Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stacked Draft Tonight (Draft Thread)

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

You guys are fucking stupid. Doncic is un-fucking-real. He's the best European prospect to enter the NBA ever. He's the best player in Europe alreay and he's like 18. Fuck off.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio wasn't the best player on the best team in Europe. He was a back up who saw like 19 mins a game and averaged 4 ppg.
    This. If youre throwing out Rubio you havent seen Dončič play a second. Rubio had upside because he was really young and showed flashes. Dončič has upside becuase he's young and balls the fuck out.
    Wrong. Clearly missed the point.

Clearly
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doncic is 6' 6". He's not a unicorn because he has no physical traits that are rare talents.

I didn't say he was going to suck, but I think he's being massively overhyped.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trae Young is a good passer, averaged 8 assists and assist numbers translate really well to the NBA. If his shooting is real you’re going to have a top 10 offense with him.

His ceiling isn’t Steph Curry, it’s a poor mans Steph Curry. But that’s still really good.

This is starting to go the Tony Wroten argument route, but i'll bite. Young has outstanding vision, but he also is fucking lazy and tries to "look good" while passing vs just handle the ball. He literally averaged almost 6 TO's per game. That is unreal for college. He's young so he certainly can grow into his role going forward, but he's going to have to take care of the ball a whole lot better if he's going to be close to all-star. And He needs to be able to be serviceable on defense which i just don't see

I still don't get the argument of how he's going to get his shot off in the nba. He isn't curry or westbrook in terms of athleticism. Curry has been an injury concern with his size. I can't imagine how young stays healthy when he's that small.

BTW, he shot 36% from 3 and 32% in conference from 3. He now gets to move back and have guys far more talented guarding him. Should be interesting to see how that goes.
    I can't buy that Young won't be a knock down shooter. Those are not great percentages, but when I watched him, he had unlimited range and was Curry esche.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Doncic is 6' 6". He's not a unicorn because he has no physical traits that are rare talents.

He's 6"8 228 and plays PG. He moves well for his size too. He will be amazing. I love his film so much. Best passer in the class, can stroke it, rebounds, handles the ball very very well, ans bullies people to the rim.

He's 6"8 225 though.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Trae Young is a good passer, averaged 8 assists and assist numbers translate really well to the NBA. If his shooting is real you’re going to have a top 10 offense with him.

His ceiling isn’t Steph Curry, it’s a poor mans Steph Curry. But that’s still really good.

This is starting to go the Tony Wroten argument route, but i'll bite. Young has outstanding vision, but he also is fucking lazy and tries to "look good" while passing vs just handle the ball. He literally averaged almost 6 TO's per game. That is unreal for college. He's young so he certainly can grow into his role going forward, but he's going to have to take care of the ball a whole lot better if he's going to be close to all-star. And He needs to be able to be serviceable on defense which i just don't see

I still don't get the argument of how he's going to get his shot off in the nba. He isn't curry or westbrook in terms of athleticism. Curry has been an injury concern with his size. I can't imagine how young stays healthy when he's that small.

BTW, he shot 36% from 3 and 32% in conference from 3. He now gets to move back and have guys far more talented guarding him. Should be interesting to see how that goes.
    I’m not going to hold it against a 19 year old for trying to style a little bit passing the ball.

Turnovers are an issue but he also had an absurd usage rate. He had to do everything for that team, turnovers were going to happen.

Defense is an another problem. I don’t buy that being a big deal though until late rounds in the playoffs. The Celtics has a good defense with IT. Portland wins 40 something games every year with both guards sucking at defense. Harden can’t guard anyone. The Cavs sucked at defense. If Young’s biggest problem is deep in the playoffs his defense gets exposed, you’re in a ok spot.

I wouldn’t attribute Curry’s injury history to size. Plenty of small guys have had long careers. Iverson was tiny. It’s not the NFL.

As far as him not being able to get his shot, I thought James Harden would be a bust. I watched him in college and he’d drive into the lane throw his arms up and get a foul call. I thought he’d never get those calls in the NBA and now he’s the MVP. My point is, if someone can do something in college projecting them to not be able to do it in the NBA is really tricky. They get better. Young will get better weight training, better practice and more practice. Maybe you’ll be right or maybe he’ll just get better at it.

I don’t think he’s a lock for anything. I just get what Atlanta sees. I’d prefer Doncic but I can see how Young succeeds in the NBA.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I’m not going to hold it against a 19 year old for trying to style a little bit passing the ball.

Turnovers are an issue but he also had an absurd usage rate. He had to do everything for that team, turnovers were going to happen.

Defense is an another problem. I don’t buy that being a big deal though until late rounds in the playoffs. The Celtics has a good defense with IT. Portland wins 40 something games every year with both guards sucking at defense. Harden can’t guard anyone. The Cavs sucked at defense. If Young’s biggest problem is deep in the playoffs his defense gets exposed, you’re in a ok spot.

I wouldn’t attribute Curry’s injury history to size. Plenty of small guys have had long careers. Iverson was tiny. It’s not the NFL.

As far as him not being able to get his shot, I thought James Harden would be a bust. I watched him in college and he’d drive into the lane throw his arms up and get a foul call. I thought he’d never get those calls in the NBA and now he’s the MVP. My point is, if someone can do something in college projecting them to not be able to do it in the NBA is really tricky. They get better. Young will get better weight training, better practice and more practice. Maybe you’ll be right or maybe he’ll just get better at it.

I don’t think he’s a lock for anything. I just get what Atlanta sees. I’d prefer Doncic but I can see how Young succeeds in the NBA.
    I don't mind the difference of opinion, i just think the path to your rosy outcome is far less likely than a midget guard succeeding in the nba.

I think my biggest issue is that they essentially took him a 3. Move him to later in the lottery or 9th or 10th maybe it's a little more palatable.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't mind the difference of opinion, i just think the path to your rosy outcome is far less likely than a midget guard succeeding in the nba.

I think my biggest issue is that they essentially took him a 3. Move him to later in the lottery or 9th or 10th maybe it's a little more palatable.
    Most likely he's some level of middling. I do think he has too much skill on offense to suck.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2018

You guys are fucking stupid. Doncic is un-fucking-real. He's the best European prospect to enter the NBA ever. He's the best player in Europe alreay and he's like 18. Fuck off.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio wasn't the best player on the best team in Europe. He was a back up who saw like 19 mins a game and averaged 4 ppg.
    This. If youre throwing out Rubio you havent seen Dončič play a second. Rubio had upside because he was really young and showed flashes. Dončič has upside becuase he's young and balls the fuck out.
    Being that every playoff take you had was wrong, I’m gonna put the Euro Donkey in the Kukoc column.
    salemcoog said:

So was Ricky Rubio.

Being that every playoff take you had was wrong, I’m gonna put the Euro Donkey in the Kukoc column.
    The absolute fakest of news.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    My prediction with this draft is a few picks could turn out really good, but they also might not. Either way, it won't be interesting.
    shout out to everyone in this thread who was right about Doncic

He's 6"8 228 and plays PG. He moves well for his size too. He will be amazing. I love his film so much. Best passer in the class, can stroke it, rebounds, handles the ball very very well, ans bullies people to the rim.
    Hey look I’m right again.

P.S i only point out the times i’m right!

Hey look I’m right again.

P.S i only point out the times i’m right!
    thats the entire point of the bored

@salemcoog
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I'd rather poont out the people who were wrong.

Hi @BleachedAnusDawg! Hi @PurpleThrobber!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Da fuq? I was busting on @BleachedAnusDawg.

I said Doncic wasn't the white Lebron. He's not. He's not Bird. He's a really nice player. Which is exactly what I said.

And his mom still has a fucking SPECTACULAR rack..

I hated on Trey Young. Still do. Can't stand his game.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Da fuq? I was busting on @BleachedAnusDawg.

I said Doncic wasn't the white Lebron. He's not. He's not Bird. He's a really nice player. Which is exactly what I said.

And his mom still has a fucking SPECTACULAR rack..

I hated on Trey Young. Still do. Can't stand his game.

"Rubio had the same hype.

Doncic isn’t even Kukoc."