Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now that TSIO*O (*Officially), where will LeBron play next season?

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited June 2018 in Payton's Place
LeBron obviously wants to knock off the Warriors, and that's the main thing he's going to care about in selecting his next team. As I see it, that means there four teams that HASWTG, but I'll list five plus Janet Reno since someone's probably going to argue for the Cavs:

Now that TSIO*O (*Officially), where will LeBron play next season? 33 votes

Houston
27%
Swayedncbiak1allpurpleallgoldUWerentThereManbackthepackBleachedAnusDawgUW_Doog_BotDoogCourics 9 votes
Boston
6%
79smoothdawgFreeChavez 2 votes
Philly
30%
ThomasFremontgreenbloodGladstonePurpleThrobberKaepskneeHuskyInAZhuskyhooligantheknowledgeNEsnake12jhfstyle24 10 votes
Race's Lakers
24%
RaceBannonCuntWaffleUWhuskytskeetYouKnowItTequillaDooglesBasemanFireCohen 8 votes
Cleveland
0%
Write In
12%
DerekJohnsonPurpleJhaieBlastDoor 4 votes

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Philly
    Gosh, looking at it strictly from W-L/chance-to-win-ship perspective, Boston makes the most sense. Irving + Ainge + Stevens makes that questionable though. Well said.

Philly.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Houston
    I voted for what I would choose.

Philly is interesting and if I was Lebron and 3 years younger I might go there.

Boston would be funny if Lebron was traded for Kyrie.

If he chooses the Lakers he’s basically deciding he’s more interested in life after basketball.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Houston
    #myRockets
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Houston
    Gladstone said:

Gosh, looking at it strictly from W-L/chance-to-win-ship perspective, Boston makes the most sense. Irving + Ainge + Stevens makes that questionable though. Well said.

Philly.

I think LeBron wants to beat GS badly enough that I think he could accept having a strong GM if that meant he had Boston's roster. And likewise I think he wants to win badly enough that he would say (and probably mean) all the right things about having a strong coach. But we're talking about a guy who has basically been his own coach for damn near 1400 NBA games,, suddenly relinquishing on court control is easier said than done. There's some things that are deeply engrained in him at this point that I don't think he can just turn off. Ultimately I think LeBron needs Boston more than Boston needs LeBron, and it will be the Celtics who say no because they see it being too much of an on court challenge, which is ironic since on paper LeBron fits the Celtics' roster better than anybody else's.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Houston

I voted for what I would choose.

Philly is interesting and if I was Lebron and 3 years younger I might go there.

Boston would be funny if Lebron was traded for Kyrie.

If he chooses the Lakers he’s basically deciding he’s more interested in life after basketball.

This is an interesting scenario.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Race's Lakers
    I picked the Lakers because that is what we are hearing here. That Lebron is ready for his post life

I love the Celtics idea. The thought of Celtic Fan saying how much he has always loved Lebron is awesome. And despite my well documented hatred of young talent I came away very impressed with Tatum. He wasn't afraid at all

Houston would mean rings
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Write In
    LeBron James to the Seattle Storm. Hardy har har
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Houston
    Houston for one season. Weak coach who doesn't know WTF he's doing, he's buddies with Paul. Also, no state income tax. LeBron should go full mercenary status for the next 3 seasons and pick the team he can push over the top each season.

Warriors are done if he goes there. Burnout from 4 straight trips to the Finals. They almost tripped over their own dicks vs Houston this year.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    Philly

Houston for one season. Weak coach who doesn't know WTF he's doing, he's buddies with Paul. Also, no state income tax. LeBron should go full mercenary status for the next 3 seasons and pick the team he can push over the top each season.

Warriors are done if he goes there. Burnout from 4 straight trips to the Finals. They almost tripped over their own dicks vs Houston this year.

so he can fuck up 3 franchises for the foreseeable future?

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houston
    I voted for Houston but after seeing the arguments Boston makes a lot of sense. Also, the East safety net and basically consolidating what talent there is in the East. I'll laugh my ass off if Kyrie gets unloaded in that scenario.
    Founders Club
    Houston
    dnc said:

Mods, please to be changing my vote to Philly. TIA.
    I got you pookie.
    Founders Club
    Houston
    dnc said:

Mods, please to be changing my vote to Philly. TIA.
    Also, what kind of loose cannon dip shit throws away a great career to snipe people on fake made up twatter accounts? That dude is stoopid.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Philly
    Colangelo couch sale opens the door for Philly to hire a GM that LeBron likes.

Playing with Ben Simmons could prolong LeBron’s peak by at least a season by taking a lot of the offensive pressure off of him. He doesn’t have to have he pressure of creating offense every possession... but will still be the primary scorer. Which will be huge for keeping his body healthy the more he ages.

The main reason I don’t think he’d work in Houston is that their system is too reliant on iso ball... too many possessions where LeBron wouldn’t even touch the ball.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Philly
    lol @ throwing his wife under the bus
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    edited June 2018
    Philly
    NEsnake12 said:

Colangelo couch sale opens the door for Philly to hire a GM that LeBron likes.

Playing with Ben Simmons could prolong LeBron’s peak by at least a season by taking a lot of the offensive pressure off of him. He doesn’t have to have he pressure of creating offense every possession... but will still be the primary scorer. Which will be huge for keeping his body healthy the more he ages.

The main reason I don’t think he’d work in Houston is that their system is too reliant on iso ball... too many possessions where LeBron wouldn’t even touch the ball.

Just name Lebron as GM/Player/Coach. Save a bunch of admin salary and they are all going to have to do what he says any how.

btw, Tyron LueFS/LebronPlayerCoachFS sucked dick last night. GS ran the slip screen for layups about 20 times with no adjustment.

• BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Lue is an idiot, duh. I love the anti-Bron narrative still clings to 'he WANTED this team and assembled it himself!', despite many reports stating Bron begged them not to trade Irving. I'm sure LeBron told Cleveland that he wanted 38 year old Kyle Korver to be the 2nd best player.

He'll go to the Lakers with Leonard.

Free agency is going to be more interesting than the finals.