Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ALL METAL NIT BRACKETS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIC is a great band but they are more grunge than metal. Lots of "bubble" bands we excluded for future tourney's as well. NIN & Marilyn Manson were two of Swaye's suggestions that ended up not in. I felt with a limited field of 32 you had to be pretty commonly considered "Metal" to get an invite. The only band that we included that I think is at all questionably metal is probably System of a Down(who I like) but I heard enough poasters ask for them that I went with it. They seem to be garnering enough votes to justify the decision.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

AIC is a great band but they are more grunge than metal. Lots of "bubble" bands we excluded for future tourney's as well. NIN & Marilyn Manson were two of Swaye's suggestions that ended up not in. I felt with a limited field of 32 you had to be pretty commonly considered "Metal" to get an invite. The only band that we included that I think is at all questionably metal is probably System of a Down(who I like) but I heard enough poasters ask for them that I went with it. They seem to be garnering enough votes to justify the decision.

To Doog Bot's credit, he took his time and got a lot of feedback before doing the brackets. I just banged 'em out in one day and said here you go fuck faces.
    To be fair, your way is the Hardcore Husky way. Specifically the fuck faces part.
    Also, all of my #1 and #2 seeds with one exception (i.e., #7 queen) made it to the Elite 8 and the Natty game was #1 vs #1 so I predicted with a high degree of accuracy who was going to make a deep run. I conceded early to DNC that I fucked him (not homo) on AiC, but they wouldn't have made it that far I think (Sweet 16 would have been a miracle).
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also, as DNC was dealing with with the Rap seeding. There's not necessarily a neat and tidy way to put this all together or to cut it all up(4 brackets of 8). Sometims you gotta just go with what works 81% of the tim.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also, as DNC was dealing with with the Rap seeding. There's not necessarily a neat and tidy way to put this all together or to cut it all up(4 brackets of 8). Sometims you gotta just go with what works 81% of the tim.

DNC needs to hold fast and tell the Millenial Doogs to fuck off with their post 2000 hip hop.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only acceptable response to why AIC is out would be because of a post season ban.

The backstory if you haven't heard it already is that I was trying to come up with 16 bands from the late 1980s to the present for than part of the bracket. Gave bids to Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, but adding in AiC (i.e., 4 of the 16 bands) felt like too much Seattle grunge scene. Then all hell broke loose which was surprising given that this is a college football message bored of a school located in Seattle.
    I think you're about the best guy and best poster here Snow, I love your board and everything else you've done on it, but I hate you with the intensity of a billion supermassive black holes colliding for this one poor decision. That's the nature of football fandom for you. Get it right every time or die.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

The only acceptable response to why AIC is out would be because of a post season ban.

The backstory if you haven't heard it already is that I was trying to come up with 16 bands from the late 1980s to the present for than part of the bracket. Gave bids to Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, but adding in AiC (i.e., 4 of the 16 bands) felt like too much Seattle grunge scene. Then all hell broke loose which was surprising given that this is a college football message bored of a school located in Seattle.
    I think you're about the best guy and best poster here Snow, I love your board and everything else you've done on it, but I hate you with the intensity of a billion supermassive black holes colliding for this one poor decision. That's the nature of football fandom for you. Get it right every time or die.

• skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

skinned said:

This is the worst tournament of all time. I would rather do yard work than to see how this turns out. Metal is awful

Kill yourself.
    Oh yeah? Why don’t you kill YOURself? Fuckin dumb dick
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    skinned said:

Swaye said:

skinned said:

This is the worst tournament of all time. I would rather do yard work than to see how this turns out. Metal is awful

Kill yourself.
    Hurtful.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    skinned said:

Swaye said:

skinned said:

Kill yourself.
    You can't kill the metal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
    No Dethklok?

Boo.
    Swaye's Wigwam

No Dethklok?

Boo.

They wouldn't accept the invitation to the all metal NIT. Not metal enough.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @dnc sure as shit better include E40 in his seedings.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I will count voting at noon and figure out tie breakers. Depending on how busy I am I'll start round 2 this afternoon.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can Bodom ride the momentum through the next round as the Cinderella team? Is Lemmy or Ozzy in fact god? Both Dimmu and Megadeth struggled in the first round, which one will bounce back? Will Glam metal take over the progressive bracket with Twisted Sister and Motley Crue? A juggernaut matchup of Dio vs. Cooper! Who is going to stop Slayer? Sweet Sixteen!

Swaye's Wigwam
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:
    I like to find things on the internet and share them with my shitty internet friends. I like to do that.