Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Standard For UW Football

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I actually agree chances are CP finishes his UW career more accomplished than DJ, but he's got a ways to go to get there.

We must keep fighting!!!

That’s the thing, he can absolutely get there. But he’s gotta fucking get after it exactly like he did last year in recruiting (but better) for the next 3-4 years, and whatever in game shit is necessary.

There is so much going right, so so much, we are so damn close. We’ll get there and it’ll be amazing when we do.
    I don't think he has to do better than last year. If we get 3-4 2018 recruiting classes, we natty, simple as that.
    I think you're basically right. I think last year with two additional guys is a Natty class: Togiai and Martin.

The only worry is that we are systematically under-recruiting at particular positions and that creates a weird roster. I guess I would say - last year's class is good enough if we get Martin.

But also - the catch here is that, for instance, next year - if we do what we SHOULD do, then we will be naturally higher because of Smalls, Hatchett, Ringo and the rest of our in-state class. But that would be 3 5-star guys.
    I'm not sure that we SHOULD get Smalls. Our history of getting 5 star in state talent sucks balls for as long as we have of tracking what actual 5 star in state talent is. On a national basis 5 stars aren't any more likely to stay in state than they are to leave home.

I agree we should get Hatchett and Ringo. Going three or three would be fucking insane.
    God - this is what I don't understand... WHY SHOULDN'T WE?!?!?

HE IS A FUCKING IN STATE KID WHO HAS US IN HIS TOP 3.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Why lower the fucking Standards?!?! We got Mike Lustyk. We can get anyone man. What does it hurt to set the expectations high? I really don't see it.

Of course we should get 5-star in state guys. Those are the only 5 star guys we ever get. If we improve our hit rate from 0% to 60% that would make us formidable.
    I think 60% is very realistic. I'd say even 75%. But Smalls is a top 5 player in the nation with to my knowledge no real UW ties. He's a 50-50 type kid at best.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

If UW can make the playoffs in year 3 with a dreck quarterback they are more than capable of winning a *national championship* without needing to get lucky with a Heisman level one.

This is one of the most retarded poasts I've ever read. You require a Heisman level QB to compete with a team like Bama. And even then you fall short, because your defense isn't SEC quality. And your lineman are nowhere near as gnarly as theirs. Everyone in every position on that team is the best of the best. Luck really would be the only shot you'd have of beating them. Or Auburn. Or most other SEC teams on any given Saturday.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seems like the majority of poasters expect the Pac12 championship or better. I'm not sure who is expecting less.

Man my avatar is really fucking gay. Fits like a glove though. BTW reading Coker, Dennis and DNC say that we are so close to winning big and that so many things are going right in our program has officially ruptured my penis. That is all.

haie said:

If UW can make the playoffs in year 3 with a dreck quarterback they are more than capable of winning a *national championship* without needing to get lucky with a Heisman level one.

This is one of the most retarded poasts I've ever read. You require a Heisman level QB to compete with a team like Bama. And even then you fall short, because your defense isn't SEC quality. And your lineman are nowhere near as gnarly as theirs. Everyone in every position on that team is the best of the best. Luck really would be the only shot you'd have of beating them. Or Auburn. Or most other SEC teams on any given Saturday.
    Only one SEC defense had a higher S&P+ rating than Washington's last year. Washington has had one of the best defenses in the country for three years running. HTH.
    Cool story bruh. We'll see how good your defense is in Atlanta. Or not. Either way it will be chinteresting.

The serious programs in the Pac-12 would appreciate if you step your game up in the future. We are tired of carrying the banner for the conference every year. And if you can't be better, just start the PAC PAC PAC chant in your stadium when you see our winning scores on your trac phones. You are an embarrassment to football. Win something you fucking losers!

Sincerely,

A PROUD Pac-12 fan
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Living in the past huh?

At least it's in color.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Does any of this matter with Browning at the helm?

Feel like elite QB talent is a must, to create a scenario that has the Dawgs competing for a National Championship.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What was the last Tier II program to win a national championship without an elite, generational QB?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

What was the last Tier II program to win a national championship without an elite, generational QB?

@billyjoecamaro and company

haie said:

dnc said:

whuggy said:

dnc said:

And the two "dawgs" who just chinned/upvoted a post that says how we could get a shot at our "first real title ever" need to wear grellow the rest of their lives. Fucking shameful.

Don't be so stupid. I been following the Dawgs about 30 years before you were even floating around in one of your two dads testicles. The Duck has it right. And we don't have an SEC Bama level defense. That's just ridiculous doogin.
    You seriously think UW has never won a real title?

W.

JW.
    Only hardcore doogs value something worthless like half of a trophy that wasn't actually wrested from the cold dead grasp of the opponent as he lay quivering on the field in a pool of his own vomit. Quooks like me are doing you guys a service, showing you what standards look like.
    Getting ass blasted by a blue blood with your best player ever at the helm sounds like a great standard to live up to!
    That is a look that works for the ducks. They're used to it.

Here is a a look that works for the Huskies. Beating Blue Bloods in big games. It's in the program's DNA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zR8_wOyQc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh3adBAzuh0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyunngXlfeM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cV6UPnG7Ow
    One of these games is not like all the others. Get to that game and then popoff. FYI Oregon decimated blue-blood FSU to get there. While UW got plungered by blue blood Bama in their only playoff appearance.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

@billyjoecamaro and company
    Tee Martin sez hi.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who gives a holy fuck shit what expectations are for next season the goal is always a NC get that or bust always
    Gimme a answer less than that your a puss.
    recruit alpha dominate alpha win title alpha
    Let's alpha this bitch
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

An elite, generational QB is a boost at any level, but winning big doesn't hinge on that. In fact there's maybe one or two of those in the NFL right now, and none in college. It's defeatist and unreasonable to assume that a team can't win big without one.

What becomes less tolerable for most teams is mistakes and ineffectiveness from that position. See Brownshorts as exhibit A. Pressure causes him to go full retard and he lacks the arm strength to stretch the field. In really big games, he's shown a propensity for spotting opposing teams unsurmountable scoring and field position advantages. That situation limits any team's chances of winning really big games. Even truly elite teams struggle with this, but they use their depth, coaching, and confidence to adjust in real time. See Nick Saban's mid-MNCgame solution to the problem.

What is needed for a team like the Huskies at the QB position is a a good to very good QB with enough mental toughness to avoid going full Brownshorts when the shit hits the fan, and enough arm strength to keep opposing defenses honest. Add a disruptive tough as nails defense, an O-Line capable of controlling the line of scrimmage, good to very good running backs, wide receivers and TE's, and they're winning big.