Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dynasty Update

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Consecutive Finals Appearance Category

Boston 8-0

Warriors 3-1

Heat 2-2

Bulls 3-0

Bulls 3-0

Cavs 1-3

Era Appearances

Boston 11-1

Bulls 6-0

Lakers 5-4

Boston 3-1

Warriors 3-1

Heat 2-2

Lakers 1-8

Lebron 3-6

And the Warriors are still kicking

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Not sure which Boston era you are referencing with 3-1 ... assuming the 80s ... they were 3-2 during the decade
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018
    Eventually GS will tire out or not be able/willing to pay Thompson or Green. Durant eventually tries to win on his own again. That's my prediction.

They needed 7 games to beat Houston. They aren't as indestructible as most seem to think. They aren't going to get any better.
    Too bad for you that Lacob said that his goal is to resign both Klay and Green.

KD isn’t going anywhere until the run ends in 3-4 years and that’s only if he wants to go back home

The main reason the Houston series went 7 was because Iggy got hurt. The Warriors keep finding productive draft picks and will always be a destination for veteran players through this run.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Too bad for you that Lacob said that his goal is to resign both Klay and Green.

KD isn’t going anywhere until the run ends in 3-4 years and that’s only if he wants to go back home

The main reason the Houston series went 7 was because Iggy got hurt. The Warriors keep finding productive draft picks and will always be a destination for veteran players through this run.

I can’t wait for them to bring in the next Nick Young and have dumbasses tell me what a huge signing it is.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Not sure which Boston era you are referencing with 3-1 ... assuming the 80s ... they were 3-2 during the decade

I actually knew that even though pumpy and I don't google

Boston was 1-2 against the Lakers and 2-0 against the Rockets
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Boston dominated a league that was littered with white players. I bet they would have lost to the negro league
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since Boston ended up starting 5 Black players I doubt it
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Boston dominated a league that was littered with white players. I bet they would have lost to the negro league

STOP
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

The Warriors keep finding productive draft picks and will always be a destination for veteran players through this run.

This is/could be the key to any potential long term run. There are plenty of serviceable vets who would love to join a team at a low salary for a shot at a ring. The spurs seemed to regularly find talent that nobody else really wanted and it fit into their runs. GS could be the same thing.

The hard part for GS going forward IMO is that Durant green and curry all seem to be pretty eccentric. Having three of those types of personalities could really lead to issues as the years go on. We've already see durant cry like a baby that nobody loves him. There has been discussion about internal issues on this team and how it could have derailed a run. Who knows. They may implode before anyone really beats them.
    I think that the implosion and/or everybody retires is the long-term situation with them

For better or worse I think they think that all they have to do is turn the switch on in the playoffs. They all have a myriad of off the court interests on top of things. You never know what Draymond is going to do. Steph is going to get hurt at some point in the season. KD is going to do KD things. Klay is gonna Klay.

I tend to think the drama is as much with Kerr, his physical issues, and being able to reach these guys as anything else.

If LBJ goes to Houston that’s probably enough to get everybody back on the same page. The Lakers maybe. If he stays Easy they’ll coast through the season again. Ultimately I think Boston is going to be their biggest challenge and be the end of the Warriors dynasty.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I think that the implosion and/or everybody retires is the long-term situation with them

For better or worse I think they think that all they have to do is turn the switch on in the playoffs. They all have a myriad of off the court interests on top of things. You never know what Draymond is going to do. Steph is going to get hurt at some point in the season. KD is going to do KD things. Klay is gonna Klay.

I tend to think the drama is as much with Kerr, his physical issues, and being able to reach these guys as anything else.

If LBJ goes to Houston that’s probably enough to get everybody back on the same page. The Lakers maybe. If he stays Easy they’ll coast through the season again. Ultimately I think Boston is going to be their biggest challenge and be the end of the Warriors dynasty.

The regular season of the nba is the biggest farce in all of sports. None of these players take shit seriously during the season. They all know(especially vet teams), saving their legs and mental energy for the playoffs is what matters. Its why the spurs didn't care, the cavs haven't cared and the warriors were there this year where they just didn't give that much of a shit.
    The regular season matters for teams trying to gain the confidence to level up and for the teams that want to be shitty enough to get a difference maker in the draft.

But you’re right, the Warriors don’t give a shit about a throw away January game on the back end of a back to back against a shit Atlanta team. Now, when they may have a national TV game against a legit contender that has some dick measuring aspects to it, they MIGHT care as long as there aren’t injuries, etc going on
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,383
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Warriors lost 3 games by 40+ down the stretch this season. Clearly had a huge impact on their playoffs chances.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,707
    Founders Club
    fun fact: Michae Jordan never played in a NBA finals game 7
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

fun fact: Michae Jordan never played in a NBA finals game 7

The goat has. He was great in both of them.