the not the most ready for conceptual analogies so let me try to explain it to you a different way:

Imagine talent is rated on a scale from 1-5. (like stars - trying to make it easy on you)

And a coach can multiply the talent any where from 0-2.

What are the possible outcomes?

0-10.

Are you following?

I'll wait for your response. Let's see if we can get this one licked today.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018
    Dennis, you seem to like to write a lot just to state the obvious here. Coaching and talent both matter. Yeah, no shit Einstein. My point is that: a. It's fucking June and b: recruiting analysts are often wrong and stupid

See you in five years when the wins and losses tell me how good this class that hasn't even been signed is. Good luck the rest of the way!
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You might like to read this: https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-changed-college-footballs-recruiting-culture

I'll summarize the relevance to this bored: Pete is much closer to Saban than to Sark.

If you are arguing 'what matters more' then you are a fucking idiot who doesn't understand simple path models of causation.

Most fucking Americans are so fucking retarded they cannot even conceptualize a world in which an outcome can have more than one variable affecting it... but it turns out...

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT

WAIR FOT IW

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!! WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOW!!!!

I can't remember who it was(recruiting coordinator?) that either came from Georgia to our staff or went to Georgia from our staff but they said we essentially recruit using a similar process. One of the differences being that Peterman tries to be even more personal in the process which inevitably means fewer offers.

Georgia TBS's well
    It's so hard to explain things to morons because you need to be able to imagine something that is not actually in existence and think of the relationships between ideas.

It's fundamentally the thing that makes us different than monkeys.

I know this is hard.

Do you get the basic concept of this or not? Things can be caused by more than one thing.

that doesn't mean they aren't qualitative. Do you follow?
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know you are the not the most ready for conceptual analogies so let me try to explain it to you a different way:

Imagine talent is rated on a scale from 1-5. (like stars - trying to make it easy on you)

And a coach can multiply the talent any where from 0-2.

What are the possible outcomes?

0-10.

Are you following?

I'll wait for your response. Let's see if we can get this one licked today.

If you trust recruiting analysts to accurately judge it every time, then sure. Sure Dennis. Sounds foolproof.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT

WAIR FOT IW

I can't remember who it was(recruiting coordinator?) that either came from Georgia to our staff or went to Georgia from our staff but they said we essentially recruit using a similar process. One of the differences being that Peterman tries to be even more personal in the process which inevitably means fewer offers.

Georgia TBS's well
    Where are the fucking championships? I'll wait...