Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fence Update, plus It's Hard

I use a 24/7 Sports Composite Rating of 87.5 and up to distinguish "Blue Chip" recruits. That rating generally corresponds with the top 15% of all recruits and a rating in that range usually means that at least one service has rated the player as a 4-star.

In the five cycles since Petersen took over, the Huskies have closed on 16 of 24 (67%).

During the illustrious reign (5 recruiting cycles) of mythical recruiting god Steve Sarkisian, the Huskies received commitments from 10 of the 22 players (shit %) that were rated that high from the state of Washington.

But wait, there's more.

Of those that didn't sign with the UW under Petersen, I know that Dontae Powell (JC), Rypien (Spoklefuck), and Harrison (Garfield) did not have commitable offers.

On the the topic of how darn hard everything is...

The University of Washington recruits the bulk of its players from further away from home than any other team in the Pac-12 not named Stanford. It is also #2 among ALL Power 5 programs. WSU is just a whisker behind on that metric, but are clearly doing so much less successfully, as judged by recruiting rankings and results on the field.

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Was surprised by the Oregon schools at first, but I guess this is more of a function of who is closer to Southern California.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Another indicator of both how hard it really is and how good a job Petersen is actually doing with the old fence repair project:

Nationally, among Blue Chips, about 40% stay within 150 miles of home. Petersen and staff are getting over 2/3 of the guys they want in that radius from UW.

But over 75% of Blue Chips stay within 500 miles of home. Every Blue Chip recruit UW lands from California, Arizona, Nevada, and Hawaii (obviously) is outside of that radius.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I would think Nebraska would lead the nation in that metric considering they have no local talent and get some kids from Cali but I guess they are closer to Texas and Midwest recruiting grounds than UW is to SoCal. Colorado same.

Where does Notre Dame rank?
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2018

I would think Nebraska would lead the nation in that metric considering they have no local talent and get some kids from Cali but I guess they are closer to Texas and Midwest recruiting grounds than UW is to SoCal. Colorado same.

Where does Notre Dame rank?

And here are the bottom 15: