Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stacked Draft Tonight (Draft Thread)

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doncic is not athletic enough, IMO. I would not put my franchise in the hands of a Euro if I was a GM who wanted to keep my job. The list of Euros who have panned out at a high level is very short.

Way to get out on a limb with that hot take. Please to be posting the list of American white boys drafted in the first round who panned out at a high level.....same thing.

That's not meant as a hot take, dipshit. If you're going to pick someone #3 overall they better be a franchise guy. I don't think Doncic will be that.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Doncic is not athletic enough, IMO. I would not put my franchise in the hands of a Euro if I was a GM who wanted to keep my job. The list of Euros who have panned out at a high level is very short.

Larry Bird wasn’t athletic or so they said ...

I’m pretty sure Cuban disagrees with you on the whole Euro thing ... it’s not like he’s got any past experience to use as a barometer
    Bird played at a position that demanded less athleticism and during a completely different era. I wouldn't stake my job on Doncic.
    I’m all about bashing the old guys and that teams today would smoke everyone from back then but you gotta get the fuck outta here with even hinting at Bird not being good in today’s NBA. He would tear shit up.
    Bird was essentially a stretch-4 and one of the best shooters in the history of basketball. That's much different than Doncic who'll have to go up against the most athletic guys on the court. Bird would be good today.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You guys are fucking stupid. Doncic is un-fucking-real. He's the best European prospect to enter the NBA ever. He's the best player in Europe alreay and he's like 18. Fuck off.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You guys are fucking stupid. Doncic is un-fucking-real. He's the best European prospect to enter the NBA ever. He's the best player in Europe alreay and he's like 18. Fuck off.

So was Ricky Rubio.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Way to get out on a limb with that hot take. Please to be posting the list of American white boys drafted in the first round who panned out at a high level.....same thing.

That's not meant as a hot take, dipshit. If you're going to pick someone #3 overall they better be a franchise guy. I don't think Doncic will be that.
    I bet there’s more number three picks who aren’t franchise guys than number three picks who are. Who was picked behind Doncic that you think has a better shit of being a franchise guy than him? Porter is the only one I see, and he has a much higher shot of being worthless. Doncic is at worst the fourth most likely franchise guy in the draft and he also has the highest floor. He’s not going to suck.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doncic is not athletic enough, IMO. I would not put my franchise in the hands of a Euro if I was a GM who wanted to keep my job. The list of Euros who have panned out at a high level is very short.</ <blockquote class="UserQuote">

Ayton is a beast. Doncic is going to be really good. A lot of other guys with high potential like Bagley and Bamba. I like Trey Young a lot. Hopefully there is a big trade.

I don't understand young or why anyone likes him. He literally could be one of the worst lottery picks of my lifetime. The fact he was essentially picked 3rd overall is fucking insanity. He's 6'1" and string bean. Nobody in the nba is going to let him do the shit he did(poorly) in college. He was a turn over machine in college and now has to go against superior talent. Nothing about his body or game makes sense for the nba. At best, he's going to have to mold himself into a pass first PG b/c he does have good vision, but his more than generous ego is not going to allow that. He will be such a defensive liability at all times that I just can't imagine how/why anyone would draft this guy for anything more than a bench guy.

I think he will be a good PG. Like you said, he does have good vision. I would have taken Doncic if I ran the Hawks, but I think Young will be an All Star at some point.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Trae Young is a good passer, averaged 8 assists and assist numbers translate really well to the NBA. If his shooting is real you’re going to have a top 10 offense with him.

His ceiling isn’t Steph Curry, it’s a poor mans Steph Curry. But that’s still really good.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio was never the best player in Europe. Never close.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio wasn't the best player on the best team in Europe. He was a back up who saw like 19 mins a game and averaged 4 ppg.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio wasn't the best player on the best team in Europe. He was a back up who saw like 19 mins a game and averaged 4 ppg.
    Rubio had the same hype.

Doncic isn’t even Kukoc.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio had the same hype.

Doncic isn’t even Kukoc.
    Doncic is 6"8 and is a PG. He's more like Petrovic than Kukoc lol. Kukoc was a 4/5. honestly he's a unicorn that you can't really compare him to anyone else. Bagley, Ayton, and Doncic will all be superstars. Shitpoast.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To be fair most of the Rubio hype came from Chris Mannix

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio had the same hype.

Doncic isn’t even Kukoc.
    Doncic is 6"8 and is a PG. He's more like Petrovic than Kukoc lol. Kukoc was a 4/5. honestly he's a unicorn that you can't really compare him to anyone else. Bagley, Ayton, and Doncic will all be superstars. Shitpoast.
    You were like minus 12 when Kukoc played Euro Ball. He was hyped as the next Magic.

Doncic is a nice player. He’s not the white Lebron.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2018

So was Ricky Rubio.

This. If youre throwing out Rubio you havent seen Dončič play a second. Rubio had upside because he was really young and showed flashes. Dončič has upside becuase he's young and balls the fuck out.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio had the same hype.

Doncic isn’t even Kukoc.
    You were like minus 12 when Kukoc played Euro Ball. He was hyped as the next Magic.

He's actually white Harden.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio had the same hype.

Doncic isn’t even Kukoc.

DONCIC IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE 2ND BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD AT 18. KRISTAPS PORZINGIS PLAYED LIKE NO MINUTES IN THAT SAME LEAGUE AND LIT IT UP HIS ROOKIE YEAR.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Trae Young is a good passer, averaged 8 assists and assist numbers translate really well to the NBA. If his shooting is real you’re going to have a top 10 offense with him.

His ceiling isn’t Steph Curry, it’s a poor mans Steph Curry. But that’s still really good.

This is starting to go the Tony Wroten argument route, but i'll bite. Young has outstanding vision, but he also is fucking lazy and tries to "look good" while passing vs just handle the ball. He literally averaged almost 6 TO's per game. That is unreal for college. He's young so he certainly can grow into his role going forward, but he's going to have to take care of the ball a whole lot better if he's going to be close to all-star. And He needs to be able to be serviceable on defense which i just don't see

I still don't get the argument of how he's going to get his shot off in the nba. He isn't curry or westbrook in terms of athleticism. Curry has been an injury concern with his size. I can't imagine how young stays healthy when he's that small.

BTW, he shot 36% from 3 and 32% in conference from 3. He now gets to move back and have guys far more talented guarding him. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

So was Ricky Rubio.

Rubio had the same hype.

Doncic isn’t even Kukoc.

Also, your age is working against you here. That league has gotten juuuust a bit better since Kukoč.

So was Ricky Rubio.

This. If youre throwing out Rubio you havent seen Dončič play a second. Rubio had upside because he was really young and showed flashes. Dončič has upside becuase he's young and balls the fuck out.
    Wrong. Clearly missed the point.