Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac 12 Conference Financial Problems Are Not

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Larry Scott's fault according to this article in USA Today that states the Pac12 is a clusterfuck. In fact, Wazzu President, Kirk Schulz even says "....Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott continues to do a great job for our conference.”

Water is wet.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Todd Turner was great, Mark Emmert was a GOOD President, Ty just needed more time, Pat Haden was great at USC. The list goes on and on of great administrators that anyone with half a brain and access to a computer have put down
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The directv thing is the main reason I think he sucks.

Night games and crappy slots I don't have a problem with because frankly he recognized the patheticness of PAC fanbases and knew that we would get smoked trying to compete with the big 10 or sec for viewership.

I dont even care that no one east of colorado can see pac games because no one east of colorado gives a fuck about the pac.

It's just retarded that bars IN pac 12 country cant show pac games.

I don't particularly care about the B1G or the SEC past Bama but since I have 4 B1G channels and the two SEC channels along with CBS and ESPN SEC games I end up watching parts of all of them as I whip it around on a Saturday

The same would be true if the PAC 12 were in everyone's face. Easterners would at least watch the top teams and know something about them

Yeah you'd get some casual viewers but not enough to make business decisions on.

Just having PAC on directv out west would be totally fine
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Todd Turner was great, Mark Emmert was a GOOD President, Ty just needed more time, Pat Haden was great at USC. The list goes on and on of great administrators that anyone with half a brain and access to a computer have put down

No one here will disagree with that.
    Haden has done more for UW athletics than any AD in the last 2 decades
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Night games and crappy slots I don't have a problem with because frankly he recognized the patheticness of PAC fanbases and knew that we would get smoked trying to compete with the big 10 or sec for viewership.

I dont even care that no one east of colorado can see pac games because no one east of colorado gives a fuck about the pac.

I don't particularly care about the B1G or the SEC past Bama but since I have 4 B1G channels and the two SEC channels along with CBS and ESPN SEC games I end up watching parts of all of them as I whip it around on a Saturday

The same would be true if the PAC 12 were in everyone's face. Easterners would at least watch the top teams and know something about them
    I only want easterners that are willing to stay up until 2 am to watch our games on ESPN and BLEED rainbow Pac-12 blood.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Larry Scott's fault according to this article in USA Today that states the Pac12 is a clusterfuck. In fact, Wazzu President, Kirk Schulz even says "....Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott continues to do a great job for our conference.”

Water is wet.

Translation: "I got my increase in TV money to renovate my shitty little stadium and that's all a coog AD can hope for."
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

He should have been fired the second he couldn't get OU and Texas. People with a vision rarely have success when they are asked for an alternate path.

Instead we are shackled to two shitty teams that meant the PNW gets USC once every World Cup, every game that doesn't start at midnight is on a network no one gets, and there is clearly no plan to make any real progress.

The Pac-12 today is closer to the Mountain West than it is to the SEC. He's doing a great job though.
    Mosster47 said:

He should have been fired the second he couldn't get OU and Texas. People with a vision rarely have success when they are asked for an alternate path.

Instead we are shackled to two shitty teams that meant the PNW gets USC once every World Cup, every game that doesn't start at midnight is on a network no one gets, and there is clearly no plan to make any real progress.

The Pac-12 today is closer to the Mountain West than it is to the SEC. He's doing a great job though.
    Bullshit. Oklahoma and Texas have no business in the pac

Mosster47 said:

Maybe, but neither does ASU and UA...
    WVU has no business in the Big XII, but they are there. Are we arguing that Colorado and Utah are better additions than OU and UT?

Do you hate money?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

Respect the business
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

WVU has no business in the Big XII, but they are there. Are we arguing that Colorado and Utah are better additions than OU and UT?

Do you hate money?
    Less money vs Oklahoma and Texas? Absolutely.

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Do you hate money?

That's faggy ASU talk there.
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Do you hate money?

Hey dipshit

ASU and au would be the ones stuck in the shit eastern division

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Do you hate money?

Hey dipshit

ASU and au would be the ones stuck in the shit eastern division
    Would that put a stop to the crazy amount of success ASU is having in the South? Oh wait....