Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's beyond the edge of the known universe?

13»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Sledog said:

God figured all this out when he created it. Go ask.

Applying gender specific pronouns to God. Wow. Just wow.
    God is a dude. We know this because women have to sit to pee.
    Yeah, but women can have multiple orgasms.
    So can every dude, except apparently you, under the age of 25.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Sledog said:

Yeah, but women can have multiple orgasms.
    If I cum who cares how many she gets ....

Again proving God is a man,
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Time and space are human constructs. There is neither

No beginning no end no boundaries no limits no nothing

So you're saying 1 day in the Book of Genesis is not 24 hours then?
    a day to the Lord can be a thousand years to man

Genesis says the known world was formed out of the unknown

Not bad for bronze age story tellers
    Not bad guesses based on the knowledge available to them at the time. They got some of the order wrong - e.g., plants before light - but did figure out that the animals came before us monkeys.
    3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day....

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
    The sun and stars don’t come until day 4 though. So not only are there plants before the sun but there’s light. That’s a doozy.
    How Milky Way centric of you!

FTR, I'm in the "Genesis tells us who and why, science tells us when and how" camp.
    I sat in on some rocket scientists lecturing on Genesis and it was pretty "enlightening"

I like science.
    Been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that I didnt really understand any of their work, it was too artsy, too intellectual.

It was on Duke where Phil Collins presence became more apparent. Invisible touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding 3 albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Bannks, Collins and Rutherford you can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.

Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion", in this song, Phil Collins adresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980's, about monogomy and commitment, the song is extremely uplifting...their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Phil Collins solo career, it seems to be more commercial...and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way. Especially songs like in the air tonight and against all odds. I also think, Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Sledog said:

God is hermaphrodite and made man and woman by spitting its twin genitals in two. It's in Genesis somewhere.
    Must be the liberal loon special Stalin edition. DR,TL.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Being a dude is better than being a chick.

I just get to walk away and claim it ain't mine.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @dnc "12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."
    Then Man came along and screwed this one up royally
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

@dnc "12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."
    Then Man came along and screwed this one up royally

He said it was all for our use.