Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Olive Branch Going Out

This is fantastic to see! Glad to see the coaches being proactive and working to solve some major issues...

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This is fantastic to see! Glad to see the coaches being proactive and working to solve some major issues...

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    dnc said:

You want to get a reality check about how bad our fucking talent on the OL is? Go watch the PSU game.

-Nick Harris is being abused like a Thai 7 year old in Spooge's dungeon.
    -Jesse Sosebee can't move.
    -Andrew Kirkland was playing which means that no one behind him is any good.

Who could have seen this crisis coming? Now Bain has a back injury and we are back to relying on guys who've never played to come in and be great. And you loser fucks are okay with it because you are all fucking doogs at heart!

"I TRUST THE COACHES!!" "WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT OL RECRUITING?!?! OUR 2016 OFFENSIVE LINE WAS GREAT!!!" "HEIL STRAUßER!!"

Fuck that. We've recruited like absolute dog shit.

I "like" Norgy and I really like Kirkland - but let's be real for a second about what a pants-shitting 2017's class was. We missed Fozzy, Austin Jackson, AVT and a million others. We refuse to take more than 3 OL in a class.

So, the good news is going into 2019 we have, as far as proven linemen go: Nick Harris. Who is terrible.

This is the thing you fucking morons don't get about recruiting. Even though I like certain players and not others, you need to sign a lot of top players every year. AND YOU CERTAINLY DON'T NEED TO SIGN THE SAME AMOUNT OF WIDE FUCKING RECEIVERS OVER A FOUR YEAR PERIOD THAN FUCKING OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (which we did from 2015-2018; actually, if you count Nik Little, it's one more WR than OLs over that period).

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE SIGNING SO MANY FUCKING WRs?!?! You'd think that we play more WRs per play than we do OLs, but last time I checked, we actually average 2.2 more OL per play than WRs.

The other fucking joke about this is that, on average, OL recruiting is more spotty than WR recruiting (unless you are recruiting shit-bag WRs like we were from 2014-2016). And it's easy for a guy like Joseph Ngata to come in be good (though with our overly convoluted offense, it's hard for anyone to come in and contribute), but it takes 3 years for an OL to be ready generally.

LAST YEAR WE SIGNED 3 WRs and 3 OLs even though the previous year, we'd gotten 3 big time WRs and 1 big time OL and two projects and our big time OL dude has a back problem and we could've offered Beresford and gotten him.

Think about that shit.

Then think about this - Joseph Ngata (if we sign him) will be very likely to be leaving for the NFL before Kalepo has been a full year starter.

Our recruiting numbers at WR make no fucking sense because we sign as many WRs as we do OLs and DBs, though we play 5 of each of those per play.

This is just one sign that Pete doesn't fucking get it. There are millions, but this is one.

You know what another one is? In-state recruiting.

First of all, we've lost every 5* big-time player in-state under Pete except Sirmon. And now, to make sure that we never get anyone good, we refuse to offer in-state players.

We are dragging our feet on DJ Rogers, who has offers from: LS FUCKING U, Arkansas, Nebraska and USC. And not us.

I assume it's just so we can piss everyone in-state off and keep the narrative of 'UW doesn't offer in-state players' alive and well because it's great for our program.

You fucking idiots always want to debate about offering Gee Scott and you can shove that bullshit up your stupid vages, but even you idiots cannot fucking deny that not offering DJ Rogers is a fucking nightmare.

The two biggest time players in-state (JT Tui and Savvy) are at a position where we can never sign anyone, but they are both 5* kids - and they are both already heavy Stanford leans.

Louisville just offered Quentin Moore, the TE/DE from Inglemoor.

We have no fucking plan. We are offering shit-balls from Arizona like Braelen Trice and ignoring everyone in-state and that will fuck us eventually.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS:

Our 2019 team could have been a great team if Pete was consistently committed to recruiting. We would have DJ Johnson back, we'd have a decent OL and have depth at places other than WR (though the WRs that are likely to play that year are all shit). But, we have one OL who we KNOW is going to be good next year. Watty. That's it.

On a team that could otherwise be a Natty contender. We fucking suck.

Pete said the other day that our young players flash, but need to be consistent. Well, fuck him. He needs to be consistent with recruiting.

FUCK OUR TEAM.
    I TRUST THE COACHES!!

WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT OL RECRUITING?!?!

OUR 2016 OFFENSIVE LINE WAS GREAT!!!

HEIL STRAUßER!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    To date, concerns about direction and/or strategy holes in the program have largely been addressed proactively. If anything as time has gone on, Pete’s attention to issues has been more aggressive.

It wasn’t a matter of IF the local issue was publicly addressed ... it was a matter of WHEN
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    Someone ought to tell Pete that he's not coaching in the WAC anymore. - Kent Griswold
  • Options
    WaSoonerWaSooner Member Posts: 11
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    J C time to shore it up
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Does this mean we can have Savell Smalls now?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Peterman do you read the boreds?
  • Options
    Balls_DeepBalls_Deep Member Posts: 64
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

You want to get a reality check about how bad our fucking talent on the OL is? Go watch the PSU game.

Who could have seen this crisis coming? Now Bain has a back injury and we are back to relying on guys who've never played to come in and be great. And you loser fucks are okay with it because you are all fucking doogs at heart!

"I TRUST THE COACHES!!" "WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT OL RECRUITING?!?! OUR 2016 OFFENSIVE LINE WAS GREAT!!!" "HEIL STRAUßER!!"

I "like" Norgy and I really like Kirkland - but let's be real for a second about what a pants-shitting 2017's class was. We missed Fozzy, Austin Jackson, AVT and a million others. We refuse to take more than 3 OL in a class.

So, the good news is going into 2019 we have, as far as proven linemen go: Nick Harris. Who is terrible.

This is the thing you fucking morons don't get about recruiting. Even though I like certain players and not others, you need to sign a lot of top players every year. AND YOU CERTAINLY DON'T NEED TO SIGN THE SAME AMOUNT OF WIDE FUCKING RECEIVERS OVER A FOUR YEAR PERIOD THAN FUCKING OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (which we did from 2015-2018; actually, if you count Nik Little, it's one more WR than OLs over that period).

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE SIGNING SO MANY FUCKING WRs?!?! You'd think that we play more WRs per play than we do OLs, but last time I checked, we actually average 2.2 more OL per play than WRs.

The other fucking joke about this is that, on average, OL recruiting is more spotty than WR recruiting (unless you are recruiting shit-bag WRs like we were from 2014-2016). And it's easy for a guy like Joseph Ngata to come in be good (though with our overly convoluted offense, it's hard for anyone to come in and contribute), but it takes 3 years for an OL to be ready generally.

LAST YEAR WE SIGNED 3 WRs and 3 OLs even though the previous year, we'd gotten 3 big time WRs and 1 big time OL and two projects and our big time OL dude has a back problem and we could've offered Beresford and gotten him.

Think about that shit.

Then think about this - Joseph Ngata (if we sign him) will be very likely to be leaving for the NFL before Kalepo has been a full year starter.

Our recruiting numbers at WR make no fucking sense because we sign as many WRs as we do OLs and DBs, though we play 5 of each of those per play.

This is just one sign that Pete doesn't fucking get it. There are millions, but this is one.

First of all, we've lost every 5* big-time player in-state under Pete except Sirmon. And now, to make sure that we never get anyone good, we refuse to offer in-state players.

We are dragging our feet on DJ Rogers, who has offers from: LS FUCKING U, Arkansas, Nebraska and USC. And not us.

I assume it's just so we can piss everyone in-state off and keep the narrative of 'UW doesn't offer in-state players' alive and well because it's great for our program.

You fucking idiots always want to debate about offering Gee Scott and you can shove that bullshit up your stupid vages, but even you idiots cannot fucking deny that not offering DJ Rogers is a fucking nightmare.

The two biggest time players in-state (JT Tui and Savvy) are at a position where we can never sign anyone, but they are both 5* kids - and they are both already heavy Stanford leans.

We have no fucking plan. We are offering shit-balls from Arizona like Braelen Trice and ignoring everyone in-state and that will fuck us eventually.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS:

Our 2019 team could have been a great team if Pete was consistently committed to recruiting. We would have DJ Johnson back, we'd have a decent OL and have depth at places other than WR (though the WRs that are likely to play that year are all shit). But, we have one OL who we KNOW is going to be good next year. Watty. That's it.

Pete said the other day that our young players flash, but need to be consistent. Well, fuck him. He needs to be consistent with recruiting.

FUCK OUR TEAM.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It’s almost as if the coaches know what their there doing and shit doesn’t happen overnight.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It’s almost as if the coaches know what their doing and shit doesn’t happen overnight.

@CuntWaffle is my shitty alt, I really develop the themes much better on @bananasnblondes.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

Think about that shit.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS:

FUCK OUR TEAM.
    I came.

Twice.