Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smiths are a group I need to get to know better. One of my buddies has 1st British pressings of all there LPs that I can borrow. That would be a good place for me to start I suppose.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Smiths are a group I need to get to know better. One of my buddies has 1st British pressings of all there LPs that I can borrow. That would be a good place for me to start I suppose.

Do it. The end of Morrissey/Marr was a sad day for music. Marr took what was basically old English folk music, sped it up and paired it with the poetic/artsy and closeted homo lyrics of Morrissey. The result was an upbeat, melancholy sound that no one else has been able to replicate since their break up in 1987. It's good chit man.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    That and Marr is just talented as fuck. He's played with like 5 bands since the Smiths, and made them all better. Morrissey hasn't aged so well.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,083
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not much of a Marr solo guy. Love the Smiths. To me he and Morrissey are like Van Halen / Roth, they are better together and the sum is greater than the parts. Imagine the money left on the table those clowns have left. Reunite, tour, and laugh all the way to the bank.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Listen to songs like London and This Charming Man, to say nothing of How Soon Is Now. Compare that to shit that's on Viva Hate. Marr also drove the bus for The The and Modest Mouse. He's an awesome musician.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    *Tim

otherwise, great chit duckboat