Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now that TSIO*O (*Officially), where will LeBron play next season?

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018
    Philly
    One big advantage Philly has is their energy. They have a bunch of younger guys that can give Lebron a breather on some offensive and defensive stretches. Also, Lebron should prefer playing in the East. Outside of the Celtics there isn't any team he'd have to compete with on a night in and night out basis. Unlike the West, where Golden State rules and you still have to deal with San Antonio, and the trending up Timberwolves, and Jazz. If Philly can shore up the shooting along with having Embiid and Simmons, this team could cruise up until the Eastern Finals. And if you put Lebron in Philly with a couple shooters along with what they have now, Golden State vs. Philly would be a coin flip. Also, imagine the length on that team as well...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Houston
    BaldwinIV said:

Lue is an idiot, duh. I love the anti-Bron narrative still clings to 'he WANTED this team and assembled it himself!', despite many reports stating Bron begged them not to trade Irving. I'm sure LeBron told Cleveland that he wanted 38 year old Kyle Korver to be the 2nd best player.

He'll go to the Lakers with Leonard.

Free agency is going to be more interesting than the finals.

Of course LeBron didn’t want them to trade Kyrie. He created the environment Kyrie wanted out of though.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Philly

One big advantage Philly has is their energy. They have a bunch of younger guys that can give Lebron a breather on some offensive and defensive stretches. Also, Lebron should prefer playing in the East. Outside of the Celtics there isn't any team he'd have to compete with on a night in and night out basis. Unlike the West, where Golden State rules and you still have to deal with San Antonio, and the trending up Timberwolves, and Jazz. If Philly can shore up the shooting along with having Embiid and Simmons, this team could cruise up until the Eastern Finals. And if you put Lebron in Philly with a couple shooters along with what they have now, Golden State vs. Philly would be a coin flip. Also, imagine the length on that team as well...

the west is down too now. not east bad but

gsw and...

rockets? coached by tardcake d'antoni and 34 yr old paul

spurs are ??? + when will pop retire

jazz pdx minn meh
    Houston
    Gladstone said:

gsw and...

jazz pdx minn meh
    East is still by far the inferior conference
    Founders Club
    Philly
    shoutout to @dnc this is a great thread. pretty sure nba twitter has driven me clinically insane. if i disappear it's because i decided to stab a random person on the street. brb.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Philly
    Trust LeProcess
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    Philly
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

gsw and...

jazz pdx minn meh
    East is still by far the inferior conference
    New Orleans would be a top 3 team in the East.

Founders Club
    Philly
    yeah i said the east is still worse d00ds, but the west kinda sucks too. the nba sucks. lebron definitely should stay in the east
    Houston
    Gladstone said:

yeah i said the east is still worse d00ds, but the west kinda sucks too. the nba sucks. lebron definitely should stay in the east

I don't think the west is really down though. It sort of was this year since San Antonio was out of the mix, but the Rockets were a better team than any non GS team the past 5 years, GS is GS, and you've got a ton of good if not great teams in the west: Portland, Utah, OKC, New Orleans, SA, Minnesota and Denver (who didn't even make the playoffs) would all be top 4 or 5 seeds in the east. It's just a much deeper conference. The Clippers finished tenth in the west and would probably have been no worse than 6th in the East.

There's just a lot more easy wins in the East, same as it ever was.

Try listing the best players in the game. How deep do you have to go before you get 2 players from the East? 5?

LeBron (1)
    KD
    Curry
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Westbrook
    Giannis (2)
    Towns
    Kyrie (3)
    Draymond
    Cousins
    Embiid (4)
    Klay
    Olapido (5)

And that's being pretty generous to Olapido after one great year.

The path is just much much easier in the East.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

Lue is an idiot, duh. I love the anti-Bron narrative still clings to 'he WANTED this team and assembled it himself!', despite many reports stating Bron begged them not to trade Irving. I'm sure LeBron told Cleveland that he wanted 38 year old Kyle Korver to be the 2nd best player.

He'll go to the Lakers with Leonard.

Free agency is going to be more interesting than the finals.

You actually believe that Kevin Love, JR Smith, and Tristan Thompson would have the contracts they do if it wasn't for LeBron?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think he stays in Cleveland. Hometown pride or some shit. The roster will be much different.
    Houston

I think he stays in Cleveland. Hometown pride or some shit. The roster will be much different.

That strikes me as giving up. Cleveland isn't beating Boston at full strength. Maybe not even beating Philly. I can't see him doing it.
    Founders Club
    Philly
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

I don't think the west is really down though. It sort of was this year since San Antonio was out of the mix, but the Rockets were a better team than any non GS team the past 5 years, GS is GS, and you've got a ton of good if not great teams in the west: Portland, Utah, OKC, New Orleans, SA, Minnesota and Denver (who didn't even make the playoffs) would all be top 4 or 5 seeds in the east. It's just a much deeper conference. The Clippers finished tenth in the west and would probably have been no worse than 6th in the East.

Try listing the best players in the game. How deep do you have to go before you get 2 players from the East? 5?

LeBron (1)
    KD
    Curry
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Westbrook
    Giannis (2)
    Towns
    Kyrie (3)
    Draymond
    Cousins
    Embiid (4)
    Klay
    Olapido (5)

you're right
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Race's Lakers
    The East has Brad Stevens

Nuff said on that

Cleveland is going to sign Durrant, The Pride of Moreno Valley, and George to play with Lebron
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    Philly
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LeBron (1)
    KD
    Curry
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Westbrook
    Giannis (2)
    Towns
    Kyrie (3)
    Draymond
    Cousins
    Embiid (4)
    Klay
    Olapido (5)

Paul too high.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write In
    Tacoma
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Houston
    Off-season is ALWAYS best season in the NBA. Nothing's changed with me!